ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs #13 (FCS) Monmouth, 6PM, Saturday, September 4, 2021

I have zero expectations going into the game tonight. I would not be surprised if we won by 21 or lost by 14. Just seems a toss up to me at this point.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Gonna be a long year guys. Or long year(s) until we get a new staff. As we're used to, we cannot block a soul. OL getting dominated up front. Trying to get way too cute with the play calling. We cannot line up and move anybody off the ball or impose any type of will. It is truly remarkable to see so much talent and experience on our OL and such a lack of ability to do anything. Terrible, terrible coaching.

I've already seen several conference USA teams play this year (La. Tech, Rice, Marshall, WKU) and they all looked significantly better. Significantly.

We don’t deserve to be FBS. No better than a top FCS school. We don’t have the line to compete on both sides.

Agreed. We are an upper 1/3 FCS team. Not a championship team. We are essentially who we were before the jump to FBS.

I'd rather just fold all of athletics to be honest. I have no interest in competing in the FCS. Our basketball program is one of the worst programs in D1, and I don't need to say anything about our football team you can see how poor that program is with your own eyes on ESPN3 right now.

Just put us all out of our misery and end it all, permanently.

Agreed. We are an upper 1/3 FCS team. Not a championship team. We are essentially who we were before the jump to FBS.

And we would be a bottom feeder FCS team after we cut down to the 63 allowed scholarships.

Rather just end the whole operation. It's not even close to being worth it.

Reactions: bluefutcpa
I'd rather just fold all of athletics to be honest. I have no interest in competing in the FCS. Our basketball program is one of the worst programs in D1, and I don't need to say anything about our football team you can see how poor that program is with your own eyes on ESPN3 right now.

Just put us all out of our misery and end it all, permanently.
Seems harsh opinion, but ok ease off the ledge a bit.

Seems harsh opinion, but ok ease off the ledge a bit.

I just don't have any interest in FCS/Division 2 athletics. Either commit to FBS/D1, build new facilities and hire a real coaching staff, or put an end to it all. I don't see the point pretending to be FBS/D1 and giving half @$$ effort across the board.

Reactions: Predarat
I just don't have any interest in FCS/Division 2 athletics. Either commit to FBS/D1, build new facilities and hire a real coaching staff, or put an end to it all. I don't see the point pretending to be FBS/D1 and giving half @$$ effort across the board.
Its does seem like an uphill climb, gotta get rid of 7wood MacFee and Massaro first, then hope we get someone that knows what they are doing to replace Stockstill and that damn basketball coach who is in over his head.

I was going to say less than that. 4 to 5K at most? Upper bowl is completely empty and the lower bowl looks sparse

We can't run the ball. We can't stop the run. Same ole, same ole.......

Sad when a school like this drives the ball down our throat. We are a team of nice guys. I want some crazy mean guys that are head bangers on the field. I miss the old days.

I do like Hockman. He's under thrown a couple deep balls, but has been very accurate on the move on the short/ intermediate throws.

I am going to give us some credit. We put away a team many thought could beat us. We scored on special teams and had a pick 6. We made some obvious adjustments on offense in the second half. We wore down a short handed FCS team. The QB play was pretty good.

There’s a lot to question about our overall lack of talent. But I am going to enjoy a much nicer win than I expected.

I’m in NYC and the first time I checked the score at dinner it was 7-7. Came back a little later and it looked like the Blue Raiders converted a couple of Monmouth fumbles into scores.

Good to get a win for Dearmon. It’s been a long career dry spell for him since he left Bethel. I know the staff has probably been sweating bullets over this game.
Maybe they are on to something.?

This is a good win. We won big against a FCS school with seemingly a lot of hype, but I just can't stand the fact we haven't had a decent run game since 2016.
This is an issue.

You’re not going to win many games with this poor running game. Getting out rushed by a FCS team that isn’t an option team is not a good sign. Dearmon did a great job adjusting the play calling in the second half for the lack of running, but that was discouraging.

If we are +4 on turnovers every week and run a punt back that won’t matter. This is one of those games that is fun how it played out, but is no where near as encouraging as say UGA’s 10-0 lead right now.

That said, I thought we would lose. So this kind of game is super fun, issues or not.

Not as pretty as the score would indicate, but I'll take it. Need a good showing next week.

Read a Lot...
Post little...
My Observations:
1. D Line looks much improved...
2. I like the increase in Special Teams effect on the game (we didn't fair catch but once tonight, punt return for TD, our kick coverage was good, long snapper (nice rope), would love to see his snap time...
3. Even though our Rushing Game was anemic tonight, it's still the 1st game... That coupled with CRS historically holding out on the playbook, I feel once the playbook is fully installed more successful options will evolve... Still Very Concerned about the OLine...
4. I'm curious to see what formations and plays come on board as the season progresses...
5. Unexpectedly Big Win... More than Happy tonight...

Monmouth is a very good team and our D lit em up. Pick 6, 3 fumbles. Sam Houston St. couldn't do what we did and they won the NC. When is the last time we've put up 50 points? It's been a while. This time last year, we were destroyed by Army. I say we have improved quite a bit. Most of y'all said we'd lose. Instead we tore em apart. In 2018, we let UT Martin score 38 on us. Tonight we gave up 15 to the no. 12 team that is also a playoff team. Do we need to get better? Definitely. Have we improved from last year. Definitely. No way in hell last year's team with O'hurry wins like this.

I like the playcalling. I like the D. No turnovers. I mean come on. I'll more than take it.

Last edited:
With Rick's history of season-opening flops, this game was a pleasant surprise.

Three QB's played in the game. I don't expect it every week but it's nice to see.

This is an issue.

You’re not going to win many games with this poor running game. Getting out rushed by a FCS team that isn’t an option team is not a good sign. Dearmon did a great job adjusting the play calling in the second half for the lack of running, but that was discouraging.

If we are +4 on turnovers every week and run a punt back that won’t matter. This is one of those games that is fun how it played out, but is no where near as encouraging as say UGA’s 10-0 lead right now.

That said, I thought we would lose. So this kind of game is super fun, issues or not.
Scored on Offense, Defense, and Special Teams… Good Win for the guys… #83 was the spark!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT