ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS Why major MT athletic facilities upgrades are unlikely soon despite $100M plan announced in 2018

Something doesn’t pass the sniff test
That can be said for much of what has taken place (or not been allowed to take place) under McPhee.

I am afraid that once McPhee is gone, a similar replacement will be found - and the current direction of the school, and athletic department, will continue.

Lastly, this premise that we have some of the worst facilities is a lie that’s being perpetuated by enablers. I can assure you there are a lot of programs in places like C-USA, Sun Belt, and MAC that have much worse infrastructure that have still managed to whoop our asses.

This is true.

Anyone ever been to Malone Stadium? Or the Sun Bowl? Even Joe Aillet Stadium has quite a bit of ugly age to it, except for the somewhat newer Endzone facility.

I’m not sure I follow this logic. But I wonder if you still feel the same today as you did last year?

I do and I don't. I do think MT could be exponentially better with improved facilities that could not only enhance the athletes and their abilities, but be a real selling point that could draw better recruits to begin with. To that end, yes I do still feel bad for Stock. He sells what he has, and he cant even compare his product to 99% of the country. That's pretty bad when you really break it down.

On the other hand, the more I think about it, I haven't heard a PEEP from Stock when it comes to calling for the ball to get rolling here. If there's indeed ~$40M in the coffers (super debatable at this point), he should be demanding that dirt gets pushed and something to show is in the works. He has a platform every week that he can use as a sounding board for change. The fans would LOVE to hear it, too. His silence, at this point, is nothing more than an enabler to the problems. So no, I don't really feel the same anymore. He's had ample opportunity to stand up and demand change, and he hasn't. For those reasons, in addition to the litany of issues brought up with on the field coaching, etc, etc - I'm out.

Reactions: Hop45
This is where we miss strong investigative journalism. Where is the money? Why haven’t they built something? If our facilities suck that bad, build or upgrade something.

This Screams of dishonesty and/or incompetence.

Reactions: C-Bow
The simple fact that 89.5 is no longer used for MBB and FB tells us that 7 wood doesn't care about the fan base.

I can answer that question for you. Offline.

Oh I'm sure there's a number of reasons. Maybe we've met lol.

Or if you're talking about the site digging a little deeper on the money - I think Matt and Tyler would be happy to hunt that down.

Last edited:
I can answer that question for you. Offline.
Don’t know what you are getting at, but GoMiddle has reported on this in the past (It’s Time for More, It’s Time to Move On, and Pulling Back the Curtain series).

Reactions: C-Bow
Oh I'm sure there's a number of reasons. Maybe we've met lol.

Or if you're talking about the site digging a little deeper on the money - I think Matt and Tyler would be happy to hunt that down.

Goes back much further than that

ADVERTISEMENT