ADVERTISEMENT

Weather Channel Founder: Climate Change is a Myth

bigbadjohn45

All American
Jul 9, 2010
Weather Channel Founder: Climate Change is a Myth October 28, 2014

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: One of my all-time favorite TV weather people is John Coleman. John Coleman founded the Weather Channel. John Coleman was the best weatherman Good Morning America has ever had. I remember when I first heard of John Coleman, it was a winter in which Chicago had a week's worth or 10 days' worth of blizzards, and this would have been back in the seventies. John Coleman didn't go home, and by day five he looked like he was asleep on that show doing the weather. It was a yeoman job.

They cut away to Chicago when it was time to do the weather. He was entertaining. He was credible. He's in retirement for the most part now, but he's the Weather Channel founder and he's out saying this global warming is a myth. It's not just a hoax, it's a lie. I've had it in the Stack since last week and I haven't gotten to it because been there, done that. And I didn't have any audio of him saying it, but we do now. He was on with Megyn Kelly last night on the Fox News Channel. And she said, "Man-made global climate change is a myth? How can you say that?"

FoxWeatherChannelJohnColeman.jpg
COLEMAN: You know, a climate skeptic can rarely get on TV ever since Al Gore made it a plank of the Democratic Party. And I've been in the TV news organizations now for 60 years, and I only met two Republicans the whole time, and they were both hiding in the closet. It's a tough go for people who don't believe in climate change. It's very difficult for anybody to be against it because the media has told the nation over and over again day after day for 20 years that the oceans are rising, the polar bears are dying, the ice is melting, that storms are going to sweep the earth and that we're all gonna die of a heat wave.

RUSH: Right. So Megyn Kelly said, "Well, let's get specific, because you talk about how the effort to prove the theory that carbon dioxide's a significant greenhouse gas that's causing significant warming has failed, and yet the data say that carbon dioxide was proven to be a greenhouse gas in a 1957 paper by Roger Revelle. The EPA says it's a greenhouse gas. The scientific community has accepted that it's a greenhouse gas, and that the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has gone up since 1958.

COLEMAN: Well, there are 9,000 PhDs and 31 scientists who have signed a petition saying it is not a significant greenhouse gas. Oh, it's a teeny, itsy-bitsy greenhouse gas. But it's not in any way significant, and we are sure of it. It's not like something I made up or just thought of. I've studied and studied and studied. And Roger Revelle, the great scientist who wrote that paperback in 1957 with Hans Suess, changed his mind a decade later and said, "Wait a minute. I think we were wrong. Don't anybody panic. I don't think there's any global warming," and that's when Al Gore said he was senile.

RUSH: Right. Senile, right. Now, I just saw a story the other day. I saw two stories. Arctic ice is at a record level for this time of year. There's more Arctic ice than anybody ever predicted. There was a second story a couple days later that said the melting Arctic ice portends a disastrous winter. Melting? There isn't any melting. If it were melting it would be because of warming, and that's going to give us a calamitous winter? This is the kind of illogic these people have been reduced to.

One more from John Coleman, who concluded with this...

COLEMAN: Well, I would like to announce tonight to people who are friends of Algore's that, whoops! He got that one wrong. The Antarctic ice cap is at an all-time record high in both coverage and thickness, and the Arctic ice cap at the North Pole is at the highest it has been in several years. It's in its so-called normal range since we got satellite observations that could measure it. So not only is the ice not melting, more polar bears are alive and happy today than we've had in a hundred years! Life is good, Miss Kelly. I gotta tell you, life is good.

RUSH: That's John Coleman, the founder of the Weather Channel. He no longer has anything to do with it. Maybe he has an emeritus name on a masthead or something but he was a former weatherman with Good Morning America. But the story I had last week... I may still have it in the Stack over here. He had some devastating quotes just nuking these people who are perpetuating this myth, this hoax.

END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

Bloomberg: Arctic Ice Melt Seen Doubling Risk of Harsh Winter in EU

Well, there are 9,000 PhDs and 31 scientists who have signed a petition saying it is not a significant greenhouse gas. Oh, it's a teeny, itsy-bitsy greenhouse gas.

What does he think a PhD is?

ADVERTISEMENT