ADVERTISEMENT

We just made ESPN’S C’Mon Man

Sommy

All Conference
Aug 2, 2001
Our kicking debacle made the final cut to be on the MNF pre game. We are so Middle.

Great job! E,harassing, but at least a little humor in that everyone is laughing at us.

“MTSU - No math majors?”

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Sometimes the truth hurts, JT.

#C.O.U.N.T.

Yeah, it's the truth. It sucks, and it will likely forever be a real lowlight in MT football history. Still, ESPN could still suck.

To me, the real question is do you just show up around here to delight in the pain of others, throw some salt in the wounds? I'm just not really recalling you showing up and posting at other times.

Yeah, it's the truth. It sucks, and it will likely forever be a real lowlight in MT football history. Still, ESPN could still suck.

To me, the real question is do you just show up around here to delight in the pain of others, throw some salt in the wounds? I'm just not really recalling you showing up and posting at other times.
I actually used to suffer over tough losses for about 9 years after becoming a MT grad. That is, until the realization that there were no financial consequences for those who were causing most of the pain. Mediocre results rewarded with bowl trips to The Bahamas and Hawaii. The BRAA Director hired after Farley tweeting his fine dining experiences with the coaches wives at said Bowl trips and our AD tweeting about his Hawaiian Beach office. The Bowling Green first half Beatdown and finally, the idiotic contract made me realize my support was helping to prop up a losing entity. The numbers released by Massaro are misleading. You can be untruthful by Omission just as easily as by COmmission. I have knowledge this is true because of someone who was in a position to know. I want MT to do well but it will never happen without a total housecleaning.

Some of you may not like what I have to say but many other MT alums on here do the same. Yet, I get the personal attacks because of my affiliations with two other institutions of higher learning. I put in 18 straight months of evening and weekend classroom time while working full time and actually obtained a graduate degree from MT. After graduating I actually donated money and became involved unlike a HUGE segment of the MT alumni base.

That said, I may still show up at Vandy tomorrow night and cheer for the MT basketball team.

Last edited:
I guess that answered the question. Seriously, you seemed to state your overall attitude on the present reality without talking trash. Perhaps I've misunderstood some of comments over time. Whatever the case, I pretty much agree with most of what you have to say in the above post. I've been thinking a change is needed at HC for a couple of years now. Over the last year or so, I've started to arrive at the conclusion that perhaps AD Massaro is no longer the best fit for MT athletics. As I've stated repeatedly, both coach stock and AD Massaro seem like good and decent folk. I think it is time for some change in leadership that could return some energy and excitement back into MT football.

Glad they did not know Stock was the CUSA Coach Of The Year at that time, MT would have really got the business. I know the blame is probably an assistant but ESPN would have used that to pile on for sure.

Glad they did not know Stock was the CUSA Coach Of The Year at that time, MT would have really got the business. I know the blame is probably an assistant but ESPN would have used that to pile on for sure.
Stock is a nice guy. So is Massaro. But being nice guys does nothing towards getting people to buy tickets and show up for football games. I defended Stock for years when sWiley would get on a rant. But getting blown out or pissing away games in OT to WKU, losing to UAB after their program was completely dormant for two years and such is what made me turn away. Even when we lost some close ones at home to Ga Tech, Virginia, BYU and Miss. St., playing those schools at home actually had fan appeal. Now we are reduced to playing P5 welfare check road games at Bama, Georgia, Michigan and Iowa just to try to make ends meet. I have no desire to watch us play ODU, Charlotte and FCS schools at home. It is what it is.

I’m not paid to run it or fix it. But they will have to earn me back as a season ticket holder and what is going on out there now ain’t it.

Stock is a nice guy. So is Massaro. But being nice guys does nothing towards getting people to buy tickets and show up for football games. I defended Stock for years when sWiley would get on a rant. But getting blown out or pissing away games in OT to WKU, losing to UAB after their program was completely dormant for two years and such is what made me turn away. Even when we lost some close ones at home to Ga Tech, Virginia, BYU and Miss. St., playing those schools at home actually had fan appeal. Now we are reduced to playing P5 welfare check road games at Bama, Georgia, Michigan and Iowa just to try to make ends meet. I have no desire to watch us play ODU, Charlotte and FCS schools at home. It is what it is.

I’m not paid to run it or fix it. But they will have to earn me back as a season ticket holder and what is going on out there now ain’t it.

I would rather see us play Tennessee St, Tech, ETSU or Chattanooga than anybody in our conference other than WKU or Marshall.

We only had close losses to Vandy and Virginia. We also beat UAB the week before we had to play them again. We can't help what conference we are in. The attendance issue is a never ending conversation. BTW, we never got more than 23k for the BYU or Miss St. games. Barely got 25k for Vandy and UVA games. The most we had was for Ga Tech in 2011. We aren't in a P5 conference so it is what it is.

You're a Memphis fan. They are a G5 team. You show up to watch them play Tulane. It's a dumb argument. If you are a real fan, you show up. If you're not, you don't. Bottom line. Massaro has not taken stances against scheduling games vs. SEC schedules nor has he spoken out against Judy and her stupid boycott of playing on weeknights to get on ESPN. This is a leadership issue and we can't change it so I show up.

We only had close losses to Vandy and Virginia. We also beat UAB the week before we had to play them again. We can't help what conference we are in. The attendance issue is a never ending conversation. BTW, we never got more than 23k for the BYU or Miss St. games. Barely got 25k for Vandy and UVA games. The most we had was for Ga Tech in 2011. We aren't in a P5 conference so it is what it is.

You're a Memphis fan. They are a G5 team. You show up to watch them play Tulane. It's a dumb argument. If you are a real fan, you show up. If you're not, you don't. Bottom line. Massaro has not taken stances against scheduling games vs. SEC schedules nor has he spoken out against Judy and her stupid boycott of playing on weeknights to get on ESPN. This is a leadership issue and we can't change it so I show up.

Using your logic, then there must not be many “real” MT fans because I know a several that I used to attend games with that don’t show up anymore.

I couldn't care less. I'm there. I don't get worked up about crap I can't control. I get down there. If others don't, tough crap. However, if you come on here and bark about attendance and don't go to the games when you live here then shut your pie hole. You're part of the problem. Cubs fans didn't do this crap and their team sucked for decades and decades. We win games and people b!tch. Either go or don't go but enough with the pretentious B.S. and the condescending attitude towards the people who do show up. You're like a vulture who only shows up when we lose. When we win, you're nowhere to be found.

You support Memphis and most of the teams on their schedule are cupcakes. You forget to comment on that though. So lame.

I couldn't care less. I'm there. I don't get worked up about crap I can't control. I get down there. If others don't, tough crap. However, if you come on here and bark about attendance and don't go to the games when you live here then shut your pie hole. You're part of the problem. Cubs fans didn't do this crap and their team sucked for decades and decades. We win games and people b!tch. Either go or don't go but enough with the pretentious B.S. and the condescending attitude towards the people who do show up. You're like a vulture who only shows up when we lose. When we win, you're nowhere to be found.

You support Memphis and most of the teams on their schedule are cupcakes. You forget to comment on that though. So lame.

:eek:

I would never tell a fellow Blue Raider to “shut their pie hole.”

Last edited:
If we finish the year with a loss against Appalachian state then this year will be somewhat of a disappointment that is borderline dumpster. Would finish 8-6 at two games over .500 with only two wins against teams with a winning record. It’s hilarious.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT