ADVERTISEMENT

Walter Brady transferring out as grad transfer

MT Blue

All Conference
Jan 23, 2006
Just saw the tweet that Walter Brady has asked for and granted release for grad transfer...

That sucks. Does anyone think that the grad transfer rule will lead to less redshirting of players? When you redshirt a player now you are running the risk that he will leave his senior year when, in theory, he would be his most valuable. You essentially waste a spot on the team the year you redshirt him so someone else can reap the benefits his final season.

He was banged up during much of his JR year so not sure how much we are losing. I bet others were coming for his playing time and probably felt like a fresh start was needed for his NFL hopes.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
He was hurt about every other game. I guess he feels he can do better elsewhere. Good luck to him. Hope he doesn't go to an opponent.

Feels like he never wanted to be here to begin with......

Why would he transfer when he's a starting DE here with 1 year left to play?

Makes zero sense.

He wanted to be catered to and coddled instead of being pushed and expected to work. That's what I've heard. He was a drama queen and complained more than he worked. Even Mizzou's coaches said the production he gave wasn't worth all the drama that came with him. He thought it would be a cake walk here. Well, it wasn't.

My guess is that the new S&C coach came in with the summer workout agenda and Brady said no way because it was more than he wanted to do. He was probably also told that if he didn't do it, his spot was in jeopardy. He gave up and quit. It's not a big loss for us.

Good luck to him. Life will teach him what he failed to learn here.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
No big loss. We have others that will more than fill the role.

Absolutely, 3 2 star athletes that really want to play, do the work and have good attitudes is far better than 1 4-5 star athlete that doesn't.

don't fool yourself, this is a big loss at this point in the game. The staff was already searching for a Dlinemen so now this makes 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: C-Bow
i guess they wanted him, why not just kick him off if he doing so much wrong? i don't buy it

He didn't play half the season last year. We did replace him. He didn't play in the bowl game and we won it. We'll be fine.

The Mizzou staff told Spray that the production wasn't worth the drama. If his attitude was good, they would have kept him with a suspension but they offloaded him because of the mess he was. We took him to offer him another chance despite the warning. Since he's been here, he's complained about the work load and has had a bad attitude. He's picked fights with folks as well. I've been told this from a couple of players and such.

The new S&C coach came in and hit him with a whole new workload and he wanted out after being given a choice. You can only do so much to keep someone but if he stayed, it would have been worse.

He wanted to be treated special and didn't get what he wanted. He's young and has a lot to learn about life.

Attitude, team cancer, always hurt even so - it's not easy to replace a senior 9 game starter who's played SEC football and contributed quite a bit here.

If the dude's just a bad guy and needed to go, so be it.

Not impossible to replace, but not exactly easy either.

Difficult to replace regardless of the situation. Sounds like a change that may have needed to be made. Finding a high level end pass rusher who has excellent size and strength is hard to find especially on short notice.

Sure it's nice to have a 4-star Freshman All-American returning Sr on your team. Not sure they are worth it if they are wrecking team cohesiveness.

I'm sure he thought he would get multiple P5 offers.

Then reality set in.

Akron has had a decent team as of late. I'll be interested to see how he does there.

We are better off without him. Trust me. I've talked with people that played with him. His attitude and work ethic is his own worst enemy. He could be so much more (like an NFL 1st rounder) if he would just improve in those areas. However, that stems from a lifetime of bad habits and is very hard to change. I wish him luck but we are better without unnecessary distractions and negative behavior.

On paper, he looks amazing. In reality, not so much when you see all of the other baggage that comes with him. Spray and others were warned by Mizzou coaches when he came here. He had his shot and didn't do the work or improve his attitude. The new S&C guy came in and had even less tolerance for his crap so Brady took off.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT