ADVERTISEMENT

TSU new FB coach introductory announcement/press conference

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
The apparently well attended (from the amount of applause heard) festivities were carried live on AM 560, 102.5, and 104.5 this morning. Questions were asked during the abbreviated press conference from Organ of The Tennessean, Plaster from AM 560, and sports anchors from channels 2, 4, and 5.

I realize it is THE Eddie George, Mr. Titan and grad from THE Ohio State Univ. but I doubt if any press conference in Murphy Ctr. (short of resurrecting Bear Bryant and hiring him as HC) could cause so much mid-state sports media presence on MT's campus.

The apparently well attended (from the amount of applause heard) festivities were carried live on AM 560, 102.5, and 104.5 this morning. Questions were asked during the abbreviated press conference from Organ of The Tennessean, Plaster from AM 560, and sports anchors from channels 2, 4, and 5.

I realize it is THE Eddie George, Mr. Titan and grad from THE Ohio State Univ. but I doubt if any press conference in Murphy Ctr. (short of resurrecting Bear Bryant and hiring him as HC) could cause so much mid-state sports media presence on MT's campus.

TSU has passed us by. Probably better facilities, they will for sure have more fans at their games now, and better media presence locally and now nationally for sure. This hire was talked about for half an hour on Columbus OH sports radio and I’m sure they will talk about it more once he’s coaching games

Genius move by TSU to hire such a name. Jackson state also for getting Deion. Everyone thought Herm edwards would bomb at ASU but he’s done well there and their recruiting is better than ever

these big name head coaches can take recruiting to the next level, then you just need good assistants to run the program and you are off to the races

here at MT we have the most boring, unimaginative staff in existence. A career assistant from South Carolina named stockstill and a nobody-knows-him young assistant from Asheville NC who had never left the city until we called him....

Wow Massaro, what a genius.

I wonder sometimes what Don Griffin, Kelly Holcomb, Jonathan Quinn and others (who went on to success at the next level) think about the current state of affairs with the MT Football program. We know the Stockstill guys are gonna support him because that’s what coaches’ former players do (i.e. KingaLing).
But the rest of the athletic alumni here should be up in arms over TSU passing us by.

Would bee nice to see Mike Caldwell comeback as the HC when stock is gone.

I don't think Jonathan Quinn cares too much about what happens in Murfreesboro. I would like to hear Don and Kelly's opinion. Heck, I'd love to get Boots' thoughts....

Reactions: SpaceRaider
"I'd love to get Boots' thoughts...."

Recently I was able to catch another of the trio of MT officials at the time of the move to D-1 in FB on Plasters' show to discuss the Final Four. Of course Lee Fowler was on primarily as an Ex VU BkB player and former Chairman of the selection committee (I don't remember if he was at MT or NCSU when he was Chariman).

Of course, MT was not mentioned during the hour or so I was in my vehicle listening. Had I been able I would have liked to have called in to ask him why he thought the vision (and work) that he along with Donnelly and Dr. Walker envisioned had failed to move MT significantly up in the pecking order of college athletics in the intervening two decades.

Were one to write the history of MT athletics (or would it be an epitaph?) there are several people connected to the program whose thoughts would be interesting.

I don't think Jonathan Quinn cares too much about what happens in Murfreesboro. I would like to hear Don and Kelly's opinion. Heck, I'd love to get Boots' thoughts....
I’ve had numerous discussions with Coach Donnelly about MT. I think I have a pretty good understanding of what he thinks about the current regime. 😂😂

Quinn’s 2018 Mr. Football QB Stone Norton gets a Covid do-over at SIU as a redshirt freshman after two years at FIU. Butch signed a grad transfer senior QB from Maryland.
I guess he still doesn’t fit Stock’s and Dearmon’s offensive scheme???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT