ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Yes or No. Beat Belmont and VCU and MT is ranked....

It will decline, but not as significantly as in years past if we can win the next two. Those games will anchor us. IMO I think we will be in the 25-35 range if we can get the next 2. Quite frankly I don't care though if we keep putting up performances like last night. These guys are a joy to watch. Well coached, hard nosed, and talented.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
Yes, but I also agree with a previous poster's assessment of the effect CUSA conference play will have on MT's RPI unless Kermit hangs a hunnert on everybody.

Something just tells me that two blowouts of SEC, our record and a couple of other descent wins will get us a good amount of votes next Monday. It also seems like some heavy hitters took notice of us last night and today. That means A LOT in the polls. Not too worried about RPI just in terms of getting ranked.

Reactions: MTTrueBlue
We gotta get past Belmont first ... with that said, if we beat Belmont and VCU next week, we could be in the top twenty five (for the first time??) and hosting Georgia State in front of another crowd of 10,000...

Don't worry rankings. Win on the court and everything will take care of itself
I usually have that same mindset as well. However as good as we have been there are still achievements we have not made. Som don't care but we have NEVER been ranked. We need things that people notice. I have friends that put up with my constant pimping of our basketball program, but they still don't see what I see. You get ranked and people notice that. It's progress. It does make a difference in little ways.

Well, we're getting hard to ignore now. IF we can win the next 2 or even 3, 12-1 with a top 5 RPI, should get us ranked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT