ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Worst weather conditions you've experienced at a Middle game?

This past year with the football game with FIU. We were behind at the half and it came a monsoon and everybody left. I think we scored every time we had the ball in the 2nd half and won in a rout.probably our best half of football all year. Maybe we should hope for rain every game!

Reactions: Raiders_55
In 1994 while in the OVC, MT played at Murray and had a similar monsoon to last years Florida International game. Think MT pulled it out and won 23-21 and one couldn’t see the (old) Kroger that was across the street from Roy Stewart Stadium. For those who haven’t seen Murray’s football stadium it’s very tall and one sided and seats 16,800. In 1994, Murray had mounted closed circuit (picture tube) televisions to watch in the upper concourse by the concession stands—something that MT didn’t have until many years later. Poncho came in very handy that day but was thankful to watch in the dry courtesy of the TVs!!

2013 Marshall. Butt f×&*$;% cold. Was easily single digits by time game ended with wind chills probably negative. But it was awesome. MT Tees was running Lightning's then and said he sold a gazillion pairs of gloves and blankets.

Took me years to convince my wife to go to another game (in Huntington 2018 when we got to wear shorts). In the YouTube vid of the TD you can see me jump up in excitement while they sit cuddled under a blanket not moving.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
2013 Marshall. Butt f×&*$;% cold. Was easily single digits by time game ended with wind chills probably negative. But it was awesome. MT Tees was running Lightning's then and said he sold a gazillion pairs of gloves and blankets.

Took me years to convince my wife to go to another game (in Huntington 2018 when we got to wear shorts). In the YouTube vid of the TD you can see me jump up in excitement while they sit cuddled under a blanket not moving.
2013 Marshall is mine

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
This past year with the football game with FIU. We were behind at the half and it came a monsoon and everybody left. I think we scored every time we had the ball in the 2nd half and won in a rout.probably our best half of football all year. Maybe we should hope for rain every game!

Agree. Some of the hardest rain I've ever experienced at a sporting event. Drank a few beers while trying to wait out the rain at halftime. Ended up walking back to my house and watched the rest of the game on tv.

cold: early 2000's Utah State at home
heat: at Purdue about 8 yrs ago
rain: 2013 Marshall

Vandy ‘15 losing at home in the rain in the final 6 minutes.

@Vandy ‘16 losing in a blowout in the rain again with a long storm delay.

Ralph Webb owned us both years.

The FIU game this season was the worst rain game I remember. The other would be back in the early 90's. We hosted Sam Houston State in a 1-AA playoff game and I recall it raining miserably the whole game.

As far as cold, I am usually pretty well prepared so it rarely bothers me. But I would say if I had to pick one that made me miserable, it would be when we hosted Mississippi State a few years ago. I know it wasn't the coldest but it was one of those fall days where it had been warm days leading up to the game and suddenly changed. My body hadn't acclimated yet and what was probably 50 degrees felt like 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT