ADVERTISEMENT

We're staying

3 schools (I said 2 in my tweet..forgot about Liberty) within 500 miles.

How is that going to help? I'm pissed now, but just wait. If we

A) don't get that money
B) don't use it properly...ie McD gone, Stock gone, ground broken on new facilities by spring....

They haven't seen pissed yet. And I know I'm not the only one in that boat.

Anyone else getting more and more pissed off by the minute? It's almost like we make an effort to stay irrelevant. I have tried to stay positive, and stay loyal to my school, but this is too much. I'm done man.
As seen on twitter.....
FD2AxMyWYAkQqeW

I’m fine with this decision. I’d rather have the money now for facility upgrades/coaching than play E/C/W Michigan, Akron, and BGSU for the next 20 years. And it pisses off the WKU fan base, which I’m all for!

"Working with our four remaining members, as well as our new partners, Conference USA is poised to rebrand itself as a premier conference in the Group of 5."

Hold onto your britches y'all. We bout to be premier. LOL. What a moron. LOL. That's the funniest thing I've seen those a$$hats ever put out. LOL.

I’m fine with this decision. I’d rather have the money now for facility upgrades/coaching than play E/C/W Michigan, Akron, and BGSU for the next 20 years. And it pisses off the WKU fan base, which I’m all for!
How long before they build anything? 3 years, 5 or longer. I'm taking bets. $20.00 minimum buy in.

How long before they pull the plug on CRS or CMD? 2 years, 4 or longer. $20.00 minimum buy in on this one too.

Let's go.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Unbe$&;@inglievable. Leave it to these folks in charge to make a bad (IMO) decision then put out a laughable statement about it

BTW we are now even more of a laughingstock amongst college sports fans. There’s pretty much universal derision of this choice that M&M have made by fans everywhere I’m looking. Extremely embarrassing

Wasn't it just a couple weeks ago CM stated we had something like 80% of the funding for our facilities upgrades? If that is the case, how is the construction going? There is no money. We literally can't afford to get out of the worst G5 conference, and no one is held accountable. We put our eggs in 2 baskets. One bolted for Ole Miss, and who can blame him, and the other is a .500 coach with a lifetime contract.

No law school. No name change. No rebranding of any kind. Winning is obviously not a priority. Ya'll can keep buying tickets, merch, etc, but I'm not.

Wasn't it just a couple weeks ago CM stated we had something like 80% of the funding for our facilities upgrades? If that is the case, how is the construction going? There is no money. We literally can't afford to get out of the worst G5 conference, and no one is held accountable. We put our eggs in 2 baskets. One bolted for Ole Miss, and who can blame him, and the other is a .500 coach with a lifetime contract.

No law school. No name change. No rebranding of any kind. Winning is obviously not a priority. Ya'll can keep buying tickets, merch, etc, but I'm not.
Guess we will find out. Regardless, we all knew that a move to the MAC would mean no upgrades or buyouts. To me now its time to put up. This may work out very well with the new additions. The MAC didn’t excite me whatsoever, but I wasn’t prepared to turn in my fandom over it had it gone the other way.

Well, it was nice to have something to be interested about. I'll now go back to cheering on professional soccer and other Alma Maters. At this point, I have no respect for myself for the years I cared.
Yep. Only sport I continue to care about is women’s basketball. I’ll go to whatever games I was already planning for MBB and FB this year but no more

One thing that makes me OK with staying is the MAC trying to make MT stay for 20 years. Not sure how easy or how much has to be paid to get out of those things, but it sounds like a restrictive pain.
Last I saw the guy who talked about the 20 year rumor whittled a few years off that down to 15. Still a bit extreme though.

Reactions: Predarat
Well, it was nice to have something to be interested about. I'll now go back to cheering on professional soccer and other Alma Maters. At this point, I have no respect for myself for the years I cared.
Go NSC, playoff time!

He is flat out lying. Unless he doesn’t consider this board fans and only cares about the blue hair yes men that surround M&M.

I didn’t care one way or another, but this board seemed to be about 80-20 for going to the MAC.
Yes, and everyone I know who's not on the board was strongly in favor of getting out of this crap conference. Granted, not a full sample size, but it's just a lie to say that we all wanted to stay. Give me a damn break

Reactions: SpaceRaider
At least CUSA made three decent adds compared to when Tarleton State was the leader in the club house? No one in the MAC does anything more for me than JSU, NMSU or SHSU does...

Man, how embarrassing. Can you imagine being there with your rival and having to back out because you're broke?

Stewart: Well I've heard all I need to hear. Come on, Chris, let's get out the check books.

Massaro: *Sweating and looking uncomfortable* Ummm, uhhh, I dunno, Todd, I'm looking at those FCS schools coming in and thinking CUSA might be the place to stay. We've had such stability with Judy at the helm.

Stewart: HaHAAA! Chris, you and your jokes. Come on and let's get this done.

Massaro: *still sweating* Ummm......

Stewart: Oh my gosh..... you're not joking. No, you're broke?!? How'd this happen, Chris?

Massaro: Well, Todd, you know that fickle fan base of ours and how stability isn't good enough for them......

Stewart: And that car out front is a rental with MTSU vinyl clings on it, isn't it?

Massaro: Our fleet of 20 year old Ford Tauruses have really been giving us problems lately. We weren't sure they were up for the trip.

Stewart: Chris, I didn't know it had gotten THIS bad down there.

Massaro: Can you pay our way, Todd? No one will have to know. We'll pay you back. You know we're good for it. This can be our ticket back! We'll get some new student fees and have them go directly to you guys!

Stewart: No, Chris.

Massaro: Come on, please?

Stewart: *Gets up and walks out in disgust.*

So yeah. It might end up being the right thing to do, but you know M&M didn't do it on purpose.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT