ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS Y’all stay safe!!!!

kind of amazing what happens when a municipality actually enforces the law and the police enforce the peace.

That's a lot of rules and restrictions on that sign in order to have free speech. Makes one wonder, if there are 10 or 20 limits on free speech, is speech really free?

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
At a kkk/nazi rally, I think these rules and restrictions are completely reasonable. If you need to have a gun or a knife to exercise your freedom of speech at a protest then you shouldn’t be there.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Despite that sign prohibiting 'no facial concealing' I did see some photos tweeted out of some antifa types marching down the sidewalk that were masked. I wonder if at some point they were confronted and required to remove their masks and neckerchiefs concealing their faces. If there was going to be violence it was likely to come from them.

Glad that this all came to nothing. Hopefully the city/county and the businesses affected can seek some legal redress for loss of revenue yesterday.

Just a note - when I see a sign denoting a "free speech zone" it really rubs me the wrong way. The whole country is supposed to be a free speech zone, not just areas that government agencies try to regulate.

Despite that sign prohibiting 'no facial concealing' I did see some photos tweeted out of some antifa types marching down the sidewalk that were masked. I wonder if at some point they were confronted and required to remove their masks and neckerchiefs concealing their faces. If there was going to be violence it was likely to come from them.

Glad that this all came to nothing. Hopefully the city/county and the businesses affected can seek some legal redress for loss of revenue yesterday.

Just a note - when I see a sign denoting a "free speech zone" it really rubs me the wrong way. The whole country is supposed to be a free speech zone, not just areas that government agencies try to regulate.

Yes, they were wearing face-masks as they were marched and routed to the square, but they would have to be searched individually in order to get access to the square.

I watched about 3 hours of the live feed, most of it Shelbyville. While I disagree with what the WLM crew had to say they did it peaceably and didn't provoke anyone...meanwhile, the language coming from the counter protesters at times included "curse" words and provoking words. I was wondering what was the point of cursing them? And how that could spark anger.

ADVERTISEMENT