ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee has posted its 2024-25 Men's Roster

Wow! Half the team is seniors/Grad students. Gonna be a huge rebuild in order after this season.
Yeah the lack of recruiting at the end of Stock’s career going to show up soon. Even the guys that entered the portal were veterans looking to play elsewhere. There is some young talent on the roster but nowhere near enough young depth at this point. How fast the young players on both sides of the line of scrimmage can play will be crucial

Another NCAA Lawsuit

Non-class as in not part of the lawsuit. Only the Power conferences and the NCAA were named in the suit. So HCU nor any FCS/G5 were part of the suit class and have no merit to fight the settlement.

Which is ridiculous when it absolutely affects those schools.
If I remember my Dicken's, there a part from Oliver Twist that says the "the law is an ass"

Reactions: MidTennMtneer

FOOTBALL Roster Limits Set

15 Each for men and women basketball? The men were set 13 previously. That would be helpful.
Honestly I don't think that really changes anything. I was just talking about this with someone Ik and we were questioning who would want to come sit and be the 14th/15th man in this era. Would it be putting walk ons on scholarship now or getting a lower level transfer up to sit and mentor? I think those are two very realistic possibilities in my opinion. We shall see

Football number just plain crazy tho lol
Reactions: MidTennMtneer

FOOTBALL CUSA Kickoff Notebook: “This is not a rebuild..."

He says all the right things. At the end of the day it's going to come down to preparation and execution.

I'm personally highly skeptical of both coordinator hires. I was a big fan of both Stewart and Shafer. I understand they needed to be replaced for the sake of new blood and a new way of doing things, but in my opinion it's hard to find good coordinators at our level.

One thing to consider is with Mason's background he could always take over the defense if needed. Offensively though it's looking like Bodie or bust.
I think Stewart is as close to Mason as you're going to get without being Mason in a lot of ways. I can get the skepticism on Bodie Reeder tho but I think he has a plan for what he wants to do and knows how to effectively use that. With that being said tho, he's going to have to bring in talent on that OL. High school talent was nice but obviously they won't be playing for at least two years

Starting offensive lineman Ethan Ellis detained after incident

You might have a law suit against your employer or the city/state if they fire you for an arrest and the charged are dropped. Even federal employees with clearance don’t get immediately fired with an arrest.

Most places will suspend on the charge and then fire based on investigation or results.
TN is an employment at will state. You wouldn’t have a lawsuit.

At this point the same has been said for months. Like Wiley stated, time to let the playing do the talking.

I will say the whole media days thing looked much more professional this year than the last few. The whole let's sit down against a railing at a baseball park made zero sense. Golf doesn't either, but the stage setup looked better.
Reactions: Shayne_Pickering

Another NCAA Lawsuit

So in other words it sounds to me like they are fully expecting schools to sue if the settlement is approved.

Regardless if they don't have to spend the $ for NIL, they still are going to lose part of their NCAA income.

Login to view embedded media
In other words, the little guys....like us...are along for the ride. We have zero recourse without going after the NCAA directly, and no one is going to do that.

Login to view embedded media

He says all the right things. At the end of the day it's going to come down to preparation and execution.

I'm personally highly skeptical of both coordinator hires. I was a big fan of both Stewart and Shafer. I understand they needed to be replaced for the sake of new blood and a new way of doing things, but in my opinion it's hard to find good coordinators at our level.

One thing to consider is with Mason's background he could always take over the defense if needed. Offensively though it's looking like Bodie or bust.

"Everday is a job interview." - Derek Mason

Looks like we'll find out what that means with his handling of this incident. The kid obviously has a drinking problem. (mean drunk) So offer the AA route and if he takes it and apologizes to those involved, let him repent and move on. If he steps out of line again and doesn't go the AA route, bye Felicia. You had your job interview and you blew it.
Reactions: Brew_Raider

We can agree to disagree. My life and career would be completely changed if I was arrested.

You might have a law suit against your employer or the city/state if they fire you for an arrest and the charged are dropped. Even federal employees with clearance don’t get immediately fired with an arrest.

Most places will suspend on the charge and then fire based on investigation or results.

Media Days Notebook: Quotes & Notes from MTSU delegates

Yesterday, MTSU sent head coach Derek Mason, quarterback Nic Vattiato, linebacker Devyn Curtis, and safety Brendon Harris to Conference USA Media Days

GoMiddle breaks down what the Blue Raiders delegates had to say:

Reactions: RaidRRick

Would you lose your professional license and never be able to work in your profession again?

Because I would, and you'll never convince me that it isn't bullshit. 9 years of college and 20 years of experience in the field....what would somebody even do if that's taken from you ?

Losing a job is one thing. Losing your entire career, livelihood, and ability to your provide for your family is another.

I'll say it again. Punishment should not vary based on your job. I do not like how certain professions are held to higher standards than others. You'll never be able to convince me it's fair, because it's not.

When it comes to Ethan this is a private matter as far as I'm concerned. It's not like the cops are gonna let him off or give him special treatment because of who he is. If anything they will be as stringent as possible with him. Let him pay his debts like everyone else and get on with his life. If he doesn't learn and continues to be a repeat offender it will catch up to him. Punishment is typically progressive in the judicial world and he will only get so many chances. But he shouldn't get any fewer or any more chances than anyone else. Treat everyone fairly.
We can agree to disagree. My life and career would be completely changed if I was arrested.

I agree with Wiley.

Current stats in the U.S. suggest that close to 40% of those charged with a felony are innocent or have the charges dropped. I expect similar or more so for misdemeanors.

This kid may or may not have done something that needs discipline. I expect CDM to watch the video and make take appropriate steps.

This reinforces for the team: nothing good happens after midnight, especially if you’re at a bar.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT