sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012

Tue, Nov 01, 2022 EST​

ROTMIDDLE TENNESSEE - 2022-2023 NCAAF REGULAR SEASON WINSMONEYLINE
3424Over 5½ Wins-105
3425Under 5½ Wins-125

25 cent juice on the UNDER so there's a strong lean on MT winning 5 or less games this year

Wish I could meaningfully disagree but 5 wins is probably about right.

In order for MT to have a season we can all be proud of (7+ wins and in contention for CUSA title game) we will need multiple upsets this season. I've said it several times but I'll say it again, I believe we will know what we are getting with this team after the first two games.

If we start 0-2 then it'll be clear to me this team doesn't have the skill or coaching to be considered an FBS team with a pulse. It'll just be another pathetic year where we struggle to keep head above water late into November.

Start 1-1, come home beat TSU, then travel down to Miami 2-1 and play respectably and then we might have a chance.

Right what I've said. 6-6 is THE CAP for this year. I could see 4-8 easily but no way we hit 7 wins. I really really hope I'm wrong.

If they only win 5 games, there HAS to be a change at head coach. Retirement or pushed out I don't care. And if not, I'm pretty sure I'll take a long look at checking out completely.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Somewhere between 4 wins to 7 wins seems to be a common expectation which is about normal for most any coach stock seasons.

It has gotten to the point where it is hard to even care anymore. Why should I care when leadership from top to bottom doesn't seem to care. Somewhere between 4 and 7 wins seems to have become acceptable.

At this point, I'm more interested in watching other teams I like that at least seem to give a rip about succeeding this fall vs just competing. Before throwing me under the bus for lack of loyalty and not being true blue etc etc, I would much rather have even some level of confidence, excitement, and expectations that my preferred favorite team at least had some modicum of self respect and standards to at least strive to be the best. Then maybe, maybe, I could start to regain some confidence, expectation, and excitement that the upcoming season might just hold real success or dare I even say a special season with a conference championship.

No one is gonna throw you under the bus duke. Unless someone is just checkout completely, no sane person would be ok with this. In no way are these standards acceptable.

The staff needs to feel heat. They don’t though.

It might be worth it to attend games just to wear bags over my head…or present a clever sign facing the press box side. “Time to go Rick”

No one is gonna throw you under the bus duke. Unless someone is just checkout completely, no sane person would be ok with this. In no way are these standards acceptable.

It might be worth it to attend games just to wear bags over my head…or present a clever sign facing the press box side. “Time to go Rick”
I could support this. At least you’d still be funding the facilities. It would be funny to see lol.

I don’t want to offend student athletes. But somehow, if things go south….there has to be a way to convey something.

Honestly, that might be a great idea.

Perhaps we can all meet up for one of those meaningless November games, unfurl a large banner or something.

There's got to be a way to apply some pressure from the fan base.

That's the hard part with all this. This isn't the NFL (or Ohio State) where players make millions. They chose to come to OUR school. Be it due to coaches, facilities, great campus, degree options, city location, etc.

We always want them to win. Always. We will never root against the players. We just want the head ball coach to move on. Or at the very minimum for the AD to say "we don't support where we are and are demanding better" and put CRS on the hot seat at the very least.

There has to be a way to show the AD we mean business but still support the players.

In a perfect way the players would win every game and the coach would lose. But that's not how this works.

I don’t want to offend student athletes. But somehow, if things go south….there has to be a way to convey something.
Stock has put several of his former Blue Raiders in line to be hurt and offended if things do go south and fans call for his removal which would make them collateral damage. I have no problem with sending Polly, West, Mallory and Brock out with him. Lord knows these buddies of Stock’s have been given ample time to win a conference title instead of just another meaningless bowl champion tarp. Not to mention the losing seasons.

You hate to see 6 former players on this staff…...Brent Stockstill, Kenneth Gilstrap, Shane Tucker, Marquice Shakir, I’tavious Mathers and Blake Catlett get caught up in a situation this season where change is demanded from the top down and a complete house cleaning would be necessary.

This staff is so loaded with Stockstill coaching tree limbs that he cannot be objective. Simmons, Nix, Franklin, Ellis and Dearmon made cutting them loose easy for him.

The folks in Knoxville are still sporting checkerboard NC license plates almost 25 years later but they haven’t recovered from Fulmer, Chavous and Sanders overstaying their welcome. And Coach Majors, may he Rest In Peace, carried a very public grudge with Fulmer until the day he passed away.

After 16 seasons, we should all know by now where this Football Program is headed before they ever kick off this season. Let’s see where we are the morning of Oct. 16th.
It is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRaiderDave
Stock has put several of his former Blue Raiders in line to be hurt and offended if things do go south and fans call for his removal which would make them collateral damage. I have no problem with sending Polly, West, Mallory and Brock out with him. Lord knows these buddies of Stock’s have been given ample time to win a conference title instead of just another meaningless bowl champion tarp. Not to mention the losing seasons.

You hate to see 6 former players on this staff…...Brent Stockstill, Kenneth Gilstrap, Shane Tucker, Marquice Shakir, I’tavious Mathers and Blake Catlett get caught up in a situation this season where change is demanded from the top down and a complete house cleaning would be necessary.

This staff is so loaded with Stockstill coaching tree limbs that he cannot be objective. Simmons, Nix, Franklin, Ellis and Dearmon made cutting them loose easy for him.

The folks in Knoxville are still sporting checkerboard NC license plates almost 25 years later but they haven’t recovered from Fulmer, Chavous and Sanders overstaying their welcome. And Coach Majors, may he Rest In Peace, carried a very public grudge with Fulmer until the day he passed away.

After 16 seasons, we should all know by now where this Football Program is headed before they ever kick off this season. Let’s see where we are the morning of Oct. 16th.
It is what it is.
His coaching tree is just a bunch of bare limbs. Never any leaves or flowers.

Reactions: MTTim
25 cent juice on the UNDER so there's a strong lean on MT winning 5 or less games this year

Wish I could meaningfully disagree but 5 wins is probably about right.

In order for MT to have a season we can all be proud of (7+ wins and in contention for CUSA title game) we will need multiple upsets this season. I've said it several times but I'll say it again, I believe we will know what we are getting with this team after the first two games.

If we start 0-2 then it'll be clear to me this team doesn't have the skill or coaching to be considered an FBS team with a pulse. It'll just be another pathetic year where we struggle to keep head above water late into November.

Start 1-1, come home beat TSU, then travel down to Miami 2-1 and play respectably and then we might have a chance.
Your favorite phase of the game, “Special Teams” was taken from Polly and given to Gilstrap and a former Equipment Mgr. turned Quality Control Analyst. 😉

Reactions: Predarat
My thoughts towards MT football has become equated to the old Stages of Grief/Acceptance motto. Except mine has developed into 3 steps. Anger, Grief, & finally Acceptance. I pretty much skipped past Denial, ha ha. So, instead of posting in anger, I just haven't posted at all on football. I'll be glad to celebrate any victories, but with acceptance have learned not to expect much. Maybe someday we'll finish 2 games above 500. For me it's pretty much a can't wait for MT Basketball scenario.

Wow for once I was being optimistic going with 6 wins. If they do get 5 or less, where does that put us with the Stocktract? I'm thinking after this season it would be only 3 years left if he does not get 6 Ws? That is getting closer to buyout territory.

Wow for once I was being optimistic going with 6 wins. If they do get 5 or less, where does that put us with the Stocktract? I'm thinking after this season it would be only 3 years left if he does not get 6 Ws? That is getting closer to buyout territory.

I'm royally confused on this. I thought the auto extension was over a few years back. When does it really expire?

I'm royally confused on this. I thought the auto extension was over a few years back. When does it really expire?
It may be, I am not sure. Even if it has not expired he probably has years added to it, so its hard to know how many are left.

So its at least 2026. Yikes. Maybe 2027 with last season if his contract still rolls.

It’s annual salary

Just because we always speculate, could GoMiddle complete a FOIA request and get a copy of CRS’s current contract?

BetMGM says he has a modest million dollar salary, but would have a $4million buyout if fired after this year. That seems to argue his contract is through 2026 as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT