Notre Dame 35
Duke: 24

Clemson @ Wake Forest

Clemson: 49
Wake: 20

Syracuse @ UNC

UNC: 45
Cuse: 20

ULM going into Army will get buzzsawed. Army has been practicing since June and it showed last week. ULM has the advantage of game film but Army has the players, scheme and their conditioning is at a high level right now. The BYU v. Army matchup next week is gonna be a slobber knocker. If Army wins that one, they could run the table on their schedule. The same goes for BYU if they win.

Charlotte’s offense looked so creative on their first TD drive. Smart play calling with a lot of motion. Night and day difference b/t them and us for game one.

It was no accident or upset that Charlotte beat MT last year. Watching both of these SunBelt squads makes me envious and angry. In 2009 I really thought MT had turned the D-1 corner and were on their way. That NOLA Bowl win was the kiss of death to mediocrity and playing to just be “Bowl Eligible.” In fact, you could stack the Tommy West bowl record side by side with Stock’s and it is almost identical since they had their signature bowl wins in NOLA.

The only difference is Memphis fans, power boosters and admins had enough and pulled the trigger after 9 seasons. MT is still slugging along in season 15. Honestly, I just don’t get it. Absolute insanity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT