ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL uab fires their head coach

Well, you know FR some schools have expectations and whether they have the culture or not at least try to act like they care about a culture of winning.

UAB has a very prideful basketball program. There have been times where they've been pretty damn good.

Doesn't surprise me one bit to see Ehsan gone. He had 4 years to get them competing for championships and they were never really close.

I fully expect our administration to hold McDevitt to the same standard (please don't laugh at me)

Doesn't surprise me one bit to see Ehsan gone. He had 4 years to get them competing for championships and they were never really close.

I fully expect our administration to hold McDevitt to the same standard (please don't laugh at me)
If Nick doesn't show steady improvement they will likely let his contract expire.

If Nick doesn't show steady improvement they will likely let his contract expire.

McDevitt's contract is for five years and $750,000 annually ($575,000 in base compensation, $175,000 in TV and radio obligations), matching what Davis was compensated before he left for Ole Miss.

Mar 27, 2018

My question is what has he done as far as his $175,000 a year TV and radio obligation? Coaches Show? TV Show?

After just 3 seasons in existence after starting a program out of nothing in 1978, Gene Bartow has them in the the ‘81 Sweet 16 after wins over WKU and Kentucky eventually losing to Indiana. In ‘82 they were in the Elite 8.

Our guy can’t even compete in a watered down CUSA.

Good to know all is "normal" around here... don't let a little pandemic keep some of y'all from b!tching about the same stuff ad nauseam..

It is of some comfort that if all the meat in the US runs out at least we can recruit some of you to beat some horses to death..

We’re so sorry kingaling that for those here who have a lot more invested in this school and in this athletics program that expressing our frustrations and concerns over having the worst basketball program in the history of our school is somehow bothersome to you. The door is over there if it’s too much for you.

We’re so sorry kingaling that for those here who have a lot more invested in this school and in this athletics program that expressing our frustrations and concerns over having the worst basketball program in the history of our school is somehow bothersome to you. The door is over there if it’s too much for you.
Amen. Some guy rolls in here 2 years ago with a UNC-Assville Bulldog avatar in his profile and now wants to preach to actual MT graduates and longtime donors who have been forced to watch Blue Raider Men’s Basketball get flushed down the toilet in the same 2 years.

He can take a hike as far as I’m concerned,

In these last 2 years I'd bet I've watched more MT basketball than most here and I know I've watched more than you FR315.. carry on with your b!tching ladies and don't forget the cranberry juice at lunch today..

In these last 2 years I'd bet I've watched more MT basketball than most here and I know I've watched more than you FR315.. carry on with your b!tching ladies and don't forget the cranberry juice at lunch today..

Talk about not getting the point. Who cares if you've watch every single minute of every single game the last two years. There have people who have been doing that for 20 years and actually care about the program not just who runs it. Whether CNM moves on for greener pastures or eventually gets canned (which is clearly more likely) once that happens you will be gone. And we will still be here...left with the crapfest dumpster fire CNM has left on his way out. So...GTFO.

Just like all the other stuff you talk about that you don't control- I'm not going anywhere..

To get back to the thread and the point.. UAB gave Ehsan 4 years, his first season he had 2 freshmen and 2 sophs on the roster; only 2 were moderate contributors- the rest were upperclassmen with 78.7% of minutes played and 76.1% of scoring returning from the 2015-16 season where the Blazers were 26-7 overall and 16-2 in CUSA; Regular Season Champs.. Ehsan couldn't replicate what Haase had going... he remained mediocre and had plenty to work with from the start.. apples/oranges..

Sit back, wash your hands (especially you two MT01 and FR315 from your circle jerk), enjoy your quarantines, and stay safe folks..

In kingaling42's defense, not that he needs mine, we all (myself included) do keep bitchin' about the same things - what else do we have to do? Kingaling42 has been loyal to his friend, rational considering his history with McDevitt, and even critical, especially after the lack of improvement this year. I wouldn't doubt that he would agree at this juncture we paid somewhat too much for McDevitt considering his experience (the $750K was the topic, was it not?) of being at only one school, no post-season success and no impressive wins.
We all want success. I'm giving McDevitt through next year's pre-conference schedule to see where we are (primarily because that's the only option). By then we'll have the late signing period this yr, next year's early signing period, a look at the players sitting out, and a dozen or more games in his 3rd year.
If we don't have a few more good signees, if the players sitting out prove to be crap, and if our start is as bad as this year then I'll join you in a march on Murphy.

Good to know all is "normal" around here... don't let a little pandemic keep some of y'all from b!tching about the same stuff ad nauseam..

It is of some comfort that if all the meat in the US runs out at least we can recruit some of you to beat some horses to death..

Get used to it. Until the turd is flushed, we're gonna complain about the stink.

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
Bullsh!t. You know next to jacksh!t if you are repping this lame coach. If it were a decent coach with a real background, I'd get it but this dude? LOL. You're not changing our minds. He has to do that on the court and so far, we've seen nothing. Bottom line. End of story.

Just like all the other stuff you talk about that you don't control- I'm not going anywhere..

To get back to the thread and the point.. UAB gave Ehsan 4 years, his first season he had 2 freshmen and 2 sophs on the roster; only 2 were moderate contributors- the rest were upperclassmen with 78.7% of minutes played and 76.1% of scoring returning from the 2015-16 season where the Blazers were 26-7 overall and 16-2 in CUSA; Regular Season Champs.. Ehsan couldn't replicate what Haase had going... he remained mediocre and had plenty to work with from the start.. apples/oranges..

Sit back, wash your hands (especially you two MT01 and FR315 from your circle jerk), enjoy your quarantines, and stay safe folks..

That mediocre coach was still 3-2 vs. our less than mediocre coach.

17-16 (16-17)
20-13 (17-18)
20-14 (18-19)
19-13 (19-20)

I would love to have that right now. Ya'll really think CMD could ever produce those W/L numbers? No way in hell.

Bullsh!t. You know next to jacksh!t if you are repping this lame coach. If it were a decent coach with a real background, I'd get it but this dude? LOL. You're not changing our minds. He has to do that on the court and so far, we've seen nothing. Bottom line. End of story.

This post clearly makes my point about beating a dead horse..

“Bottom line. End of story”.. then proceeds to post twice more afterwards about the same theme.. You can’t make this stuff up folks..

I'm as unhappy as anybody about the first 2 years, but there's no point dwelling on them.

I'll gladly forget about his first 2 years if we can put a championship caliber product on the floor in Years 3 and 4. Havn't seen anything to indicate he can do that yet, but we will have a much different roster next year assuming players dont get additional senior years, so fingers crossed.

You are an embarrassment to yourself. You have a lot of nerve to come to this board and insult this fan base - well what’s left that your buddy hasn’t run off. There are people here like FR who has been doing this for longer than you’ve been alive and you think it’s ok to come here and chastise us about what we say? Really? I don’t give a damn if I start a thread every day here about this con job your buddy brought to town then that’s my prerogative. You; however, don’t have any legitimacy to come to this board and critique someone’s views here. If I were a moderator I would have already banned you for not having the honor and decency to know where you are before you insult long time alumni of this university.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
You are an embarrassment to yourself. You have a lot of nerve to come to this board and insult this fan base - well what’s left that your buddy hasn’t run off. There are people here like FR who has been doing this for longer than you’ve been alive and you think it’s ok to come here and chastise us about what we say? Really? I don’t give a damn if I start a thread every day here about this con job your buddy brought to town then that’s my prerogative. You; however, don’t have any legitimacy to come to this board and critique someone’s views here. If I were a moderator I would have already banned you for not having the honor and decency to know where you are before you insult long time alumni of this university.
I have been a fan for 20 years and that is far more than half my life, so according to you I can post on here as I please. He makes good points in all we do on here is say the same thing over and over. I would like to have something more positive to talk about, but as of right now we don't. Saying that what do you actually bring to this board or program? You have already said you don't donate, go to games, and are done with it. So why are you still here? Your words indicate you are done than be done, but don't come back when it turns around. We need real fans and not fair-weather ones like you.

Reactions: kingaling42
I have been a fan for 20 years and that is far more than half my life, so according to you I can post on here as I please. He makes good points in all we do on here is say the same thing over and over. I would like to have something more positive to talk about, but as of right now we don't. Saying that what do you actually bring to this board or program? You have already said you don't donate, go to games, and are done with it. So why are you still here? Your words indicate you are done than be done, but don't come back when it turns around. We need real fans and not fair-weather ones like you.
MT01 is a realist. All of us should be up in arms. We should be camped out at McPhee's house raising hell. We have jobs and lives so we can't do that. We should because they destroyed what good we had. Until they do something right, we have every right to rail against it and we should. Get used to it.

Typical response as you make this all about you as usual.. To be clear I haven't insulted a fan base, I respect the vast majority of posters here and the folks I've met at games- I did however insult you and FR315, don't like it then follow your own advice and go away- you are not the entire fan base, let me repeat that for you- YOU, MT01, are not the entire fan base.. I played nice for a long time here until this year when you 2 posters have piled on me personally for posting anything, when one of you goes off on me I can always count on the other to come chiming in too within a few hours regardless of what I say- even when I don't say a word about CNM (note: this is the first time I mentioned him in this thread, surprising eh?).. there are plenty of posters here that I've treated with the same respect given and I will continue to do so- but I'm not going to be your door mat and if there's a code of conduct then I will pay that toll and you should too by how you've spoken to me in the past.. I debate with several others respectfully here despite differences of opinion- Wiley and I often disagree but I find him to be a straight shooter and he at times evaluates what people say and when inclined he's changed his stance based on the actual posts..

Which leads to the other problem as many others have told you MT01 is that you don't actually read what people are typing and trying to discuss, you continue to make the same lazy associations with people here from arguments, discussions, threads past.. I could type "The Sky is Blue" and here you and FR315 and brJT would come and blast me for defending CNM and blah blah blah- down the rabbit hole you go.. even brJT did the same thing, I mentioned actual facts about Ehsan's record, results, and the class he was left his first year.. blah blah blah CNM this CNM that.. where did I mention or defend CNM anywhere in this thread? You guys do the same thing to crposton when he mentions anything positive- it's not just me..

I get you're not happy- hell are any of us happy with where the program is? For what it's worth I'm not happy, I know CNM's not happy about it.. wallowing in misery isn't going to fix things. At some point true fans get behind the team- doesn't mean you're happy about it but that's what being a true die hard fan is actually about.. thick AND thin..

Otherwise if you're going to keeping nagging like a lady then don't be surprised if I make cranberry juice jokes insinuating that you're on your period, I trust you've seen The Departed.

This post clearly makes my point about beating a dead horse..

“Bottom line. End of story”.. then proceeds to post twice more afterwards about the same theme.. You can’t make this stuff up folks..

What we can't make up is your "Single White Female" obsession with a terrible coach from a bush league nowhere conference. Thanks for playing though.

Hey it is what it is, people are not happy with this program or coach. It's gonna be like this until he truly steps up, enforces discipline and truly leads this thing. He hasn't done that yet. Until he does or leaves, we gonna give him hell. UAB just dumped a guy who is 4 times the coach this dude is. I'd take that dude over what we have in a heartbeat. That's where it's at. Don't like it, change the channel.

Hey it is what it is, people are not happy with this program or coach. It's gonna be like this until he truly steps up, enforces discipline and truly leads this thing. He hasn't done that yet. Until he does or leaves, we gonna give him hell. UAB just dumped a guy who is 4 times the coach this dude is. I'd take that dude over what we have in a heartbeat. That's where it's at. Don't like it, change the channel.

Got it- Bottom line. End of story.

I can post here, go or don’t go to games when I want. What I do or don’t do is of no concern to you. But I’m not going to sit and be quiet while an outsider who has no affiliation to this school insults members of this board and critiques things we say because he’s buddies with the coach. It’s beyond unsat and you don’t see it because you don’t like people who speak their mind and say things as they are rather and those who don’t otherwise pump sunshine up rear ends.

To address your other point I will post here as long as I damn well please. Just because I don’t like the direction of the program doesn’t mean I don’t still care and doesn’t mean that I won’t keep up with things. But yes I’m not going to continue to throw money into the fire pit. If you want to do that then more power to you. It’s your money. So, this premise that I shouldn’t - in your words - “come back” is a stupid asinine statement. I haven’t left. I’m just not supporting this failure. I’m not validating the decision and certainly not going to support the lack of action with both football and basketball. As I have said before this is the only voice we have.

As for CNM turning this around that’s laughable. It won’t happen under his watch. We have enough evidence now. As for the program being turned around - if that actually happens whether I “return” or not will depend. I’m issues stems more from leadership. When I made this decision at the end of las these it was because of the statements Massaro said after the football season and inaction to the downward trajectory to not football but all of our athletics. So, a new direction under the guidance of a new administration and leadership team will get me back. Not a winning season in basketball, though we aren’t likely to see one of those anytime soon.

Good for you. I’ve met face to face with the AD on November 7th and told him exactly how I felt about the direction of the Football program. He knows I vehemently disagree with his handling of the Stockstill contract and the state of the Football program. Honestly, the only thing we discussed about basketball was that he told Kermit “no” when he asked for a similar deal to Stock’s. That is one thing he has done that I agree with. Your guy was just starting Year 2 and I didn’t really have any issues at that time. He said there would be Football staff changes forthcoming which have never happened and then after the season, he issued a statement on his assessment of Blue Raider Football that absolutely floored me.

Finally, how about we total up the number of MT games attended, Football, Basketball and Baseball since May of 2005 when I received my MBA from McPhee? Then let’s add in total season tickets purchased, hours spent calling people and attending events / silent auctions on behalf of the BRAA. Then let’s add in a one time capital gift for the new Baseball stadium.

Your guy is a hired gun who flat out isn’t performing. You are a one sport hanger on who recently appeared here to fluff him. Let’s see how long you’re here when he’s gone.

I’ll go back to my cranberry juice now.

Reactions: MTTim
Typical response as you make this all about you as usual.. To be clear I haven't insulted a fan base, I respect the vast majority of posters here and the folks I've met at games- I did however insult you and FR315, don't like it then follow your own advice and go away- you are not the entire fan base, let me repeat that for you- YOU, MT01, are not the entire fan base.. I played nice for a long time here until this year when you 2 posters have piled on me personally for posting anything, when one of you goes off on me I can always count on the other to come chiming in too within a few hours regardless of what I say- even when I don't say a word about CNM (note: this is the first time I mentioned him in this thread, surprising eh?).. there are plenty of posters here that I've treated with the same respect given and I will continue to do so- but I'm not going to be your door mat and if there's a code of conduct then I will pay that toll and you should too by how you've spoken to me in the past.. I debate with several others respectfully here despite differences of opinion- Wiley and I often disagree but I find him to be a straight shooter and he at times evaluates what people say and when inclined he's changed his stance based on the actual posts.

Which leads to the other problem as many others have told you MT01 is that you don't actually read what people are typing and trying to discuss, you continue to make the same lazy associations with people here from arguments, discussions, threads past.. I could type "The Sky is Blue" and here you and FR315 and brJT would come and blast me for defending CNM and blah blah blah- down the rabbit hole you go.. even brJT did the same thing, I mentioned actual facts about Ehsan's record, results, and the class he was left his first year.. blah blah blah CNM this CNM that.. where did I mention or defend CNM anywhere in this thread? You guys do the same thing to crposton when he mentions anything positive- it's not just me..

I get you're not happy- hell are any of us happy with where the program is? For what it's worth I'm not happy, I know CNM's not happy about it.. wallowing in misery isn't going to fix things. At some point true fans get behind the team- doesn't mean you're happy about it but that's what being a true die hard fan is actually about.. thick AND thin..

Otherwise if you're going to keeping nagging like a lady then don't be surprised if I make cranberry juice jokes insinuating that you're on your period, I trust you've seen The Departed.

Your view of things lacks merit. First and foremost I damn sure haven’t made lazy assessments. I’m the only one who made accurate ones from day one. Second, and more importantly you say you haven’t insulted a fan base but then admit you insulted me and FR. And most people now think and see what he and I do. About the only one in your corner is crposton. So yeah you insulted the vast majority of us. But regardless you insulted some of us and - like I said - you don’t have the status here to do so. You should self correct or be banned as a result. Therefore, I will reiterate GTFO. And you should feel welcome to do that on your own.

One other thing I want to correct. You making a statement that I'm trying to make this about me is an copout and attempt at misdirection. Let me clarify that one for you. This about MT. Not MT01. I don't care about how I'm viewed or if I have some sort of status here. I'm too old for that shit. I quit caring about things like that many, many years ago. All I care about is what happens to MT. About the present and future of MT. You can't say that. The only thing you care about here is the status of your friend, but you nor anyone else needs Captain Obvious to tell you that. So, no this isn't about me. Not even a little. This about MT and what's best for the university. I have sacrificed personally the benefits that come with consecutive years of annual giving to do what's right for this university, so your statement there is not only wrong it's another insult.

Lastly, even if you didn’t insult anyone directly you have been doing it indirectly for months. you have persistently attempted to favorably influence opinion here in favor of CNM. You sit here and claim you are just trying to have conversation with folks but that’s utter bullshit. For every legit discussion message you have published there are three or four where the message is agenda driven. That’s what I have been calling you out for. If you want to post here and have legit conversations and refrain from trying to influence opinion I have no problem with that but - most certainly- is not what you’ve been doing and you don’t like being challenged on that. And I bet Space and other moderators see it too. So, I’m officially calling on moderators to officially issue a warning to kingaling to drop this tactic. It’s hard enough going through these last two years without having to wade through why we should all be more optimistic about CNM.

Last edited:
Football has been withering away for 10 seasons now.

If Nick doesn't improve he will be gone in a few years but stuckstill will be here with his lifetime contract...

I've said it before - the future of MT football concerns me much more than men's basketball

Your view of things lacks merit. First and foremost I damn sure haven’t made lazy assessments. I’m the only one who made accurate ones from day one. Second, and more importantly you say you haven’t insulted a fan base but then admit you insulted me and FR. And most people now think and see what he and I do. About the only one in your corner is crposton. So yeah you insulted the vast majority of us. But regardless you insulted some of us and - like I said - you don’t have the status here to do so. You should self correct or be banned as a result. Therefore, I will reiterate GTFO. And you should feel welcome to do that on your own.

One other thing I want to correct. You making a statement that I'm trying to make this about me is an copout and attempt at misdirection. Let me clarify that one for you. This about MT. Not MT01. I don't care about how I'm viewed or if I have some sort of status here. I'm too old for that shit. I quit caring about things like that many, many years ago. All I care about is what happens to MT. About the present and future of MT. You can't say that. The only thing you care about here is the status of your friend, but you nor anyone else needs Captain Obvious to tell you that. So, no this isn't about me. Not even a little. This about MT and what's best for the university. I have sacrificed personally the benefits that come with consecutive years of annual giving to do what's right for this university, so your statement there is not only wrong it's another insult.

Lastly, even if you didn’t insult anyone directly you have been doing it indirectly for months. you have persistently attempted to favorably influence opinion here in favor of CNM. You sit here and claim you are just trying to have conversation with folks but that’s utter bullshit. For every legit discussion message you have published there are three or four where the message is agenda driven. That’s what I have been calling you out for. If you want to post here and have legit conversations and refrain from trying to influence opinion I have no problem with that but - most certainly- is not what you’ve been doing and you don’t like being challenged on that. And I bet Space and other moderators see it too. So, I’m officially calling on moderators to officially issue a warning to kingaling to drop this tactic. It’s hard enough going through these last two years without having to wade through why we should all be more optimistic about CNM.

MT01 please read things carefully- I never said lazy assessments- I said lazy associations which you continued to do in this response... not every post I make is about CNM- sometimes it's just about basketball which I enjoy discussing (usually)..

I really think you need professional help.. tactics, hidden agendas? I've been pretty transparent on here..BTW message boards are about giving opinions, bantering, and yes swaying ideas.. everyone here has some agenda don't kid yourself- that's pretty much the point of these boards.. however most often recently, I've been called out for not commenting in game threads even when I've abstained.. so which is it ladies?

I like basketball, I like talking basketball- and I'm active on several message boards because they have proven to be good forums for educated fans- for the most part that has been my experience here as well- but recently folks are baiting responses and then you come along as if it's my agenda or master plan- talk about misguided.. quite of few here have asked thoughtful questions specifically directed to me and that I've always tried to answer.. when I've commented on game threads about actual observations- you & a select few have ranted about me defending my friend- and most of those times of late I've not actually been defending anything or mentioning CNM- I think you've got some issues if you think that- I have been critical when I see something that either the players or coaches failed to do.. but I usually reserve those insights for when I actually know what was going on.. there is a lot of posts here that I actually know some things that I don't comment on and that will continue to be the case..

I believe you came here with good intentions. So, do I believe you came here with an agenda? No. Do I believe things have evolved in that regard? Yep.

You have been unable to follow through on those good intentions as things went south and you attempted to prop up a coach and a friend who was failing. That’s the bottom line and to insult the intelligence of those of us who care a hell of a lot more about this place than you do is unfortunate. And to double down by suggesting I need help and have mental health problems you have simply validated everything I’ve said.

Had I meandered over to Ole Miss forums and exclaimed for the last two years what a find they had in Kermit and all the reasons why he’s going to build a contender and then criticized and critiqued the alumni who contested his abilities then perhaps you would have a point about my mental state. Just a thought.

I believe you came here with good intentions. So, do I believe you came here with an agenda? No. Do I believe things have evolved in that regard? Yep.

You have been unable to follow through on those good intentions as things went south and you attempted to prop up a coach and a friend who was failing. That’s the bottom line and to insult the intelligence of those of us who care a hell of a lot more about this place than you do is unfortunate. And to double down by suggesting I need help and have mental health problems you have simply validated everything I’ve said.

Had I meandered over to Ole Miss forums and exclaimed for the last two years what a find they had in Kermit and all the reasons why he’s going to build a contender and then criticized and critiqued the alumni who contested his abilities then perhaps you would have a point about my mental state. Just a thought.

What you describe in that last paragraph however is not what I’ve actually done.. and that’s my problem with you.. you simply don’t read the posts or you don’t comprehend them- I’m not sure the disconnect but clearly you respond in a way that is unwarranted for what I actually say most times.. and just because I’m friends with CNM isn’t a reason for you to make those lazy associations each time I post something.. when is the last time I posted blind optimism or sunshine around here? FR315 went all the way back to the Mars Hill game.. so yeah evidently that’s a constant agenda..

Last edited:
Whatever man. I'm not going to go back and waste my time looking for examples. Sure, it's my comprehension. That's the issue. Whatever you say.

What you describe in that last paragraph however is not what I’ve actually done.. and that’s my problem with you.. you simply don’t read the posts or you don’t comprehend them- I’m not sure the disconnect but clearly you respond in a way that is unwarranted for what I actually say most times.. and just because I’m friends with CNM isn’t a reason for you to make those lazy associations each time I post something.. when is the last time I posted blind optimism or sunshine around here? FR315 went all the way back to the Mars Hill game.. so yeah evidently that’s a constant agenda..

Wow. This dude. LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT