ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Young up and coming coach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Old "experienced " coach

TrueBlue147

All Conference
Mar 19, 2008
Before the game the announcers were talking about all the valuable experience we have on our coaching staff with Stockstill, Tommy West, Fanklin, etc. I would trade all of them for Charlotte's coach. Our group of geriatrics are not taking us anywhere.

College coaching and recruiting is a young man’s game. It’s competitive and it’s hard. And you win more with “raw talent” than “potential” that can be “coached up”.

Winning in momma’s and grandma’s living room in February carries over to winning on Saturdays in the Fall.

Saban still hit's the road, you haven't seen the video of him dancing with the family?

Does Saban have 4 assistants over 60?
Title of thread implies a young up and coming coach is greater than an old experienced coach not coaches. It is not always the case. Also saying that because Charlotte beat us is kinda dumb. If we hire a young up and coming coach next year and go to Marshall and get blown out by Doc Holliday would we say an old experienced coach is better than a young up and coming? Could be just as simple as say Charlotte was better than is that day.

Title of thread implies a young up and coming coach is greater than an old experienced coach not coaches. It is not always the case. Also saying that because Charlotte beat us is kinda dumb. If we hire a young up and coming coach next year and go to Marshall and get blown out by Doc Holliday would we say an old experienced coach is better than a young up and coming? Could be just as simple as say Charlotte was better than is that day.

No. What we have here is an ineffective athletic department and an ineffective coaching staff who refuses to believe that we have regressed in football and a leader in Cope who rubber stamps anything this regime wants. Even if we get to 6-6, this season is ruined with the loss to Charlotte. That’s what I see; at least 28 years without an outright championship because we cannot win one now.

Last edited:
No. What we have here is an ineffective athletic department and an ineffective coaching staff who refuses to believe that we have regressed in football and a leader in Cope who rubber stamps anything this regime wants. Even if we get to 6-6, this season is ruined with the loss to Charlotte. That’s what I see; at least 28 years without an outright championship because we cannot win one now.
I am not defending the athletic department or the coaching staff. I am just saying that to say a young up and coming coach is greater than an old experienced coach is not always true.

ADVERTISEMENT