ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Top 5 MT hardest hitters IYO

Marty Carter hit people so hard that he staggered off the field a few times according to a good friend of mine who is a former football manager.

Reactions: mtfblue
JK Sabb
Justin Rainey (I believe he was the one with the big hit against North Texas)
Bradley Robinson (Solely for his hit on that Louisville player)

Mike Caldwell, I didn't see the hit at marshall, but I saw him make a hit against tennessee tech in Floyd Stadium that I still remember. He spent years in the NFL as a player and now as an assistant.

Damn shame that his daughter didn't consider playing basketball here in the boro, but committed to her mother's alma mater Az State.

A marshall fan posted about that Caldwell hit in the playoff game at Marshall several years ago:

" this was the game Orlando Hatchett was knocked out on a high pass from Todd Donnan (there were a few of those in this game, but Troy and others went up and got most).

Mike Caldwell was another MTSU player who played a number of years for the Browns.

Caldwell caught Hatchett right under the chin with the top of his helmet, and Hatchett, who had a history of concussions, didn't play in the semi-final game either.

Best part was the team convinced O he was knocked out running into a cheerleader, and he believed that for awhile, not seeing the film until much later on."

All seriousness though, I’d probably go with:

JK Sabb
Chance Dunleavy
Bradley Robinson
Alex Suber
Erik Walden

Kevin Brown (Safety) was a pretty hard hitter. So was Michael Woods (Safety).

Dennis Mix, from Warren County, IIRC, an undersized defensive end, on Boots' first signing class delivered some punishment when he made a hit. In those first tough seasons he provided leadership in the way he played. Boots called him the best hitter he ever saw. MT Hall of Fame and 2nd team All American.

I remember a guy from the Slappy Mac era (probably more than one lol) that could really lay a hit on someone, however too many of them resulted 10 and 15 yard penalties due to the hits not being legal. There was one really notorious for it but I forget his name.

I remember a guy from the Slappy Mac era (probably more than one lol) that could really lay a hit on someone, however too many of them resulted 10 and 15 yard penalties due to the hits not being legal. There was one really notorious for it but I forget his name.

There was infamous Muhammed Rashada, two hits on a north texas punt returner, in the same game. Of course he gained his notoriety by giving up on an FAU WR that let them win the game. If there were superlatives given out for the dumbest shit, they would have retired the trophy in his name.

Tony Burse Fullback could pack a punch. Don't remember the team but he burst thru the line three of the defense was carried off the field. A lineman, linebacker and safety.

Reactions: Blueraider_Mike
ADVERTISEMENT