ADVERTISEMENT

UAB Getting Ready...

They might as well. If FIU wins next week. They will play in Birmingham. If Marshall wins and we lose, we are in Birmingham. There's a 66% chance that it will be there.

I'm not buying that Wiley. They have 44 Juco players and 13 FBS grad transfers. It's gonna be a slow go after this season. Clark has done a great job in building a makeshift team out of Juco players but he had about 3 years to do it as well.

Plus, the west and their schedule was a walkthrough. Nothing like ours.

We'll see what happens next weekend.

Last edited:
I'll be at UAB on Wednesday, i will report after my son talks with them.....lol

I'm not buying that Wiley. They have 44 Juco players and 13 FBS grad transfers. It's gonna be a slow go after this season. Clark has done a great job in building a makeshift team out of Juco players but he had about 3 years to do it as well.

:confused:

Doesn't matter how Bill Clark built his juggernaut. Kansas State and Bill Snyder made a living out of recruiting JUCO's during his first stint there and damn near won a national title doing so. His teams and program were not 1 or 2 year wonder either.

The fact that Bill Clark was able to get all that talent to come to Birmingham Alabama despite the program not even playing football for several years is mind boggling and a testament to his recruiting prowess.

Good coaches can sustain the success and Bill Clark appears to be one of those guys. I mean come on, he's winning with our 3rd string cast off A.J Erdely at QB, right? Imagine what will happen when he gets a talented QB in there....

Also, you are greatly short-changing the West. In fact, I'd say the West is stronger than the East this year. Give me La. Tech, Southern Miss, North Texas, and UAB all day over FIU, FAU, Marshall, and MT. All damn day.

Tell me how their schedule wasn't a walkthrough? No ranked teams, we played 2. Vandy may win next week and go bowling. So all 3 P5 teams are good teams. UAB played one on a VU level and lost by 3 TD's. They lost to Coastal Carolina. UNT was the other team who everyone thought was awesome since they beat the worst team in P5 and what did UNT do? Lost 3 CUSA games and nearly lost a 4th. UAB lost to Coastal Carolina who is now 5-6. They won the West. We would have won the west too with that schedule. They did it with 44 Juco's. We brought in 6 Juco's and everyone puts down our recruiting and says how bad it is to bring in that many. West better than the east? They have 2 teams with less than 3 conference losses. We have no one as bad as Rice, UTEP or UTSA for that matter. Even WKU smoked UTEP.

Savannah St., CCU, Tulane, Rice, UTEP, UTSA. What a monster schedule. Dude. How did they get through that? Even ODU beat a top 25. Come on man.

UAB is a feel good story and Clark is awesome but let's be real, their schedule is joke like and they are no juggernaut. They will drop off heavy next year when they lose about half that team.

Last edited:
we have played SEVEN road games and only four home games...are schedule is plenty hard.

UAB has been winning by letting the other team make mistakes...if we play clean we will win. Same as last year, we turned it over multiple times and lost at the end.

WE HAD THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE CONFERENCE. Who else played 3 SEC teams? WHO else played 2 top 20 teams? Who else played a no.2 ranked team? 7 road games. If we played UAB's schedule, we'd have 9-10 wins ourselves. It will be an evenly matched team. It's up to us.

Our schedule may have had a tougher OoC and more home games, but that’s it to me. They really aren’t a better team.

UAB opponents this year are 55-76 counting us. OoC 19-24.
Ours are 65-66 counting UAB. OoC 25-19.

At most UAB could wind up with wins over 6 teams .500 or better.

At most we could wind up with wins over 7 teams .500 or better.

We can win this game and I fully believe Marshall can take care of FIU. They will want to go in to Blacksburg with a 8-3 record if they end up playing that game.

ADVERTISEMENT