ADVERTISEMENT

trying to buy MT stuff as Christmas gifts....where?

Over the fall I have spent a few hundred dollars on various pieces of apparel and while I was able to find something
acceptable for my purposes, the number of options available that I would deem worthy quality and design is really limited. This has been a problem as long as I have been a fan. I have seen merchandise for fans of D-2 and junior colleges that is far more attractive. Far better designs, logos, quality. And don't get me started on the apparel and mdse that are emblazoned with the four letter acronym MTxx...

Originally posted by SpaceRaider:
Over the fall I have spent a few hundred dollars on various pieces of apparel and while I was able to find something
acceptable for my purposes, the number of options available that I would deem worthy quality and design is really limited. This has been a problem as long as I have been a fan. I have seen merchandise for fans of D-2 and junior colleges that is far more attractive. Far better designs, logos, quality. And don't get me started on the apparel and mdse that are emblazoned with the four letter acronym MTxx...
Perfectly stated, Space! It's not so much as finding anything here in Murfreesboro, it's the quality of the merchandise that's available! There IS merchandise, it's just a lot of it deserves to be passed over and not purchased.

One could buy T-shirts, sweatshirts used to be of "Jantzen quality". Whatever I see in the store now would be lucky to hold up for about two years of wear and wash. And I'm not harsh on my things either. I have a Middle Tennessee block lettering grey sweatshirt that I purchased in 1992 (at Phillips Bookstore) that is still good and have worn on occasion to this day. That's 22 years and counting, in fact bought that one the week of my finals days before graduation. I have a football "OVC Champions" 1989 that is still in very good shape (haven't worn lately). The Cutter and Buck button down dress shirts are good, but haven't seen much of that lately--those are pretty scarce. Designs are pretty non-descript and doesn't do anything for the brand. Even the coffee mug designs lately (which I have about 50 different MT designs) are for the most part unattractive and unimaginative. I estimate spending several hundred on various merchandise in any given year for gifts and personal use.

Wish I could have bought those Christmas lights about five years ago, the only set I saw were display and not for sale at the stadium. Don't think they ever had more than half dozen ever in stock at a time, according to the manager. And there's the neon sign that I used to have and has since gone dark (do have a picture lighted up though). I use my MT wreath with my own blue-white lights as a substitute (bought 3 years ago, now).

This post was edited on 12/16 6:32 PM by Raiderclyde

Guys, go to Alumni Hall at The Avenues. They have an incredible selection of MT stuff and a far better selection than both Lightnings And BRBS. I won't buy my MT gear anywhere else now.

This post was edited on 12/16 8:25 PM by MTBig Blue

Raider Tees
910 Ridgely Rd. Suite B • Murfreesboro, Tennessee 37129
615-890-6190 and 800-847-6057, [/B]Fax 615-896-8877[/B]
Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm
ideastee@bellsouth.net

They are awesome and if you actually go to the store, they have much more stuff than what they have on their site. Plus they have like 20-30% off stuff regularly. I love that place! The owner is amazing and really nice. Good merch there.

You ABSOLUTELY need to check out the fanstore with Rivals. I've linked it below. Lots of stuff on sale right now, and they recently put some stuff in the catalog that has just the block lettering that everyone likes. Of course, there's way more than clothes.

I encourage all of you guys to use this site - because it's good.

MT Fanstore

cbow... I have ordered from rivals store before so don't get me wrong... but, they are still pushing SunBelt hats and stuff associated with MT. Then I saw this... Hit the link

One mistake is immediately noticeable

Can you find the second mistake?

WOW!!! Really?

Yowzers...I'll notify someone of that real quick...

The bottomline is (at least with the fanstore), the more products sell, the more likely new stuff can start rolling in. I'll let them know that there's a lot of SBC leftover stuff though, maybe I can get them to update things with some CUSA swag.

I think the Rivals store is affiliated with Fanatics.

They're a good outfit.

I know I came across as very hard on the mtsutees guys on several occaisions. But really, for folks not in the area or folks that do their shopping online, it was a very subpar website.
I did order one item and have a good experience though. Too bad they didn't step up their game instead of bowing out of it.

I went to a Walmart in Murfreesboro (who the heck thought putting another Wal Mart on Memorial would be a good idea?!?) a couple of weeks ago, and was surprised at the MT stuff they had. Almost nothing in a normal size (they had a bunch of small, and then a bunch of 3XL stuff) though, so I didn't buy anything.

Actually two mistakes in one picture: Misrepresentation of our school name and leaving the last "E" off of Tennessee.

ADVERTISEMENT