ADVERTISEMENT

WTF STOCKSTILL?

MT01

All American
Aug 1, 2005
Rick Stockstill is literally the worst coach in all of college football.

How the hell do you have 40 seconds with two timeouts and only run one play goal to goal. What the holy f***?

Two timeouts. About to go in for a TD. Nah, let's just let the clock run out and go on to halftime.

I'm done with this. I'm done wasting my time on such incompetence.

This is a Head Coach in his 15th season, still in his one and only HC job, and making $825,000 a year.

The real incompetence should be attributed to his employers.

Reactions: Hop45
He’s getting roasted at a national level for this latest gaffe, and deservedly so. There’s no excuse for that.
We joke a lot about players being on the take for the way they perform. Anybody stop to think Stock was on the first half under? I’m joking, obviously, but it does make ya think lol.
How NOBODY had that awareness though is beyond me. And I don’t want to hear week 1 crap about it. Those coaches are paid handsomely to be, if nothing else, competent.

This is a Head Coach in his 15th season, still in his one and only HC job, and making $825,000 a year.

The real incompetence should be attributed to his employers.

This.
Massaro created this monster. He set the bar incredibly low (be a .500 coach, improve the APR from Mac’s days & don’t get into trouble with the NCAA) at first. Then instead of setting a normal standard in Stock’s 2nd contract, he rewarded continually meeting this minimum standard with a ridiculous contract we couldn’t get out. Add to that Massaro allowing his personal feelings about the man cloud his judgment and we are 15 years into a mediocre minimal standard tenure with no end in sight.

Massaro needs to go

Massaro is to blame for all of this. He should admit that he created this mess and step down.
Rick will have a below .500 win loss even after counting wins against FCS.
Ben Hurt level coaching.
RIP Dr Walkers vision.

Reactions: Hop45
After last season, I had no plans to watch MT football this season. I had a change of heart based upon the seeming effort of the program to play ball despite the craziness of this year. I thought I'd at least start watching the game considering the effort made to just play the game.

Well, the end of the first half completely destroyed any of that goodwill. I did not finish watching that disgrace of a game. To add to the horrible play, I could not believe that I was watching the clock expire in the red zone with 2 timeouts! Unbelievable! I thought surely the network clock was just working improperly. Nope. That is such a massive embarrassment that stock should be fired TODAY!

So much for MT football for the year. It's not the same as recent years, it's getting worse if that were even possible.

Massaro should be fired for tolerating this level of incompetence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT