ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Since we’ve been discussing our leadership…..

Memphis is a respectable University that is striving for something greater.

MTSU is a glorified junior college that nobody (including it's leaders) cares about. There's a select few of us hard core followers who care but nobody else does. The community at large takes MTSU 100% for granted despite MTSU being the reason Murfreesboro has grown into what it is. MTSU "leadership" also completely takes the university for granted, but in a different way. An easy paycheck and great path towards overgenerous state retirement with no expectations.

Last edited:
My first thought was we all write a letter endorsing CM for the UM job. I quickly realized they know him all too well.
Memphis will go through another three successful ADs before we get rid of our loser.

If we are lucky within 5 years, our AD and President will retire. The concern I have though, will that be too late for us to make up ground?

Who is technically McPhee's boss?

It is high time we start calling them out.
Ultimately the Governor with THEC and the Board in between to diffuse accountability and responsibility to the point where no one is in charge and no one is responsible/accountable, and that, I believe, is intentional.

Last edited:
Ultimately the Governor with THEC and the Board in between to diffuse accountability and responsibility to the point where no one is in charge and no one is responsible/accountable, and that, I believe, is intentional.

This makes a lot of sense given our position + the fact that government's never set anything up right.

I think we are past the point of no return.

Tend to agree. And I think we are well beyond it. Our window closed after losing all the momentum we had with Dasher. Stock had done such a good job with the program up to that point.

Then with basketball we had a small chance to become a premier basketball school but pissed all that away when we couldn't retain Kermit and made about the worst hire possible to replace him.

Last edited:
Tend to agree. And I think we are all beyond it. Our window closed after losing all the momentum we had with Dasher. Stock had done such a good job with the program up to that point.

Then with basketball we had a small chance to become a premier basketball school but pissed all that away when we couldn't retain Kermit and made about the worst hire possible to replace him.
I think we can ensure we aren't in the bottom. I still think we won't be in CUSA long term. But I also think our major chance has passed us by. It's like standing on shore waiting for the huge cruise ship to pick you up, and settling for the largest yacht. Better than the row boat we are in now, but far from what could have been.

If we had truly capitalized on 09 and Kermit's run, we would've already been in the AAC years ago, back before this last round watered it down.

Thing is though that yacht will pass us by too if we don't get some things turned around super super quick. If the Mason experiment fails on the field and MBB doesn't do a 180 (bball honestly worries me more than Mason failing), we are stuck in the row boat.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I think we can ensure we aren't in the bottom. I still think we won't be in CUSA long term. But I also think our major chance has passed us by. It's like standing on shore waiting for the huge cruise ship to pick you up, and settling for the largest yacht. Better than the row boat we are in now, but far from what could have been.

If we had truly capitalized on 09 and Kermit's run, we would've already been in the AAC years ago, back before this last round watered it down.

Thing is though that yacht will pass us by too if we don't get some things turned around super super quick. If the Mason experiment fails on the field and MBB doesn't do a 180 (bball honestly worries me more than Mason failing), we are stuck in the row boat.

Great analogies and metaphors here. 100% agree

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT