ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (5-5, 3-3) vs ODU (4-6, 3-3) (ESPN+), 2:30PM, Saturday, November 20, 2021

I confess. I left early during 2001 New Mexico State game.

"A win over Old Dominion (4-6) would give the Blue Raiders a clean sweep of their home schedule, something that hasn't been done since 2001."

• Haha
Reactions: RaiderDeez
i have watched like 3 of their games since Wolff has been the starter. It's like watching us. It really is. I actually think we have more talent than they do. Especially on defense. Wolffe is good but he throws the same type of short to intermediate passes we do. Their RB Watson is good and their run scheme is better than ours but I like Petaway and Frank Peasant in our backfield. If we had a half decent block scheme with proper caoching, we could just run on them 70% of the time.

One thing I really like about Vattaito is his release. He can get rid of the ball fast and I feel like if he can balance that with accuracy, he will be able to beat their blitz. ODU's front is formidable. They destroyed FAU but FAU has been injured on the line a lot and it showed last week. FAU is not what they were earlier this year.

I more than like our chances if we can just execute and run just a little. If we can run enough to open up the pass, opportunites will be all over the place. If they dog our run, turnover chances go way up. We just have to balance out a little more than we do. Our D will adjust to them so if we can stop an early onslaught, we will be fine.

As weird as this sounds, this may be our most challenging game because of what it represents. However, being at home and on senior day, you couldn't ask for a better advantage for us. Our home play has been outstanding. This is our first back to back home game so that will be interesting as well. It should be a great game that will go to the wire.

On the line

* Undefeated home season
* Bowl eligibility
* Win #100 for Stock
* Senior game
* 1st game after the big announcement...will all the press make people curious?
* East should be figured out by end of game...Marshall/Charlotte play same time and FAU/WKU play earlier.

FEoX1fKWYAI8-vX

Anyone else think it is incredibly stupid that our announcer reports every change in QB from play to play? So much for the element of surprise!

Also, my first game this season. Didn't buy season tix after 17 straight years. Cheapest seat in the house $18. No wonder they can't get the "average Joe" to attend games.

Reactions: MarJac23
Also, my first game this season. Didn't buy season tix after 17 straight years. Cheapest seat in the house $18. No wonder they can't get the "average Joe" to attend games.
Well, you know, if they cut the price then the public won't value the product and attendance will suffer...

This is the exact reason I haven't been in 2 years. Not paying $18-$24 a seat to watch a Stock-coached team.

I can barely stand watching them for "free" on tv.

Last edited:
What in the world is going on ?

What an effort to lose

When I made my prediction for this game I believed ODU would win because I just had this hunch we could not win this game. Talk about manifestation.

team is welcome to prove me wrong. I would like them to prove me wrong. But I just never saw us winning this game. We can never beat teams with a pulse when there is anything meaningful on the line. Ever.

This is going like I thought it would, ODU and MT are really evenly matched. I wish we would open it up a bit but we shall see,

Very unfortunate. I wanted to send these players out with a W at home and finish 7-5.

but it’s not happening. The better team is going to win today. And that team is not MT.

This game is over. We just don’t have a QB that can consistently throw it down field so ODU only has to defend short.

This is awful. Played their asses off for 3 quarters to sh!t the bed in the 4th.

Dang, watch Stock eek out a win somehow next week and put us through yet another Bowl Shellacking. Sometimes I wish I still got mad about this team and could go on Twitter and Facebook rants, pissing off Alex Dale in the process.

ODU did a great job taking what we gave them and opened up the offense on us. They have good coaching. We don't. They will grow that program. We will just be the same.

Not real sure we needed to onside kick with 4 plus minutes left.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIDTENN05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT