ADVERTISEMENT

2023 CFN MTSU Preview

Another year, another loss to western kentucky. Another middle of the pack finish. Another year struggling running the ball. Another year of poor o-line play. Another year...

Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Not much about the QBs there. We've had our best seasons with dynamic QBs (duh, who doesn't), and one way to overcome a talent deficient roster is to be really great at the most important position.

Vattaito looked like just a guy, so maybe one of the touted younger guys Lowe or Riles, or the juco Hefley can do something.

Reactions: ewglenn
One very interesting stat noted in the CFN preview:

"When the team ran for 85 yards or more it was 7-2 and 1-3 when it didn’t. Over the last two years it’s 9-2 when getting to 125 yards or more."

That's pretty insane to me. Basically, if we had a run game we would be winning championships.

Makes me wonder, how long have the same OL coaches been on staff giving us these same pathetic running game numbers?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......

Not much about the QBs there. We've had our best seasons with dynamic QBs (duh, who doesn't), and one way to overcome a talent deficient roster is to be really great at the most important position.

Vattaito looked like just a guy, so maybe one of the touted younger guys Lowe or Riles, or the juco Hefley can do something.

I think they are moving Riles to a RB/WR/trickery style player. He's still listed as a QB on the roster but the little action he saw last year was at RB and slot. I think he'll stay there.

Vattiato might be the best we have and is likely to start. Stock is notorious for favoring experienced QB's over younger guys. One in the hand vs. two in the bush kind of stuff. So even if Lowe is the better guy, I could still see him starting Vattiato.

And I totally agree with a dynamic QB. I think Stewart's system could run wild with a true dual threat QB, assuming our OL can hold up for 2 seconds.

I think they are moving Riles to a RB/WR/trickery style player. He's still listed as a QB on the roster but the little action he saw last year was at RB and slot. I think he'll stay there.

Vattiato might be the best we have and is likely to start. Stock is notorious for favoring experienced QB's over younger guys. One in the hand vs. two in the bush kind of stuff. So even if Lowe is the better guy, I could still see him starting Vattiato.

And I totally agree with a dynamic QB. I think Stewart's system could run wild with a true dual threat QB, assuming our OL can hold up for 2 seconds.
Do you think he will lean on Brent’s opinion more on that though. May be the same outcome, but it also may not be. Interesting to see how that works out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT