ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Villanova

Virginia first last year and Nova first this year. The basketball gods must hate us right now.

Last edited:
It may be random, but it could also be seeded. I do not think they would seed us below Tulane who went 4-27 (0-18) or CCU who went 17-17 (9-9) last year.

Between this tournament and Bahamas last year, I can't help but think how much we coulda used these tourneys kermits last 3 years. Hate to kick a dead horse.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Love the field. Can't wait to watch this. I've really come to love CBB over the last 2 years. Maybe even more than college football. Maybe

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I think the bracket is probably mostly random except for the fact that it’s designed to get the 4 P5 schools into the semifinals. Who they beat to get there doesn’t really matter.

I think the bracket is probably mostly random except for the fact that it’s designed to get the 4 P5 schools into the semifinals. Who they beat to get there doesn’t really matter.

Indeed. I don't think it's a coincidence none of them face each other in the first round

I like the challenge and I hope the players do too. Have confidence.

Plenty of confidence, but it's disheartening to see the Power 5's constantly trying to keep the "little man down"

I wish this was a Facebook broadcast so I could ask the announcers to comment on the fact that no power 5's play each other in the first round.........

I know it's unlikely, but I hope one of the G5 schools wins the tournament. Us beating Villanova in the first round sounds good....

I would love to go to this tournament but I don't understand why Sat is open causing an additional night in the area. (probably dictated from ESPN wanting other programming on Sat.) Also, parking will be a huge hassle for this handicapped tag holder since this is a downtown venue in Charleston (TD Arena - home to College of Charleston) with no adjacent parking.

Marked it off of my list once I did a little research.

I would love to go to this tournament but I don't understand why Sat is open causing an additional night in the area. (probably dictated from ESPN wanting other programming on Sat.) Also, parking will be a huge hassle for this handicapped tag holder since this is a downtown venue in Charleston (TD Arena - home to College of Charleston) with no adjacent parking.

Marked it off of my list once I did a little research.
I might respectfully suggest you do a little more research before deciding NOT to go. The tournament is called the Myrtle Beach Invitational, the venue is in a MB suburb called Conway. Have to guess it’s on the campus of Coastal Carolina U. Being as it’s likely being played at a state owned facility, should be ample handicapped parking available.

I might respectfully suggest you do a little more research before deciding NOT to go. The tournament is called the Myrtle Beach Invitational, the venue is in a MB suburb called Conway. Have to guess it’s on the campus of Coastal Carolina U. Being as it’s likely being played at a state owned facility, should be ample handicapped parking available.

You are correct according to the Myrtle Beach Invitational site which I would swear yesterday said the tournament was in Charleston. Just guessing but could it be that since this is an ESPN event someone at ESPN confused Coastal Carolina with College of Charleston giving TD Arena instead of HTC Center. I naturally wondered since Charleston is 2 hours away from Myrtle Beach.
Thanks, I'll be looking at accommodations in Conway - a cursory look shows very favorable rates at that time.

ADVERTISEMENT