ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Very thankful to be 7-3.

Kentucky gonna be MAD when we play them.....we just need to get that game over with in my opinion.

Maybe the fact they have lost 2 in row in SEC will give them a lack of confidence....:)

I hope its a 11AM kick off and our boys are home for dinner.

Outside of the FIU loss it has been a great season. Seems we’ve been more creative on offense and our D has played well. D coordinator has been fantastic. I am afraid our poor recruiting will finally catch up next year on both lines and kicking game today was bad. Overall at this point I’d give us a B+.

More creative on offense? Lol. I think you posted on the wrong school message board.

It is an 11 am kick. ESPN already slotted it earlier this week. Will be on one of the ESPN channels.

Best way to get a game over with is to just compete in it, I hope we dominate them and rip their f ing heads off! But that’s just me.

Nobody gets hurt . Smh...

Reactions: C-Bow
I all for just taking care of our business to the best of our ability and letting the rest work itself out.
D-winns

Reactions: SpaceRaider
More creative on offense? Lol. I think you posted on the wrong school message board.

Actually, we have been pretty creative as the season has moved along...
- Flipping Casey and Lee to get Lee more touches
- Thomas playing out wide at WR
- Getting Zack Dobson involved and seeing his role increase the last 3-4 games
- Using big #85 in the back field and helping with the blocking
- Having our Oline pull more on running plays, I've never seen this in the last several years
- While we haven't run it well for the season, we have had different RBs have individual big games

So I'd say compared to the first 3 games we have changed things up some.

Kentucky gonna be MAD when we play them.....we just need to get that game over with in my opinion.

They may be mentally broken as well. They were whipped in their biggest game in decades at home and followed that by being beat down by UTK extending their steak in Neyland to 17... in a year they knew they were going to break that streak and win 10 games.

If we can jump out early, we may have something for them.

I do agree- game really doesn’t matter though. If they are focused & we fall behind early, pull starters.

Last edited:
Ive cleared my calendar for Dec 1st. These next couple of weeks will either show us meaningful steps forward, or that were the same old Middle.

UK isnt near as scary as it was a few weeks ago.They cant pass the ball for anything. If we can turn the game into a shootout, we could win. They also dont appear to all be on the same page - teams like this either rally or quit. Lets hope its the latter. Theyre going to try and grind with Snell and a big OL thats pretty good.

So, UAB kills off their program completely and two years later is ranked in the Top 25. Here we are after 20 years in D1 and have never sniffed a ranking. Depressing.

Reactions: Predarat
Wait till they run us off our own field with our ex qb.

very possible. I still find it funny he supposedly wasn't even good enough to be a back up here. We never had him above 3rd string.

Regardless, Erdely is not having a great year this year compared to last (16 TD's last year with only 4 INT's).....but UAB has still been able to get it done with that defense and running game.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Two ranked opponents to end the season... time to get it together and finally do what we haven’t been able to do!

Reactions: Raiderclyde
Can someone breakdown what has to happen for us to get to the conference championship?

The other outside possibility is if MT loses, FIU loses both games and Marshall wins out - 3 way tie at 6-2, MT goes.

Can someone breakdown what has to happen for us to get to the conference championship?

3 ways we win the East.

1.we beat UAB and FIU loses to Charlotte or Marshall.

2. We lose to UAB and FIU loses to Marshall and Charlotte.

3. We lose to UAB, FIU beats Charlotte, and Marshall beats FIU & UTSA.

We host the championship in #1, we go to B’ham in the others.

Well it looks like our showdown on the 24th with UAB will be overshadowed by the UT/Vandy game in Nashville. UT will be playing for a bowl appearance. That game is at 3:00 and our game is at 2:00. SMH. Why do we schedule like this? We try to go head to head with the SEC and then we wonder why no one shows up? If I'm the AD, I'm looking at local competition and avoiding their game times as much as I can. If it's an ESPN+ game, it doesn't matter when we play. It could be a Stadium game.

It doesn't matter to me. I'll be there. Rain or shine. That time pretty much guarantees others won't be there though.

Well it looks like our showdown on the 24th with UAB will be overshadowed by the UT/Vandy game in Nashville. UT will be playing for a bowl appearance. That game is at 3:00 and our game is at 2:00. SMH. Why do we schedule like this? We try to go head to head with the SEC and then we wonder why no one shows up? If I'm the AD, I'm looking at local competition and avoiding their game times as much as I can. If it's an ESPN+ game, it doesn't matter when we play. It could be a Stadium game.

It doesn't matter to me. I'll be there. Rain or shine. That time pretty much guarantees others won't be there though.
If I remember right Boots seemed to get that, but sometimes it meant a prime heat kickoff in late summer games and cold night games in late November, but he tried to schedule away from TheVols.

Yup, he sure did. There were things he didn't understand as an AD that got us into hot water but when it came to core strategy and positioning, he totally got it.

JT, I think its more that our times are scheduled well in advance and the SEC sets most of their gametimes on a week by week basis.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I don’t think it matters. College football attendance is just not what it used to be. Would it help to not schedule during showdowns like that? Sure.

It's interesting that as we sit this late in November, this season still can go a few different ways...

11-3, Conference Champions, With wins over two Ranked Opponents (UAB would have to beat TAMU), Bowl Win
7-7, Lose to UK, lose to UAB but still make championship game, lose to UAB again, Bowl loss

Yes, I am thankful to be 7-3 with, this late in the season, so much to still play for.

That said; I would be exponentially more thankful had we played much better in the first game of the season (or had split the recent 4 game series with the team on West End). Adding to this frustration is the implication from the HC that he treated the first three non-conference games as exhibition contests.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record IMHO how we did in the recently completed series with VU has a great deal to do with how we are perceived outside of our small hard-core fan base and is a huge factor in attendance woes.

It's interesting that as we sit this late in November, this season still can go a few different ways...

11-3, Conference Champions, With wins over two Ranked Opponents (UAB would have to beat TAMU), Bowl Win
7-7, Lose to UK, lose to UAB but still make championship game, lose to UAB again, Bowl loss

My gut tells me we finish 7-5, and loss to an AAC team in the Gasparilla Bowl.

Hoping for different, but that would be a typical, MT yr.

If I remember right Boots seemed to get that, but sometimes it meant a prime heat kickoff in late summer games and cold night games in late November, but he tried to schedule away from TheVols.
How many Vol or Does fans come to our games anyway. I don't think it has as much impact as people think. If the game on west end was not happening the same day I bet it wouldn't amount to 30 additional MT fans showing up.

How many Vol or Does fans come to our games anyway. I don't think it has as much impact as people think. If the game on west end was not happening the same day I bet it wouldn't amount to 30 additional MT fans showing up.

I agree with you. The problem with MT alumni/ students isn’t the number that would go to UT or Vandy game over MT. The problem is the number who would go to a UT/Vandy or no game at all. Meaning they just don’t come to MT games no matter what.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT