ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Way too early 2020 over/under projection

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
What would you set the over/under at for wins in 2020?

@ Duke
Indiana State
VT
@ODU
WKU
@FIU
NT
@ Rice
Charlotte
@Marshall
@ Uconn
FAU

@ Duke L
Indiana State W
VT L
@ODU W
WKU W
@FIU W
NT W
@ Rice W
Charlotte W
@Marshall L
@ Uconn W
FAU L

8-4, wouldnt be too bad. The things I would do for a VT victory in Floyd...

@ Duke L
Indiana State W
VT L
@ODU W
WKU L
@FIU W
NT W
@ Rice W
Charlotte W
@Marshall W
@ Uconn W
FAU W

@ Duke L
Indiana State W
VT L
@ODU W
WKU L
@FIU L
NT L
@ Rice W
Charlotte L
@Marshall L
@ Uconn W
FAU L

There's no reason to think we're getting better so I'm thinking 4-8, but maybe we can pick up another win somewhere. My over/under is 4.5.

More experienced QB and should be upgraded at the RB position. I also think we did well at LB position with this class. All depends on O-line and D-line.

My forecast for 2020 MT Football

@ Duke L: 20-34 (we give it the college try!)
Indiana State W: 49-17 (we have problems if this one goes to overtime).
VT L: 16-38
@ODU W: 28-24 (a deceptively close win).
WKU L: 30-41 (we competed!)
@FIU L: 28-34
NT W: 24-19 (breathes a bit of hope into season.)
@ Rice W: 42-21
Charlotte W: 30-21
@Marshall L: 14-30 (ruins our faint championship hope).
@ Uconn W: 37-17
FAU L: 20-35 (still a superior team).

6-6 and bowl eligible (just barely). Four conference losses and out of serious title contention by late October. The NT win may be a teaser, but a Marshall road loss will wipe out any chance we have at a title.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Working barely 30min from Blacksburg, I've had tons of people talk to me about the game since VT announced their schedule. Customers know I bleed blue so at this point, I don't care if we go 1-11. As long as that win is Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.

That being said, I predict 6-6.

Losses of
Duke
WKU
Rice
Charlotte
Marshall
FAU

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Working barely 30min from Blacksburg, I've had tons of people talk to me about the game since VT announced their schedule. Customers know I bleed blue so at this point, I don't care if we go 1-11. As long as that win is Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.

That being said, I predict 6-6.

Losses of
Duke
WKU
Rice
Charlotte
Marshall
FAU
So a W against VT?

What would you set the over/under at for wins in 2020?

@ Duke - L
Indiana State - W
VT - L
@ODU - W
WKU - W
@FIU - L
NT - W
@ Rice - W (Better be a win......)
Charlotte - W
@Marshall - L
@ Uconn - W
FAU - W

Looks like 7-5 in a vacuum, but I'm predicting a 6-6 finish.......The FAU game is a real toss up, and we'll probably split Rice/Charlotte.

VT is beatable but I'm not a fan of hosting ACC teams as their refs always come into Floyd and give clear bias towards the ACC teams.

Well, Stock is 2-1 vs. Fuente as a HC when he was at Memphis. Beat him once in the The Boro and once in Memphis.

So I guess anything can happen in Murfreesboro.

Last edited:
I think so. VT is in major rebuild mode on defense with replacing Bud Foster, had 12 players transfer out since end of season (5 in one day), and I think now is time to strike.
Fuente tried to bail out of Blacksburg for Baylor but pulled his name from consideration a day before they announced their choice when he learned he wasn’t getting the job.

He finished last season with losses to hated rival Virginia and then to Kentucky in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte. Throw in a horrible 45 point blow out by Duke in Blacksburg and the folks still ain’t happy with him.

Last edited:
If we can beat them in the Boro he might get fired the next day

If we can beat them in the Boro he might get fired the next day

LOL!!! “Freidgened”. He’s the Rutgers Special Assistant version of Tommy West.

getcontent7.jpg

Reactions: MTTim
Fuente tried to bail out of Blacksburg for Baylor but pulled his name from consideration a day before they announced their choice when he learned he wasn’t getting the job.

He finished last season with losses to hated rival Virginia and then to Kentucky in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte. Throw in a horrible 45 point blow out by Duke in Blacksburg and the folks still ain’t happy with him.

Gimme.

ADVERTISEMENT