ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Your Thoughts on the MT/NT game Saturday.?.

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
What are your expectations for this game? I see that they are 6-9 overall and winless in CUSA play. I believe they did play UAB down to the wire the other day.

IYO should this be a landslide victory or will they give MT a fight?

Haven't seen a line yet but imagine vegas will have us about a 10 1/2 point favorite. Any conference road game scares me, so I don't expect anything to come easily.

Reactions: dukewayne
Haven't seen a line yet but imagine vegas will have us about a 10 1/2 point favorite. Any conference road game scares me, so I don't expect anything to come easily.

North Texas always has athletes good enough to have huge nights and beat the Raiders. UNT's problem always seems to be they are not well coached or prepared.

NT is a game we need to win if we are serious about contending. I realize we are going to lose some games in conference play but Saturday cannot be one of them, especially after the crappy first half performance against Rice.

We really don't want to see our best play till March, but until then we need constant improvement. I really want to see Dixon, Johnson, Gamble and Walters play improve. And our big three need to be more consistent. We have the talent, depth to win the league. But we need to get better but not peak for about 9 weeks!

Last edited:
North Texas always has athletes good enough to have huge nights and beat the Raiders. UNT's problem always seems to be they are not well coached or prepared.

Totally agree. They look and usually are big and athletic. It seems they struggle with inconsistent coaching and performing as a team. Particularly with games at UNT, it's a little nerve wracking because they usually have enough athleticism and talent to give MT big problems if they come together for a big game.

If MT can establish a decent, say double digit, lead by midway through the 2nd half, I will start to breathe a little easier.

Last edited:
I would call it ok...they let NT run wild the last 5 mins...I want us to play 40 mins. But good road trip.
Easily could have been a 30 point win, but UNT just was making every shot in the last part of the game. Luckily it wasn't close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT