ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL You can take the person out of Antioch but you can't take the Antioch out of the person.

blueraiderJT

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2006
Come on Alexandro. What the heck are you doing? 2 armed robberies? Man, he wasn't hiding it. They caught him fast. I have an office on Hazlewood. That's just awesome. Why would he do this? Gotta be on drugs. Makes no sense. SMH

On DNJ...

"A former MTSU football player was charged with armed robbery Thursday.

Alexandro Antoine, 24, of Greenland Drive was charged with two counts of aggravated robbery and two counts of theft under $500 in connection to two robberies reported Thursday morning.

Murfreesboro Police Department received two reports Thursday morning of armed robberies. The first occurred just before 6 a.m. on Hazelwood Drive.

“The victim told police the suspect approached her and demanded her money and phone. The victim complied and the suspect left the area,” said Sgt. Kyle Evans, public information officer for MPD.

Then at a little after 9:30 Thursday morning, officers responded to another robbery report at 2181 Old Fort Pkwy.

“Officers learned that the victim was robbed in a similar fashion to the earlier robbery. The victim complied with the suspect’s demands but followed the suspect and notified police of his location,” Evans said.

The victim then took steps to make sure the suspect did not get away from the scene until responding officers arrived.

Antoine was taken into custody and interviewed by detectives.

MPD Detective Larry Maples charged Antoine this afternoon and he was booked into the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office.

Antoine finished his eligibility as a defensive lineman at MTSU in 2015. He played in all 12 games and had one start, according to goblueraiders.com."

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/crime...s-suspect-helps-police-catch-robber/92831746/

I feel sorry for the guy but then again I don't. It's sad.

These guys get a free education. He should be launching his career in something good. These small robberies point to drugs.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
Just wondering: no mention of him graduating or if he is still in school.

Regardless, I hope some plan is in place to help athletes, once they use up their eligibility, continue their education until graduation. It would be nice, but probably impractical, to follow student-athletes after graduation to insure they have every opportunity to start a career and are on the path to a successful life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT