ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS Upgrades to Murphy Center

MTLynn

Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2003
“Murphy Center is celebrating 50 years with a new pair of sunglasses. MTSU's iconic "Glass House" had a temperature and glare problem. SageGlass stepped in to help. With this dynamic glass, known as smart windows, Murphy Center is now able control the amount of sun coming in during any event hosted in the building. Take a look at how it works."

IMO, these thing have been needed for a large number of years... It's about time.

I would like to see a revamp of the seating area. Leave the bowl/chair seats alone. The change could easily come to the bleacher area. Remove the N,O,P, D,E, & F. bleachers. After removal, put corporate boxes in those areas and cantilever them out over the existing chair back seats.

In so doing, this reduces the seating capacity, but if one were to look at Duke and their arena, it is a hard ticket. I would like to see us do this. Also, I feel the changes would help keep the crowd noise in the bowl making it more difficult to opposing teams.

With today's attendance problems, we have not been filling the lower bowl much less the bleachers. I feel the the change would give us an arena with a fuller look...

Questions...

Thoughts....

IMO, these thing have been needed for a large number of years... It's about time.

I would like to see a revamp of the seating area. Leave the bowl/chair seats alone. The change could easily come to the bleacher area. Remove the N,O,P, D,E, & F. bleachers. After removal, put corporate boxes in those areas and cantilever them out over the existing chair back seats.

In so doing, this reduces the seating capacity, but if one were to look at Duke and their arena, it is a hard ticket. I would like to see us do this. Also, I feel the changes would help keep the crowd noise in the bowl making it more difficult to opposing teams.

With today's attendance problems, we have not been filling the lower bowl much less the bleachers. I feel the the change would give us an arena with a fuller look...

Questions...

Thoughts....
Personally I think we should only have the lower bowl. It’s enough seats for what we need and would look much better. If we start consistently selling it out then we should raise the prices not the capacity.

Reactions: coachchia
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT