ADVERTISEMENT

tssaa state football championship games on the move

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
I'm old enough to remember when they were in Murfreesboro, on the campus of Middle Tennessee. Used to be the goal of every high school coach, team, and players were to get to Murfreesboro and Johnny Red Floyd stadium...

I would think if MT had a young, dynamic football coach and dynamic leadership in the boro/Murphy Center/Cope that might change, but nooooooooooo....,

Reactions: Raiders_55
I would think if MT had a young, dynamic football coach and dynamic leadership in the boro/Murphy Center/Cope that might change, but nooooooooooo....,
I think part of the issue is scheduling. CUSA championship is played on the same Saturday that state championships are held.

And, from Murfreesboro's side, I wonder if they got tired of paying off TSSAA for the right to host the championships.

The championships SHOULD be held in the Nashville / Murfreesboro / Franklin area every year (at either MTSU or Vandy). There's no reason a team - and their fans - from west TN should have to drive 6 hours to Chattanooga for the game, just like there's no reason for a team from East TN to drive 6 hours to Jackson / Memphis for a state championship game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiders_55
ADVERTISEMENT