ADVERTISEMENT

Troy/MT Predictions from the staff

In MT's last 15 games dating back to December 2018 in the "championship game" MT has a record of 4-11 and has been outscored by an average of 31 to 24.

So, Troy 31, MT 24

#E. and #Competing

Last edited:
Reactions: mtfblue
We will shock everyone and get over 30 yards rushing from our RBs.

But it won't be enough.

Troy 31
MT 14

• Haha
Reactions: MTLynn
31-28 Raiders.

That would be a very Stock thing to do.. Everyone down on the program, he somehow finds a way to win this one, then loses 5 in a row before inexplicably beating Marshall on the road before losing out. But that would give Stock & his defenders to 2 weeks to tell us slappies off.

That said, 27 - 17 Troy

It's the most degenerate stat of all time but the trend is undeniable lol..

That said they can still cover and lose but, as someone said, it'd be the most Stock thing ever to win this game. Plus I think O'Hara goes OFF.

This is where I'm leaning too. Just feels as a fan base, or whatever is left of it, that we are at the lowest point since 2011. A home win on The Deuce buys him some goodwill with MC, making the W a catch-22 for us. And I agree with Casey. I think O'Hara puts up video game numbers, and we win 28-24.

This is not the same Troy teams of the past. I was shocked at how they looked last year. 41-38 2OT Troy

This is where I'm leaning too. Just feels as a fan base, or whatever is left of it, that we are at the lowest point since 2011. A home win on The Deuce buys him some goodwill with MC, making the W a catch-22 for us. And I agree with Casey. I think O'Hara puts up video game numbers, and we win 28-24.

That’s a great stat.

Makes me think we find a way to lose by 1 or 2, but “compete in the face of all this adversity”.

You spelled Cunningham wrong. ;) Sorry, but Cunningham just throws a much better ball. He will take over the starting job at some point this season. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
I don't see Stock pulling a rabbit out of his hat. This team is slow and never looked like they knew their assignments against Army. Chop blocks had nothing to do with that. This is just a bad team and direct result of piss poor recruiting/poor coaching.

It's the most degenerate stat of all time but the trend is undeniable lol..

That said they can still cover and lose but, as someone said, it'd be the most Stock thing ever to win this game. Plus I think O'Hara goes OFF.
I’ll still watch it as long as I can stomach it and root for my alma mater but, I don’t have a lot of hope right now. Maybe Franklin can pull a few long, sustained scoring drives out of his butt and keep this horrible defense off the field.

Which is ridiculous because we’ve been doing the same thing for 15 years and we’ve had the same coordinators now for three or four years. It’s not like we’re going to sneak up on Troy. If that really is the mindset it would be just another piece of evidence that prove CRS has no business being a head coach.

Can someone smarter than I am explain why the line is down to +2.5 at some books?

Does Vegas know something we don’t? Did Troy’s starting O catch SARS-CoV-2?

Can someone smarter than I am explain why the line is down to +2.5 at some books?

Does Vegas know something we don’t? Did Troy’s starting O catch SARS-CoV-2?
Maybe the fix is in or they're trying to sucker people into changing their bet

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/29915049/college-football-week-3-betting-trends-know

Troy Trojans (-3.5, 64.5) at Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, 3:30 p.m. ET (on ESPN)

• Troy is 19-9-2 ATS in its past 30 road games.

• Troy is 1-8-2 ATS in season openers since 2009.

• Middle Tennessee has failed to cover four straight games in September.

• Total has gone under in seven of the past eight meetings dating to 2005.

Stats to know: The Blue Raiders got shutout 42-0 in their season opener at Army. Second-year starting quarterback Asher O'Hara had his worst game at Middle Tennessee, throwing for just 46 yards and two interceptions to go along with 18 rushing yards. One can likely expect more from an offense that returns 87% of its production from 2019 and projects 35.3 PPG in 2020, per Phil Steele.

OHara also threw a pick 6. We didn't call a timeout to score points before the half. I hope Cunningham gets more PT and we don't turn the ball over. I'm a dreamer.

I don’t care who plays QB but if it’s Asher don’t put shackles on him. They talked all year about how they want him to stay in the pocket more. That’s not his game. And our OL can’t block long enough as it is plus the WRs don’t ever really get open on their primary routes so let him do what he does. He was one of the most dynamic players in CFB last year. Let Asher be Asher.

I fully expect MT to lose this game (38-24 or something like that), but it’s completely within Stock’s character to win this game.

Historically, Stock has looked terrible in game 1, but rebounded with better performances in week 2.

Any chance we had just went out the window when the game moved from ESPN 2 to ESPN. Go ahead and call housekeeping, because we're going to do our trademark crapping of the bed on the big stage on television like we always do.

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT