FIU at Florida Atlantic (Stadium) 2:30 pm
UNLV at UTSA (ESPN+) 5 pm
LA Tech at NC State (ACC Net Extra/ESPN+) 5 pm
Southern Miss at Rice (ESPN3) 5:30 pm
Liberty at UAB (CBSSN) 6 pm
Marshall at Middle Tennessee (Stadium) 6 pm
WKU at Michigan State (TBD) 6:30 pm
Old Dominion at UTEP (ESPN+) 8 pm

Charlotte at Illinois (Big Ten Network) 11 am - Illinois -11.0 - That feels way too high. - CLT to cover

FIU at Florida Atlantic (Stadium) 2:30 pm - FAU -10.5 - Also a lot of points. Risky move - FIU to cover

UNLV at UTSA (ESPN+) 5 pm - UTSA -21.0 - UTSA to cover

LA Tech at NC State (ACC Net Extra/ESPN+) 5 pm - NCST -19.5 - LT to cover

Southern Miss at Rice (ESPN3) 5:30 pm - RICE -2.5 - Rice

Liberty at UAB (CBSSN) 6 pm - UAB -1.5 - This is the toughest one. Liberty

Marshall at Middle Tennessee (Stadium) 6 pm - MRSH -10.0 - MT to cover

WKU at Michigan State (TBD) 6:30 pm - MSU -10.5 - MSU

Old Dominion at UTEP (ESPN+) 8 pm - UTEP -5.5 - UTEP to cover

Old Dominion is quietly getting better each week. This was a team that everyone circled as a W on their schedule before the season started, but don't be surprised to see them to make a run over the second half of the season. This is the conference opener for both ODU and UTEP (must be nice to still have something to play for in Week 5....) so I expect a FG game one way or the other. Love ODU and the points here, I think they win outright actually.

Charlotte @ Illinois - Hope Healy and his team get throttled by 60, but Illinois sucks so I doubt that happens. Can both teams lose?

FIU @ FAU - Too many points in a rivalry. FIU looked good at CMU but somehow gave up 21 4th quarter points to lose the game. Butch Davis sucks. FAU isn't much better though, so give me the points.

UNLV @ UTSA - UNLV shouldn't score. UTSA all the way. Lay the 21

NC State @ La. Tech - La. Tech has played everybody close, NC State coming off a big emotional win. Tough game to gauge. NC State has been known to completely demolish teams @ home and easily cover spreads of 20 points, but will they be motivated enough to do so? I'd stay away here

Southern Miss @ Rice - Coin flip, two bad teams swinging pillows at each other. zzzzzzz

Liberty @ UAB - Hate the line, it looks too easy to take UAB here. Liberty has not looked like the juggernaut of last year, and UAB has been unstoppable outside of the Georgia game. UAB should win by 2 TD's. Looks like bait but give me UAB anyway

Marshall @ MT - Marshall SHOULD win by 14+ but we all know they never play well in the Boro and MT plays this game like it's their SuperBowl. Have no idea which MT team we'll get. Would be very easy to quit now that we are 0-2 in conference with a back up QB playing seasons over. Meaningless game for MT but Marshall needs to win here. I like the Herd -10

WKU @ Mich St - Line's already up to 12 and 13 some places. I think WKU hangs around with the possibility of a back door cover. Mich St. run game will eventually be too much to handle for them.

Old Dominion is quietly getting better each week. This was a team that everyone circled as a W on their schedule before the season started, but don't be surprised to see them to make a run over the second half of the season. This is the conference opener for both ODU and UTEP (must be nice to still have something to play for in Week 5....) so I expect a FG game one way or the other. Love ODU and the points here, I think they win outright actually.

Charlotte @ Illinois - Hope Healy and his team get throttled by 60, but Illinois sucks so I doubt that happens. Can both teams lose?

FIU @ FAU - Too many points in a rivalry. FIU looked good at CMU but somehow gave up 21 4th quarter points to lose the game. Butch Davis sucks. FAU isn't much better though, so give me the points.

UNLV @ UTSA - UNLV shouldn't score. UTSA all the way. Lay the 21

NC State @ La. Tech - La. Tech has played everybody close, NC State coming off a big emotional win. Tough game to gauge. NC State has been known to completely demolish teams @ home and easily cover spreads of 20 points, but will they be motivated enough to do so? I'd stay away here

Southern Miss @ Rice - Coin flip, two bad teams swinging pillows at each other. zzzzzzz

Liberty @ UAB - Hate the line, it looks too easy to take UAB here. Liberty has not looked like the juggernaut of last year, and UAB has been unstoppable outside of the Georgia game. UAB should win by 2 TD's. Looks like bait but give me UAB anyway

Marshall @ MT - Marshall SHOULD win by 14+ but we all know they never play well in the Boro and MT plays this game like it's their SuperBowl. Have no idea which MT team we'll get. Would be very easy to quit now that we are 0-2 in conference with a back up QB playing seasons over. Meaningless game for MT but Marshall needs to win here. I like the Herd -10

WKU @ Mich St - Line's already up to 12 and 13 some places. I think WKU hangs around with the possibility of a back door cover. Mich St. run game will eventually be too much to handle for them.
Good luck Wiley. Hope you win a bunch of money.

Good luck Wiley. Hope you win a bunch of money.

Not sure if I will even bet any of these games to be honest. There's better games on the board (Kent State, Oregon State, Arizona State, Pitt, Texas Tech). Texas Tech is my best bet this weekend. I like Pitt moneyline. Love their QB & coaching staff. Kent State should roll this overrated Bowling Green team coming off an emotional win by 30+. Arizona State is my sleeper Pac12 team (should have beat BYU) and should beat UCLA straight up, and West Virginia is the literal king of playing up and down to their competition. Just bet on WVU when they are an underdog, and bet against them when they're favored by 5ish or more.

Keeping an eye on UAB, ODU, South Alabama, Washington State, Duke, Minnesota, Coastal Carolina.

Keeping tabs on the MT & Marshall game but the match ups worry me here for the Blue Raiders. Marshall has given up a lot of points/yards this season but their front 7 is strong. ECU & App State were both able to run the ball on Marshall but I really doubt we will be able to we are not half the team that they are. Maybe some trickery/misdirection stuff or Chase running the ball but we ain't gonna line up and beat them down hill. And so I worry Marshall will force MT to be one dimensional, which isn't the end of the world because Chase can really throw it, but it's hard to win games that way. And I was really high on our defense but after the Charlotte game I don't know what to think. Our senior captains and team leaders are not playing well on that side of the ball which is unacceptable and will lose you games. 10 points is a lot though especially given the history of the games in the Boro this game could easily be a 1 score game or you could get a garbage TD at the end to cover. I'll probably just stay away. Been betting for 20 years and one thing I have learned is you will lose money betting on bad teams, period. And MT is a bad team.

CLT answers with a beautiful TD pass. 14-10 CLT. Less than a minute til halftime.

Well, I finished pretty decent this week in conference play. 7-2.

Charlotte at Illinois (Big Ten Network) 11 am - Illinois -11.0 - CLT to cover - CLT covered - W

FIU at Florida Atlantic (Stadium) 2:30 pm - FAU -10.5 - FIU to cover - L :-(

UNLV at UTSA (ESPN+) 5 pm - UTSA -21.0 - UTSA to cover - L :-(

LA Tech at NC State (ACC Net Extra/ESPN+) 5 pm - NCST -19.5 - LT to cover - LT did what they do. - W

Southern Miss at Rice (ESPN3) 5:30 pm - RICE -2.5 - Rice - Rice-a-roni covered - W

Liberty at UAB (CBSSN) 6 pm - UAB -1.5 - This is the toughest one. Liberty - LIBERTY Killed em - W

Marshall at Middle Tennessee (Stadium) 6 pm - MRSH -10.0 - MT to cover -
YEAH WE DID - W

WKU at Michigan State (TBD) 6:30 pm - MSU -10.5 - MSU - Freaking Western closed the gap but MSU got it done. - W

Old Dominion at UTEP (ESPN+) 8 pm - UTEP -5.5 - UTEP to cover - Great game! - W

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
meanwhile former Blue Raider QB Chance Nolan leads OSU to 27-24 win over washington for first ever sole possession of PAC 12 lead

There are a lot of bad teams in CUSA this year.

We could easily end up 6-6 and guarantee another Stock season simply because we play 4 bad teams, a FCS team, and a Marshall team that couldn’t hold onto the ball.
I think road losses at Liberty, WKU and FAU are a given. FIU is a tossup. UConn, ODU, and So. Miss prolly give Stock another season right in the middle with yet again no CUSA Title. It’s what we do.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
There are a lot of bad teams in CUSA this year.

We could easily end up 6-6 and guarantee another Stock season simply because we play 4 bad teams, a FCS team, and a Marshall team that couldn’t hold onto the ball.

This is exactly what's going to happen. Groundhog day.

ADVERTISEMENT