ADVERTISEMENT

A pleasant surprise

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
I got the drop on this yesterday from a tipster (a poster on the board IIRC) that his son was attending a camp with someone who told him they were committed to MT.

That someone was Tyshawn Brown - a 3-star WR from Mays High (GA) who was a 2015 prospect. Brown had a boatload of offers, including some high level BCS offers from Wisconsin, Ole Miss and a slew of others. He was also teammates with MT signee Khalil Brooks.

Needless to say, this piqued my interest.

So, I tracked Tyshawn down and sure enough, he told me he's reporting to MT on January 14th and will be gearing up for spring practice. Evidently, Tyshawn graduated last May, but he didn't have the ACT score needed to get in to school.

So, while he was taking the time needed to improve his scores and get everything in order, MT stayed on him, kept up with him, and encouraged him along the way. That sentiment was not lost on Brown, and he "committed" if you will.

Between him and Joc Bruce, the WR corps looks like they're getting the shot in the arm that they needed for next year.

As for his goals, this is what Tyshawn told me:

"My first short term goal is to show the coaches at MT that I can play so I can touch the field, once I do that I am going to make it my business to make plays and try to benefit the team in any way that I can. For a long term goal I'm going to take full advantage of the free education that MT had to offer."

Here's some film on him from a Rivals Challenge Series event last year (around the 2:40 mark..Brooks is also in this video FYI)

Here's some HUDL film:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News