ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL True Blue Town Hall part of Nashville Blitz

Joe Dubin is worth being there. One of us need to ask the hard question in the open forum of why .500 after 16 seasons.

Just watched it. They all three touted Stock and what he's done but bragged on other aspects. Talked realignment. Agreed with a lot of what they said. But Chris said something that shocked me with regards to the NIL "wild west" as they put it.

"I can tell you out of the 130 some ADs in FBS, none of us are looking to the NCAA for the solution."

Geez. Talk about a mess.

Interesting panel discussion although too much hyping Stock and what he has done.

They just skirted around the most important question I would like to ask these three MT grads who are media personalities: How does Middle Tennessee get more media coverage in the Nashville (mid-state) media with all the competition we now have?

Interesting panel discussion although too much hyping Stock and what he has done.

They just skirted around the most important question I would like to ask these three MT grads who are media personalities: How does Middle Tennessee get more media coverage in the Nashville (mid-state) media with all the competition we now have?
Simple......consistently be at teh top of the league in the major sports and "compete" for titles most years in football.

What bugged me was when Dubin said it was good Middle has consistency with Stock. That other schools had new coaches every 3 years or so.

I'd rather average 9 wins and lose a coach every 3-4 years than keep one that averages 6 (and going down).

Look at Boise. Or App State. They win a bunch of games, lose a coach, new one wins a bunch, lose him etc. It gets to the point young assistants are banging down your door to come because they know they can showcase and move up. I don't see the problem. Not to mention the buyout money you'd get each time.

What bugged me was when Dubin said it was good Middle has consistency with Stock. That other schools had new coaches every 3 years or so.

I'd rather average 9 wins and lose a coach every 3-4 years than keep one that averages 6 (and going down).

Look at Boise. Or App State. They win a bunch of games, lose a coach, new one wins a bunch, lose him etc. It gets to the point young assistants are banging down your door to come because they know they can showcase and move up. I don't see the problem. Not to mention the buyout money you'd get each time.
"Consistency" at our level means mediocre and an apathetic fan base. We are the poster child for this.

Just do a Google search and look at some of the pictures taken at the Franklin and Nashville “Blitzes” last week. It’s pretty much just staffers and coaches. Makes me sad that fan support has come to this but change will never happen if we just accept this stuff and do nothing.

Last edited:
I'd be curious to know the ages of BRAA members. I'm sure the new structure and BuildBlue has brought younger $ but still. I'm sure that's one of Lee's goals is to bring younger support in.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
I'd be curious to know the ages of BRAA members. I'm sure the need structure an BuildBlue has brought younger $ but still. I'm sure that's one of Lee's goals is to bring younger support in.
I just joined at the lower level this year. I might bump it up, after I see what it is all about, next year. I would assume I classify as “younger $” being 31.

Hutton used this as a platform to push his own agenda. He's not promoting MT at all nor is he talking about positioning us. He tried to basically own the air with no solutions. If this is supposed to hype up MT, it was pretty bleak to me. Why root for us if we have no shot in the relevance game? The people that runs these types of events are morons. No wonder we have no real support or excitement.

Hutton did call MT to task about breaking dirt. That's the one thing I did agree with.

BUT..... WE CAN'T CONTROL REALIGNMENT RIGHT NOW. Build our brand on the experience we CAN AND SHOULD offer and screw everyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hop45
Hutton used this as a platform to push his own agenda. He's not promoting MT at all nor is he talking about positioning us. He tried to basically own the air with no solutions. If this is supposed to hype up MT, it was pretty bleak to me. Why root for us if we have no shot in the relevance game? The people that runs these types of events are morons. No wonder we have no real support or excitement.

Hutton did call MT to task about breaking dirt. That's the one thing I did agree with.

BUT..... WE CAN'T CONTROL REALIGNMENT RIGHT NOW. Build our brand on the experience we CAN AND SHOULD offer and screw everyone else.
I’ve listened to midday 180 (now outkick 360) for years mostly because I like their Titans coverage over the rest. Hutton, for the most part, does come across as passionate for MT the limited times they come up. But he is on the outkick network now. Co-host Chad Withrow, along with Clay Travis (both being Vol alums) steer the narrative, when the rare MT topic comes up, as “UT is not responsible in any way for MT’s success/failures” meaning they don’t (along with all P5’s) need to be a financial lifeline to G5/FCS, which I get.

I would love to hear separate discussions about MT, and Hutton talk from the alum/fan perspective. I also understand why MT doesn’t come up, because what have they done lately?

To be fair, the MT town hall was brought up on todays outkick 360 show that I just watched. All the hosts said MT’s plans to reduce the stadium and enhance were “brilliant” and said even some of the P5’s are taking the same approach

I’ve listened to midday 180 (now outkick 360) for years mostly because I like their Titans coverage over the rest. Hutton, for the most part, does come across as passionate for MT the limited times they come up. But he is on the outkick network now. Co-host Chad Withrow, along with Clay Travis (both being Vol alums) steer the narrative, when the rare MT topic comes up, as “UT is not responsible in any way for MT’s success/failures” meaning they don’t (along with all P5’s) need to be a financial lifeline to G5/FCS, which I get.

I would love to hear separate discussions about MT, and Hutton talk from the alum/fan perspective. I also understand why MT doesn’t come up, because what have they done lately?

Hutton is a lifelong friend of mine. High school friends, played high school ball together, roomed in college, same fraternity, you get the idea.

Hutton bleeds blue as much as anyone here.

It can be difficult to discuss MT on the airwaves because it's just not what people want to hear. To be frank, nobody really cares about MT other than a small group of hardcore, aging alums. They have to discuss topics and such that will drive numbers, it is a job after all. He plugs and promotes MT as much as he can but it's never going to be near the level attention UT-Knoxville, the Titans, etc. receive. I'm sure he would love to talk more MT sports but what's there to talk about ? Maybe if we won some championships, beat some Power 5's, made more noise in NCAA tournament, etc. Until then, we deserve what we get (or don't get).

Hutton is a lifelong friend of mine. High school friends, played high school ball together, roomed in college, same fraternity, you get the idea.

Hutton bleeds blue as much as anyone here.

It can be difficult to discuss MT on the airwaves because it's just not what people want to hear. To be frank, nobody really cares about MT other than a small group of hardcore, aging alums. They have to discuss topics and such that will drive numbers, it is a job after all. He plugs and promotes MT as much as he can but it's never going to be near the level attention UT-Knoxville, the Titans, etc. receive. I'm sure he would love to talk more MT sports but what's there to talk about ? Maybe if we won some championships, beat some Power 5's, made more noise in NCAA tournament, etc. Until then, we deserve what we get (or don't get).
Yes, I totally agree, and I like Hutton! I remember going back and forth with him on here when I was a dumb college student

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT