ADVERTISEMENT

Tweaks to college basketball likely

In the last few days have stuff on twitter about the list of d1 transfers exceeding 300 at this point and sports radio discussion about that number in college basketball exceeding 500, possibly 600 by end of the academic year.

Also, noticed utep's Vince Hunter has declared for the draft. UNC-Charlotte's losing a bunch of talent, including a top recruit, and star Torin Dorn (who just visited vandy) with the change in coaches. ODU gained a transfer, BJ Stith, from Virginia, whose father is a ODU asst, and, IIRC, was one of a trio of UVA players who scored 25+ points in the 89 second round matchup against MT in the NCAA.

With half of Kentucky's squad declaring for the draft, it got me to wondering how they manage to keep out of problems with the ncaa on apr and gsr and all that. I know that if they leave in good academic standing that ameliorates a lot, but I would think there has to be an impact.

This post was edited on 4/11 5:20 AM by SpaceRaider

A first happened for me this March. I did not watch even ONE MINUTE of any NCAA tournament game. I had zero interest. Not sure what has caused my complete apathy.

Originally posted by BRaiderDave:
A first happened for me this March. I did not watch even ONE MINUTE of any NCAA tournament game. I had zero interest. Not sure what has caused my complete apathy.
Quite frankly, Auriemma was point on with his criticism, but I don't trust the NCAA to make the right tweaks. Like the government, when they make 'reforms' they always F things up.

I just know back in the day, before shot clocks, three point shots, and slam dunks. Basketball was plenty exciting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT