ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Western Kentucky opens an eight point favorite...

With that line, does Western have a Dwight Dasher type on their team or something?

You are not taking points when you bet a favorite, you are giving them. You get points when betting an underdog.

Lines down to 5.5

Yall are such squares 😅

the sandlot 90s GIF

It actually want DOWN? haha I thought it might go up. More reason to pick WKU. They are going to throttle MT.

If WKU would have beaten Troy, the line would have been over 12. Troy has a very good defense. We do not and it's at WKU. That's a 2 TD gap at least. Would love to be wrong.

MT's offense and special teams contributed to the loss to CSU giving up a touchdown each. MT defense seems surprisingly weaker than last years, but I think still better overall than the offense.

No matter, vegas hasn't got it right yet. I think MT is the loser again, ten point margin at least, would not be suprised to see it 17 or maybe 21.

Semantics. They still gotta cover so WKU is a sure bet to cover the 6-8 points.

go get your free money with WKU then

Smart money will be on MT +5.5 and I think they win the game. I'll tell you how later

go get your free money with WKU then

Smart money will be on MT +5.5 and I think they win the game. I'll tell you how later
I’m starting to get the feeling we win the game too.

Our opponents other games:
Colorado St played teams that are a combined 7-1

Alabama played teams that are a combined
9-3 (2 of 3 lost to Bama)

Missouri played teams that are a combined
8-3 (3 lost to Missouri)

Murray St played teams that are a combined 6-1 (1 lost to Murray St)

WKU opponents other games:
USF played teams that are a combined 8-4 (2 of 4 lost to USF)

HCU played teams that are a combined 3-5 (1 lost to HCU, AR Baptist isn’t listed)

Ohio St played teams that are a combined 8-4 (3 of 4 lost to Ohio St)

Troy played teams that are a combined 9-3 (1 lost to Troy)

1. The last time MT beat WKU was in 2018 at home with a hell of a much better team than what we have now.

2. The last time we have beaten WKU at WKU was 11 years ago.

3. WKU walloped USF who gave BAMA a much better game than we did, like night and day difference.

4. We do not have the defense to keep Reed contained. He will pick us apart. We couldn't cover 2 WR's with obvious play calling let alone 4 WKU WR's with a stellar QB.

I would love to be wrong as it basically saves our season if we win but I don't see it.

Reactions: Hop45
4. We do not have the defense to keep Reed contained. He will pick us apart. We couldn't cover 2 WR's with obvious play calling let alone 4 WKU WR's with a stellar QB.

I would love to be wrong as it basically saves our season if we win but I don't see it.
THIS. Even if we pick up the receivers, they will kill us with the run or the slot. We don't have enough to hold them all.

Offensive G5 ranks
WKU 18
MT 39

Defensive
WKU 60
MT 48

Our only hope is to use our offense against them and I don't trust our OL to do that.

1. The last time MT beat WKU was in 2018 at home with a hell of a much better team than what we have now.

3. WKU walloped USF who gave BAMA a much better game than we did, like night and day difference.

Think more deeply. What's the most effective way to slow a high potent offense like that down?

Hint: Look up the game in 2012 and what we did. You're about to see a repeat of it.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer

Jalen Milroe didn’t play that game against USF. Also it was a disaster weather wise.

Name one thing MT is going to do differently than the other seven losses. Bet you can’t.

Bet wkcc can’t either. Which is why they’ll just game plan like they have all the other times because they know we won’t bring a single damn thing to this game we haven’t brought before. They recruit better than we do. And they coach better than we do. This isn’t really even a rivalry anymore. It’s become more like Vandy and Tenn.

Look for Rick to lead a team of competers - seeking a moral victory against a team with people that have a different mindset - straight to the L column.

Think more deeply. What's the most effective way to slow a high potent offense like that down?

Hint: Look up the game in 2012 and what we did. You're about to see a repeat of it.

What did we do and how is it relatable? That was pre Brohm. He wasn’t even an assistant there yet. IMO you have separate wkcc in the BB and AB eras. Plus they had a much less talented QB then.

We also returned a KO for a TD late to win it. I don’t see the parallels. We don’t even return kicks anymore.

Also, at that time MT had the more talented roster. We shouldn’t have even been in such a tight game with them back then. Just further demonstrates CRS ineptitude.

Wiley, the only thing I can think of is you expect us to use the new clock rules in our favor. Run the football more where they are a little more susceptible, try to keep their offense off the field and keep it a low scoring game. Is that is?

I don't see MT rushing for over 200 yds like in that game, not with our weak-*ss pathetic offensive line. If ToP is in our favor it will likely be because wku is scoring quickly and big plays.

I hope they can pull out a win on the road, but It's stock, on the road, and its western. MT likely a loser and an L in 8 out of 9 games against the Toppers. Somebody ought to lose their job.

I don't see MT rushing for over 200 yds like in that game, not with our weak-*ss pathetic offensive line. If ToP is in our favor it will likely be because wku is scoring quickly and big plays.

I hope they can pull out a win on the road, but It's stock, on the road, and its western. MT likely a loser and an L in 8 out of 9 games against the Toppers. Somebody ought to lose their job.
Agreed. Our biggest rival and as said, he is 6-9 overall, with one of those losses coming when WKU was technically an FCS independent before jumping up.

Stock is 2-7 vs them since joining CUSA. If WVU played Pitt every year and the coach had that record, I guarantee they'd be gone. Same for Ohio St./Michigan or Alabama/Auburn. Notice I didn't mention a G5 rivalry because there literally is no coach that is at a G5 school long enough to achieve that record.

Also those 9 loses are by an average of 10pts per game.

This game should 100% be part of the contract both with wins as a $ bonus and loses as a shortening of the leash.

What did we do and how is it relatable? That was pre Brohm. He wasn’t even an assistant there yet. IMO you have separate wkcc in the BB and AB eras. Plus they had a much less talented QB then.

We also returned a KO for a TD late to win it. I don’t see the parallels. We don’t even return kicks anymore.

Also, at that time MT had the more talented roster. We shouldn’t have even been in such a tight game with them back then. Just further demonstrates CRS ineptitude.

Jordan Parker ran wild. We ran for 224 yards on 50 attempts. That's how you control an offense like that. You bring the physicality and impose your will on their defense. You say we were the better team but I vividly remember the line being around +5, maybe even higher for us. We were the underdog.

Fast forward to 2023, we have a stable of great RB's and I think Stockstill will want to use them. I am expecting a heavy dose of the ground game mixed with the WR screens, then some throws down the field once they are cheating up. Control the clock, keep that WKU offense on the sidelines. Keep our defense fresh. It's a winnable game as long as they don't get some easy scores early and put us behind the 8 ball.

Agreed. Our biggest rival and as said, he is 6-9 overall, with one of those losses coming when WKU was technically an FCS independent before jumping up.

Stock is 2-7 vs them since joining CUSA. If WVU played Pitt every year and the coach had that record, I guarantee they'd be gone. Same for Ohio St./Michigan or Alabama/Auburn. Notice I didn't mention a G5 rivalry because there literally is no coach that is at a G5 school long enough to achieve that record.

Also those 9 loses are by an average of 10pts per game.

This game should 100% be part of the contract both with wins as a $ bonus and loses as a shortening of the leash.
There is no other school that continues to put up with bullsh*t losses to arch rivals like MT does. There is absolutely no accountability at the university. Worse than any federal bureaucracy and that is saying something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT