ADVERTISEMENT

Another surprise?

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
Just had a conversation with Chris Lee over at the Vandy site. It looks like former Vol TE Kyle Oliver is going to be heading this way and will sign with the Blue Raiders. Sounds like Vandy was the frontrunner but I don't think his academics were in order enough to make it in.

Either way, MT looks primed to land another prized recruit that once called Knoxville home. The story is pretty well known, but Oliver left UT back just before the season started. He wound up at Jones County CC in Mississippi, where he played in 5 games this year, catching 8 passes for 107 yards and 1 TD.

Of course, Oliver played his HS ball down the road at Oakland. Last year, he was rated as the 17th best TE in the country and the 14th best prospect in the state of TN.

I know there are some red flags with this kid. I've personally heard some things (unverified of course) that were a cause for concern, but I think Stock and his staff have done their homework. I know he got brought up earlier in the year. I personally didn't see MT going after him, but things change I guess.

Of course, nothing is finalized just yet, but I think the move could be coming soon. Real soon.

From the picture below, it looks like Oliver definitely beefed up a bit this year as well.

headshot_2_Kyle_Oliver.jpg

Here's his JUCO highlights from this year:

And here's his highlight tape from his senior year at Oakland:

Reactions: TeKEraider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News