ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Wilson Kelly commits to MTSU

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
Here

Wilson was offered today and committed on the spot.

He is a two way player who can play center or defensive tackle.

He is all-state and a Kentucky state champion

you beat out NAIA and non scholarship offers, of course he would commit......dang

I wouldn't worry about early offers too much. A.J. Williams and a lot of good players from last class didn't have early offers and they ended up with several before all was done. A.J. Williams ended up with Wake Forest.

My concern is with the actual film.

Let's just be honest. The kid is a project. Hopefully he's young and hit's a growth spurt. He's actually got a pretty good swim move and he has good hand fighting skills. He needs to get bigger, stronger, and faster. His feet seem to move awfully slow to my eyes.

It's honestly always hard to evaluate linemen at the G5 level because you never get the complete package. You've just gotta hope they develop into men and become wardaddies.

I have always been a proponent of spending more scholarships on Offensive and Defensive linemen at the G5 level. Coaches are so obsessed with roster management numbers and trying to be similar to what everyone else is doing as coaching is a monkey-see-monkey-do business. News flash: We are not Alabama or any P5 school for that matter and we cannot manage our roster in the same fashion they do. Schools like Alabama and Clemson and other Power 5's can afford to spend fewer scholarships on the OL & DL because they're getting the best players and fewer busts.

Schools like MT have to roll the dice more on linemen at the G5 level and because of that we should be spending more scholarships on the line. You will not win games without a good OL and good DL....and in some cases you won't even be able to compete because you just get completely dominated (ie. Duke).

This is not rocket science here, I wish our coaches as a whole were more innovative in their approach and more thoughtful about building our program. G5 programs are unique and should be managed as such.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I wouldn't worry about early offers too much. A.J. Williams and a lot of good players from last class didn't have early offers and they ended up with several before all was done. A.J. Williams ended up with Wake Forest.

My concern is with the actual film.

Let's just be honest. The kid is a project. Hopefully he's young and hit's a growth spurt. He's actually got a pretty good swim move and he has good hand fighting skills. He needs to get bigger, stronger, and faster. His feet seem to move awfully slow to my eyes.

It's honestly always hard to evaluate linemen at the G5 level because you never get the complete package. You've just gotta hope they develop into men and become wardaddies.

I have always been a proponent of spending more scholarships on Offensive and Defensive linemen at the G5 level. Coaches are so obsessed with roster management numbers and trying to be similar to what everyone else is doing as coaching is a monkey-see-monkey-do business. News flash: We are not Alabama or any P5 school for that matter and we cannot manage our roster in the same fashion they do. Schools like Alabama and Clemson and other Power 5's can afford to spend fewer scholarships on the OL & DL because they're getting the best players and fewer busts.

Schools like MT have to roll the dice more on linemen at the G5 level and because of that we should be spending more scholarships on the line. You will not win games without a good OL and good DL....and in some cases you won't even be able to compete because you just get completely dominated (ie. Duke).

This is not rocket science here, I wish our coaches as a whole were more innovative in their approach and more thoughtful about building our program. G5 programs are unique and should be managed as such.

Your offers are normally a indication of your talent level. We aren't talking about a JUCO or Prep school kid. I have been doing this recruiting for over 10 years and most coaches know what they are getting and that's why certain schools offer. NAIA hardly ever offer early unless they know that kid is a NAIA player and they truly have a chance. They normally wait to see what falls off the FCS and FBS wagon, and them and D2 schools fight for the kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT