ADVERTISEMENT

Where are all the moderate

BlueRaiderFan

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2003
Christians denouncing the planned parenthood shooting? Yes, he was quoted as saying "No more baby parts," so no, he wasn't targeting the bank next door, nice try though.

If they were at an abortion clinic, I would agree with you. Still no outcry from the Christian community about the abortion clinic shootings.

No one condones the shooting. Don't correlate something that happens rarely to something that happens frequently. This is the first event since 2009 (meanwhile how many attacks have there been in the name of Allah?) In fact, this type of think is way down. Its pretty obvious the guy who did the shooting is mentally ill, as are MOST in these types of events. The guy that did the shooting has no Pro-life history.

WTH do you want? And what is your point?

Reactions: ToddMalone
My point is, if you are going to call out Muslims for the bad behavior of a small minority of them (Sunni Wahhabi Muslims from Saudi Arabia and the occasional Shia), then call out your own religion. You have this idea that most Muslims support these idiots, and they do not, just like most Christians don't support abortion clinic bombers. What these extremists are trying to do is to radicalize YOU and get YOU to believe that ALL Muslims are extremists. Once this happens you will send your armies to other countries to kill them and in turn create more support among the middle eastern people for the extremists (which is what has happened the last 23 years in the M.E.). You are having the EXACT attitude that they want. You are FEEDING the fire with your simplistic view of the world.

Reactions: TeKEraider
pearls.
swine.
snot-nosed millennials.

script's already been written.
no use in trying to resist at this point.
just keep reminding oneself of Who's in charge.
everything appears to be right...on...schedule.
even so, it is well...with...my soul

My point is, if you are going to call out Muslims for the bad behavior of a small minority of them (Sunni Wahhabi Muslims from Saudi Arabia and the occasional Shia), then call out your own religion. You have this idea that most Muslims support these idiots, and they do not, just like most Christians don't support abortion clinic bombers. What these extremists are trying to do is to radicalize YOU and get YOU to believe that ALL Muslims are extremists. Once this happens you will send your armies to other countries to kill them and in turn create more support among the middle eastern people for the extremists (which is what has happened the last 23 years in the M.E.). You are having the EXACT attitude that they want. You are FEEDING the fire with your simplistic view of the world.

Are we sure it's a small minority? Are you sure most Muslims don't support these idiots? I just read a Pew research poll that showed that ISIS support even in moderate muslim countries run at about 10-15%, while in some of the more extreme countries, ISIS support or favorable views of ISIS run over 60%.

After 9/11, we were told it was a small minority. After London 7/7, just a few fanatics. After Paris, we were told it was just a few ISIS supporters.

At this point, we need to face the fact that we may not be facing a "small minority", but thousands and thousands of kill-crazy murderous Muslims who are supported by vast #'s of those who practice this so-called religion.

I'm fairly certain that the average Muslim is not a radical and does not support radicals. 10%, even it if accurate, is a lot lower than Fox News would have us believe and it doesn't include secular Muslims.

We bomb a country. People die. They get angry. They bomb us. We die. We get angry. We bomb a country. USE YOUR BRAINS.

I'm fairly certain that the average Muslim is not a radical and does not support radicals. 10%, even it if accurate, is a lot lower than Fox News would have us believe and it doesn't include secular Muslims.

If there are 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide and 10% are extremists - heck, let's give 'em the benefit of the doubt and call it 5% - that's still 80 million psycho Islamists out there. Even at 3%, that's 48 million of 'em.

Being "fairly certain" that someone isn't a terrorist is a pretty scarily low bar.

We bomb a country. People die. They get angry. They bomb us. We die. We get angry. We bomb a country. USE YOUR BRAINS.

I don't know if I buy your inference that "We bombed them, so terrorism against us is a totally reasonable".
I hate to fall back on the whole "He hit me first" line of thinking, but we had little military presence and few intstances of interviontion in the in the region prior to 9/11.

Besides, i'm not too sure that much of these attacks are revenge for incidents that occur during wars. Many of these attackers were children or infants during the war - a 21 year old suicide bomber would be around 5 during the invasion of Afghanistan.

I'm pretty confident that much of the driving force behind the the violence is a religion that essentially condones and actively promotes murder, rape, violence, and subjugation of all other people.

Doug, careful arguing with BRF...his narrative is Fox News is evil, GWB is at fault, capitalism is the culrpirt, school loans are unjust, if we could all just get along they will stop harming. Its faulty logic and you will end up in a circular argument.

The basis for starting this topic is faulty. Why are Christians not concerned about the PP killing (they are, and this events rarely happen) while they are concerned about radical Islam (they are and these attacks are happening more frequently) He is trolling.

Not defending or justifying the actions by any stretch but you can't be serious when you claim we haven't intervened. Sponsored coup in Iran. Arming Hussein. Arming the Taliban. Propped up Dictatorship in Egypt. Bombed Lebanon. Bombed Lybia. Give Billions to Isreal. Give Billions Pakistan. desert storm. All before 9/11.

And sorry but in this country right wing terrorism happens more than Islamic terrorism. We just tend to be less frightened of them for some reason. Of course technically radical Islam comes from strict conservatism as well so I guess it's a pattern.

Reactions: BlueRaiderFan
If there are 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide and 10% are extremists - heck, let's give 'em the benefit of the doubt and call it 5% - that's still 80 million psycho Islamists out there. Even at 3%, that's 48 million of 'em.

Being "fairly certain" that someone isn't a terrorist is a pretty scarily low bar.

So what? What do you propose that we kill them all? Do you propose that we don't let any of them in the country because "maybe" 5-15% are radicals? Sorry, but we don't run our country that way. 95% of all terrorist activity in the US last year was Non-Muslim. I don't want to be lumped in with snake handlers, the KKK etc as a Christian. I won't lump them in with ISIS. You can if you wish.

I don't know if I buy your inference that "We bombed them, so terrorism against us is a totally reasonable".
I hate to fall back on the whole "He hit me first" line of thinking, but we had little military presence and few intstances of interviontion in the in the region prior to 9/11.

Besides, i'm not too sure that much of these attacks are revenge for incidents that occur during wars. Many of these attackers were children or infants during the war - a 21 year old suicide bomber would be around 5 during the invasion of Afghanistan.

I'm pretty confident that much of the driving force behind the the violence is a religion that essentially condones and actively promotes murder, rape, violence, and subjugation of all other people.

We went into Iran and staged a coup in the 1950's. We went into Iraq and Saudi Arabia in 1990-1991. Those people don't forget things. One time is all it takes. I never said terrorism against us is totally reasonable. Your words, not mine. If you think that ISIS isn't LOVING the fact that France has stepped up bombing you are wrong. They love it and they love it when innocent children and women get killed because they use it to recruit and we are playing right into what they want by supporting it. These people have a tribal mentality. If you mess with them, they don't forget and they want revenge, period. We are making things worse. Send in ground troops and get it over or stop the bombing.

Doug, careful arguing with BRF...his narrative is Fox News is evil, GWB is at fault, capitalism is the culrpirt, school loans are unjust, if we could all just get along they will stop harming. Its faulty logic and you will end up in a circular argument.

The basis for starting this topic is faulty. Why are Christians not concerned about the PP killing (they are, and this events rarely happen) while they are concerned about radical Islam (they are and these attacks are happening more frequently) He is trolling.

And your narrative is all Liberals are stupid, immoral, and so on. You make broad generalizations and don't pay attention to what exactly others are saying. For instance, I never said that school loans are unjust. I said that the system we have set up is unjust. The loans were fine until Congress changed the law in the 1990's. You probably think I'm talking about getting free college, because you don't pay attention, which I am not. The basis for this post is sound. You want the average Muslim to speak out against the radicals in their religion but when radicals from Christianity act, Christians don't speak out.

Not defending or justifying the actions by any stretch but you can't be serious when you claim we haven't intervened. Sponsored coup in Iran. Arming Hussein. Arming the Taliban. Propped up Dictatorship in Egypt. Bombed Lebanon. Bombed Lybia. Give Billions to Isreal. Give Billions Pakistan. desert storm. All before 9/11.

And sorry but in this country right wing terrorism happens more than Islamic terrorism. We just tend to be less frightened of them for some reason. Of course technically radical Islam comes from strict conservatism as well so I guess it's a pattern.

They will never even entertain the thought that we may be on to something. They know all.

How far back are we going here with the tit for tat? Because we can go back to the Moorish invasion of Spain if we want. Or farther if we want. We can go all Byzantine if we're counting the conflicts between the Muslim world and the west.

"Hey, the British incited the natives along the northwest frontier - let's blow up Buckingham Palace!!!!"

At some point, you have to move forward.

I'm not too sure some of those interventions were necessarily bad things - support of Isreal, Desert Storm.

And let's face it, I know you liberals like to blame everything you can on America, but these guys aren't exactly screaming "Remember Fallujah" before blowing themselves up. This isn't a political cause.

They're doing because they've succumbed to a hateful religion and ideology who's only goal is to dominate and subjugate and they've no qualms about using violence as a means to an end. Honestly, I don't see that much difference between Islam in the last 2 decades and the Nazi movement in the 30's and 40's.

If you don't get your heads out of the sand, we're going to be burying our children, and wondering why they keep killing us.

We went into Iran and staged a coup in the 1950's. We went into Iraq and Saudi Arabia in 1990-1991. Those people don't forget things. One time is all it takes. I never said terrorism against us is totally reasonable. Your words, not mine. If you think that ISIS isn't LOVING the fact that France has stepped up bombing you are wrong. They love it and they love it when innocent children and women get killed because they use it to recruit and we are playing right into what they want by supporting it. These people have a tribal mentality. If you mess with them, they don't forget and they want revenge, period. We are making things worse. Send in ground troops and get it over or stop the bombing.

You guys are still missing the mark. You are under the impression we're fighting a nation-state that or a "tribe" that simply wants to be left alone to do whatever it wants to do.

We're not. We're at war with an entire culture and religion.

It's not about defeating ISIS. Long before ISIS there was the PLO. Then Hamas and Hezbollah. And then Al -Qaeda. And then ISIS. And when ISIS is gone, something else will take it's place.

The problem is Islam. It always has been. It's absolutely incompatible with Western values and culture. It either needs a reformation, or it needs to be stamped out.

If you continue to lump all Muslims into the same group this cycle will continue. The 1950s wasn't the early middle ages.

So what? What do you propose that we kill them all? Do you propose that we don't let any of them in the country because "maybe" 5-15% are radicals? Sorry, but we don't run our country that way. 95% of all terrorist activity in the US last year was Non-Muslim. I don't want to be lumped in with snake handlers, the KKK etc as a Christian. I won't lump them in with ISIS. You can if you wish.

Are you sure about that stat? Using the google:

As of 2013: "Of the more than 300 American deaths from political violence and mass shootings since 9/11, only 33 have come at the hands of Muslim-Americans, according to the Triangle Center on Terrorism and Homeland Security."

If the Muslim population of the US is around 5 million of 300 million, that's 1.6% of the population, yet they're the cause of over 10% of the terrorist killings in the US since 9/11. That doesn't account for San Bernadino.

Of course there's more terrorist activity from other groups - there's not that many Muslims here. Yet. Keep bringing them over by the planeload and watch that # rise quickly.

There's a bunch of bad reasons people kill other people. Mostly mental illness. There's only one group motivated by a psycho-religion.

Not letting anymore in is a start. If you're bleeding heart needs to lend a hand to the less fortunate, there's thousands of Asian and South/Central Americans we can help out instead - groups much less likely to contain violent radicals.

Again, you wouldn't let Nazi's in in 1941, so why the heck are we bringing Muslims in now?

I am 38. Everything except the coup happened in my lifetime. Not exactly ancient history. It has nothing to do with blaming America. It's just common sense. After 9/11 people flocked to join the military. The wanted join the fight. Do you not think the exact same thing happens in the ME when we kill their mothers and daughters and sons and father? It is fruitless endeavor that has already cost too many off my friends lives.

Despite the fact that we are doing Isis' recruiting work for them I am much more concerned with our right wing nut jobs. Not only have they killed more people since 9/11 but they have real potential to destroy our union. Isis has no chance of doing any real damage to our Union. Yes the loss of life is tragic but it doesn't instill fear in me anymore than The Sandy Hook kid does. It's a one off event. These Oath Keepers and such that want to take up arms against law enforcement every time they don't want to pay a tax are a greater threat to my children's safety. That keeps me up at night. They are stock piling arms and trying to provoke conflict. It will eventually happen that they are successful in provoking that conflict . Then our country will be in real danger.

Reactions: BlueRaiderFan
Are you sure about that stat? Using the google:

As of 2013: "Of the more than 300 American deaths from political violence and mass shootings since 9/11, only 33 have come at the hands of Muslim-Americans, according to the Triangle Center on Terrorism and Homeland Security."

If the Muslim population of the US is around 5 million of 300 million, that's 1.6% of the population, yet they're the cause of over 10% of the terrorist killings in the US since 9/11. That doesn't account for San Bernadino.

Of course there's more terrorist activity from other groups - there's not that many Muslims here. Yet. Keep bringing them over by the planeload and watch that # rise quickly.

There's a bunch of bad reasons people kill other people. Mostly mental illness. There's only one group motivated by a psycho-religion.

Not letting anymore in is a start. If you're bleeding heart needs to lend a hand to the less fortunate, there's thousands of Asian and South/Central Americans we can help out instead - groups much less likely to contain violent radicals.

Again, you wouldn't let Nazi's in in 1941, so why the heck are we bringing Muslims in now?
Actually it's the Jews we wouldn't let in in 1941. You would think we could learn from history but we are slow learners.

9624f8992db503c603379eb0426943a5c292f4bc36c5644281a303b097f9e873.jpg

You guys are still missing the mark. You are under the impression we're fighting a nation-state that or a "tribe" that simply wants to be left alone to do whatever it wants to do.

We're not. We're at war with an entire culture and religion.

It's not about defeating ISIS. Long before ISIS there was the PLO. Then Hamas and Hezbollah. And then Al -Qaeda. And then ISIS. And when ISIS is gone, something else will take it's place.

The problem is Islam. It always has been. It's absolutely incompatible with Western values and culture. It either needs a reformation, or it needs to be stamped out.

You are incorrect, Doug. For one thing, Islam has not always been radicalized. That happened when our CIA radicalized them to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan. For another thing, ISIS is largely controlled and made up by Sunni Muslims from Saudi Arabia and Southern Iraq, most of the rest of ISIS are just guns for hire that say they are Muslim but have little idea about their religion and are just there for the money. These are not average, everyday Muslims and if you think they are, you are grossly uniformed.

Yeah Gaffeney has been completely discredited and his group are the worst fear mongerers in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT