ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Where MT stands before National Signing Day

Didn't we sign a JC DT?

Yeah Rosheem Collins.

But that's the only DT we have. He's a JUCO, so he's only got 2 to play.

We also have zero other defensive linemen of any kind committed. We've done well at every other position, but need to finish up the last few spots with a few DLs.

Jordan Ferguson will play on the DL, maybe even inside.

Still would like to see another DT signed though. You can never have enough big strong defensive linemen. I wish Stock would allocate more scholarships for the unit.

They're looking to sign another LB. Would love to see us steal Tavares Thomas away as his film looks amazing. http://www.hudl.com/profile/1331877/tavares-thomas

I know finding quality d- linemen is hard to do at the level but I would think we could do a better job of getting DT's

I know finding quality d- linemen is hard to do at the level but I would think we could do a better job of getting DT's

I think we need to think of the D as a whole...while I would love some 320lb DT, I would be satisfied with some 280 guys who can play with heart. We simply need better players on D, or maybe it is coaching and scheme. Regardless, we can and should be better on D.

Entirely too much is being made of the size of the DT. Size is good, but size without the ability to move is pointless.

The MT DL in 2016, particularly the inside guys, couldn't come off blocks and looked like statues most of the time. Sacrificing 30 pounds to gain a little mobility to attack may be better than a a 320 pound DT who can't move

The D line is the foundation of the defense.
We MUST acquire depth in the D line.
Without a strong D line, it doesn't matter how good you are at LB or in the secondary.

D-winns

Reactions: AustinLewis
Entirely too much is being made of the size of the DT. Size is good, but size without the ability to move is pointless.

The MT DL in 2016, particularly the inside guys, couldn't come off blocks and looked like statues most of the time. Sacrificing 30 pounds to gain a little mobility to attack may be better than a a 320 pound DT who can't move
There's a way to immediately see improvement from our D-line. Release Tommy West.

Reactions: AustinLewis
Shafer is gonna bust some skulls. He's that kind of guy. I'm pretty sure he laid down the law of things when he got hired. A guy with his pedigree wouldn't come here without a guarantee of complete control. West will either sink or swim with a guy like Shafer. Same goes for Ellis. Shafer knows coaching secondary like the back of his hand. He will give his input and direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT