ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL What will you be looking for in the opener vs Vanderbilt

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
Obviously top priority is to win the game.. I have a few things I'll be eye balling.

-Win
-No major injuries
-More resistance in the secondary.
-Don't let Webb go crazy. He will get his yards but I'm interested to see how Shafer schemes the D up.

-Couple trick plays/wrinkles to keep VU off guard.

Offensive line protects Brent, manages to open a hole or two for a rb to get some yards.

I want to see shurmur on his back three or four times ...

Reactions: C-Bow
1. A statement WIN!
2. Revamped defense that attacks
3. An offense that has good tempo and controls the line of scrimmage.
4. No injuries
5. Sports Center highlights!

Offense:
- Stock and James show
- Want us to be able to run the ball (can Tucker get back to speed, he was a TD machine)

Defense:
- Brady to be all that he was at Mizzou, we need a difference maker
- Create turnovers, basically more big plays

We are going to always give up yards, but a bit more havoc would be nice.

Stop Webb. He has killed us the last 2 games against them.

1. Cut out the turnovers. Protect the ball.
2. Tackle better.
3. Improve and make plays on special teams. Stop their KR.
4. Increase possession time.
5. Attack more on D and go to the ball instead of waiting for it to come to them.
6. TFL's

Pressure Shumur. Force him out of the pocket.
Slow Webb. Don't let him get to the outside.
DBs cover close.
Establish the run.
Spread the ball to wrs
Field position in our favor.
30k attendance

1. first and foremost, a "W"
2. How does the D-line and the defense as a whole do
3. Who takes over as the lead RB

Load up on the run, obviously. I'm totally cool with stacking the box and playing man on the outside. If Vandy can beat us throwing the ball up and down the field, so be it. But do not let them run the ball, please. There isn't a more deflating way to lose than being unable to stop the run.

Just looking for a W. This is by far the best, although I hope not the only, chance to get a win in this 4 game series.

IMHO to lose all 4 would be devastating to the program, although any bump from the earlier 3 game series sweep was obviously short lived.

It was short lived because we have a hard time following up with any success in football. Hopefully this year we start some momentum.

Just looking for a W. This is by far the best, although I hope not the only, chance to get a win in this 4 game series.

IMHO to lose all 4 would be devastating to the program, although any bump from the earlier 3 game series sweep was obviously short lived.

Reactions: Predarat
ADVERTISEMENT