ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING 2018 combo guard legacy

found it:

...At 6-foot-3, he can play on and off the ball, as he often did for his Michigan Basketball Academy AAU team in the spring and summer. He describes his strengths as shooting, court vision and passing, while his athleticism is steadily improving.

His game has drawn widespread interest. Cal, Michigan and William & Mary have also been in recent contact. Middle Tennessee State, his former pro-basketball-playing father’s alma mater (sorry, Michigan State fans), has inquired. Washington will also visit Arkansas when he travels to see family over Thanksgiving.

Then there’s the ever-growing offer list: Akron, Binghamton, Central Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan, Youngstown State and the latest, Oakland. With plenty to choose from, Washington described what he hopes to find in a school.

“I want to go somewhere that feels like home,” he said, “and I want to go somewhere academics are strong and I know I can become a man there and grow as an individual and grow as a person just as much as a basketball player. It’s more than basketball. At some point, I’ve got to stop dribbling the basketball. After that, I want to be successful in different ways.”

We should get Upshaw to call this kid. I've heard about this kid, and he is a baller. He plays with great poise and accuracy.

Just a little confused - Since I heard his name and also that he was a MT legacy I've thought P J Washington was Duane Washington's son. Yes, the high-profile UK signee is a MT legacy but research shows that PJ is Paul, Jr. and the son of Paul (MT letter winner '95-'96) and Sherry (also a MT BkB player from news sources).

Sorry to say I don't remember Paul but I clearly remember Duane. IIRC let the nation in steals and as a 6'-5" PG was one of only two MT players in my memory to play in the NBA (Warren Kidd being the other).

Didn't mention it but it was substance-abuse IIRC - never able to come back after a suspension

Didn't mention it but it was substance-abuse IIRC - never able to come back after a suspension

This was in the "heyday" of cocaine use in the NBA. He was 2nd round pick based on my memory. I shared a Stats class with him.

Just a little confused - Since I heard his name and also that he was a MT legacy I've thought P J Washington was Duane Washington's son. Yes, the high-profile UK signee is a MT legacy but research shows that PJ is Paul, Jr. and the son of Paul (MT letter winner '95-'96) and Sherry (also a MT BkB player from news sources).

Sorry to say I don't remember Paul but I clearly remember Duane. IIRC let the nation in steals and as a 6'-5" PG was one of only two MT players in my memory to play in the NBA (Warren Kidd being the other).
Yeah I actually talked to PJ's dad on twitter when he was a freshman and he stated he wanted PJ to give MT a look. IIRC I think he actually did but all the big boys came calling so there's that

Can you (or anyone) supply some info on Paul's one year career at MT and also on Sherry's time as a LR.

Best I can recall, Paul was a decent player on some bad David Farrar teams. Handicapped by NCAA sanctions, the program took several years to recover. IMO Paul wouldn't have moved from the bench had he played on recent teams.

However, Sherry Tucker was a baller. A great recruit for Lewis Bivens, she could shoot lights out. I dont have a record book close by, but I'd bet she still ranks in some scoring categories.

Best I can recall, Paul was a decent player on some bad David Farrar teams. Handicapped by NCAA sanctions, the program took several years to recover. IMO Paul wouldn't have moved from the bench had he played on recent teams.

However, Sherry Tucker was a baller. A great recruit for Lewis Bivens, she could shoot lights out. I dont have a record book close by, but I'd bet she still ranks in some scoring categories.

Didn't spend a whole lot of time on it, but Sherry Tucker averaged 14.2 ppg over her four years. All OVC Freshman team in 92, First team All OVC as a senior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT