ADVERTISEMENT

We're staying

I know football is the main driver of realignment, but the "new" CUSA looks like it could be a very good mid-major basketball league.

2021-22 records:
NMSU 24-6
MTSU 22-9
Liberty 22-11
LTU 21-9
JSU 21-10
WKU 19-12
UTEP 18-12
SHSU 18-13
FIU 15-16

I have always thought we should put more energy into sports where we have an actual chance of winning it all. By that I mean if we win we have a chance unlike in football where we can go undefeated and not be in the top 4.

I agree it will be a competitive league. What worries me is exposure and therefore $. In other words, TV deal. I feel we will take a major money hit in the end.

It does appear the new programs will be bringing some good quality basketball. Arguably, maybe even better than what the conference is losing on the hardwood.

Now if we could lose the conference leadership.

On a more serious note, I'm not really that upset that MT is being left out on the AAC move which seems more oriented towards media market. It bothers me more that MT is missing out on similarly situated & experienced schools that are consolidating geographically. All in all though, these new schools just might bring a little something to the table. Ultimately though, the lack of leadership at the conference level has me more concerned.

Still if MT doesn’t move up to the AAC in a few years if they expnd, it’s going to be a big disappointment for me. I’m content for now, expecting a move up. Honestly if they get passed up again,or can’t move up, I‘m Fairly certain I’m completely done with this program. It’s just too hard to be a fan if they give you nothing in return With this poor admin staff.

I would take an AAC invite but I don’t think it’s that great of a league now. I’d only be excited for ECU, Memphis (likely gone that scenario) and USF. Outside of that it’s meh. Academics would be nice but I really don’t subscribe to being linked with another school improving your perception.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I would take an AAC invite but I don’t think it’s that great of a league now. I’d only be excited for ECU, Memphis (likely gone that scenario) and USF. Outside of that it’s meh. Academics would be nice but I really don’t subscribe to being linked with another school improving your perception.
I dunno man. I've gotten a few job offers from going to a school that is a conference with Rice.

NMSU has a team of men. They are playing very physical with Arkansas and keeping it close despite about as ugly of a box score as you can have. Arkansas looking intimidated, but NMSU will have to hit some shots if they are gonna actually steal this.

ADVERTISEMENT