6’8” C from Richmond, VA

Jenna McClendon

6’4” C from Prattville, AL

Reactions: MTFAN61
Emily Hunter

6’8” C from Richmond, VA

Jenna McClendon

6’4” C from Prattville, AL
Pretty clear the needs for the upcoming signing class is a true big -- now the 4th and 5th uncommitted offers at the forward/center position for the '25 class.

With Lauren Hurst and Ciara Byars more than likely headed to a P5.

That leaves Hunter, McClendon, and Coffee County's Channah Gannon (6'3") on the board for possible signees at the center position.

Emily Hunter's Most Recent HS season highlights.

Obviously blocks a lot of shots being 3-4 inches taller than her opponents. Average quickness, but she's only a junior and her competition isn't the fastest either (could be misleading). I see a lot of promise, however. Looks like she stays true to a center's game, plays defense inside 8 feet, uses the glass and has great touch close to the rim, and opportunistic of the mismatches down low. She isn't afraid to shoot a 3, but the shooting stroke could use some work.

I was impressed with how mature she was with the ball for a Junior. She doesn't dribble -- catch, turn, off the glass. Would like to see more high-low, off screen footwork to see how she fits our system.

My unqualified grading would be a 3-star with 4-star potential.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Looks like a project but with her height why not take a chance. Think if she were more athletic she would have been on some more high P5 radars.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
McClendon's Junior Highlights

Fits the high school success mold Insell looks for. Finished in Final Four of Alabama's 4A State Playoffs (Alabama has 7 public school divisions, unlike Tennessee's 4).

She averaged a double-double in her Junior year. Very athletic, high energy type. Uses her length well getting into passing lanes, really fits the mold of what I think Insell is looking for in a forward/center position -- defends well, rebounds better, good passing.

Only concerns is her scoring. She averaged almost 13 ppg as a junior. I didn't see much film, but I didn't see a jumpshot, just a free throw (which looks like a good stroke). Does her damage under the rim, but even at 6'4" that's not enough for the D1 level.

It does appear she is joining the AL Starz AAU program that brought us Phifer and potentially Baugus. Could see improvement in her game after a summer against better competition.

Last edited:
Both have a lot of potential from what I can tell, that’s for sure. Having a 6’8”+ C would be an outstanding benefit especially for a program that is so good at development as ours.

Didn't create a new post for this question, but was wondering about player ratings for our new commits & transfers. I remember last year the excitement over 4 star Jada Harrison's commitment & signing. Are any of our new commitments or transfers considered 4 star athletes as well? Personally am very happy with all of the players our staff has brought in, but was trying to get an idea of what type of competition from other schools our coaches have been going up against to date.

Unfortunately there isn't a ton of services for girls basketball recruiting. The only name I've seen is Baugus.

Baugus is 3rd ranked player in Tennessee according to Prep Girls Hoops

But HoopGurlz and ESPN will update their recruiting stuff this summer as a majority of their current stuff is for the '24 class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT