ADVERTISEMENT

Women Advance to 3rd Round of WNIT

blueboro007

All American
Dec 8, 2006
Beat an athletic Wake Forest team 73-66. Was actually a fun game to watch after the way they played against Morehead Thursday night. Wake had a tall team and some good shooters but we played with much more energy and the crowd, while a little smaller than normal, really got into the game due to the aggressive/physical style of Wake.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Worse call I can remember by an official when Petty was clearly pushed and called for travel instead of the opposing player being whistled. Just incredible. Good game by the Lady Raiders, one of their better efforts of the year I thought.

Hope everyone can make it to Atlanta for the GT game. I have heard it is during GT's spring break so we may in fact have as many fans as they do, if not more. Let's get a win and REVENGE for that horribly officiated "loss" earlier in the year so we can have an Elite 8 game in the Boro!!!

Well I listened in to the game until it was 17-2 in favor of GTech and when I was able to get back in my car I was hearing Dick Palmer choke up when he was wrapping up interviewing Ty Petty.

They got as far as they could riding Petty and Johnson and the other Lady Raiders contributing what little they could. Petty is a huge loss and I don't honestly expect a winning season at this point next year. CRI may squeeze it out of whoever is out on the court for him, but I haven't felt this lack of enthusiasm to 'next season' in a long time.

It's because 'next season' is never as good as the previous season. Insell has never learned how to successfully recruit to MT. It's like watching the Titanic slowly and steadily sink.

Until we start getting some better athletes the program we will continue to fall. Our girls are too small, slow and CRI refused to play Allison, who is an athlete, until he had no choice. The only thing that held this team together was the play of Petty. I would not feel comfortable with any returning players playing point guard. Supposedly we have a couple of athletes coming in but we also have a 6'5" girl who fits the CRI mold...fat and slow. And I have seen no historic evidence that shows they will get in shape after arriving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT