ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Tournament Hosting Changes?

MidTennMtneer

All American
Nov 13, 2013
I would welcome a change. I think all tournament games should be neutral sites. Even CM said if our game was anywhere but Baton Rouge we would've won, and I agree.

Glad I looked before creating a thread. I'd be OK with top 4 seeds having some reward for a good season, but giving them 2 home games is a bit much. Hard enough beating a high seed on a neutral court.

I'm not going to sit here and I say I know for sure that Middle would win a neutral site bc there's no guarantee another officiating wouldn't have been just as whistle happy. The FT disparity should be pointed out, but we had nearly just as large an advantage against Louisville.

Hopefully the improvements that are made benefit everyone in the tournament, not just the top 16-20 teams

One thing that I think gets overlooked a lot with this is that the highest seeds hosting the tournament means that a lot of the time, all of the economic impact of these games goes to the universities themselves which creates a feedback loop of having this lack of parity in women's basketball. It's easier to get entrenched as a top team when you're hosting two games and having all this focus on your university as a #4 seed versus the #5 seed who gets none of that but is allegedly marginally lower on the ranking as a team.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT