ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Recruiting Trail Continues through the Pelican State

Apr 28, 2019
By; Rickey Fuquay, Jr.

MURFREESBORO, TENN. - College football teams that want to compete for a conference championship usually recruit hard for the best of the best. And, Middle Tennessee once again has struck their eye on another prospect from the Class of 2020. For the past couple days, I have been previewing high school prospects from next year's class and it's no different today. Allow me to introduce you to Cornerback/Free Safety Taquan Thomas.

Thomas, a Junior from New Orleans, La., is a standout at Lake Area New Tech High School. Standing at 5'11, 185 lbs., he is currently ranked No. 6,344 nationally and No. 151 in the state of Louisiana. This is Thomas' first offer overall.

There is always a connection when recruiting from state to state. It's no different today. Jeremy Cutrer was a four-star recruit from Kentwood, La., the No. 2 safety as well as the No. 9 recruit in the state of Louisiana. He chose to continue his college career at MTSU over LSU after one season at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. He played eight games for the Memphis Express in the Alliance of American Football league before it folded heading into Week 9 and eventually filed for bankruptcy.

With this being No. 1 for Thomas, I could see us obtaining him by National Signing Day in 2020.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News