ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Toman gets a commitment

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country

DhhfxpjU8AEvq3O.jpg

Looks like Brayden has been an MT fan for some time. Always great to have a player coming in that already loves the univesity

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
So Siren is 6’11”?!? Holy right handed Randy Johnson.

And I see a lot of out of state commitments to go with him. Interesting

Not mentioned in this thread, and possibly irrelevant, is that Knox Farragut's Parker Noland who was a MT commitment (or was he a signee that we released?) for the previous staff has now committed to the school on West End. Used is the excuse that the coaching change allowed Noland to reconsider his options which apparently really "blew up" because of work last winter after being spurned by $EC schools.

Best thing to report is that the "$EC be-all; end-all of college sports" article on the front page of Friday's Tennessean's sports section wasn't written by Sparks but by a Knoxville News Sentinel prep writer. I would like to think Sparks would have written just a little different article and wouldn't have put down MT BB to the extent of the East Tn writer.

Not mentioned in this thread, and possibly irrelevant, is that Knox Farragut's Parker Noland who was a MT commitment (or was he a signee that we released?) for the previous staff has now committed to the school on West End. Used is the excuse that the coaching change allowed Noland to reconsider his options which apparently really "blew up" because of work last winter after being spurned by $EC schools.

Best thing to report is that the "$EC be-all; end-all of college sports" article on the front page of Friday's Tennessean's sports section wasn't written by Sparks but by a Knoxville News Sentinel prep writer. I would like to think Sparks would have written just a little different article and wouldn't have put down MT BB to the extent of the East Tn writer.

It sucks, but I can’t fault the best player in the state taking an offer from a Super Regional team that many think is going to Omaha next year versus a school that hasn’t made its own conference tourney and has a new coach you have no relationship with.

We need Coach T to close the gap on the field to keep recruits & baseball is a sport we can close the gap in a few years.

It sucks, but I can’t fault the best player in the state taking an offer from a Super Regional team that many think is going to Omaha next year versus a school that hasn’t made its own conference tourney and has a new coach you have no relationship with.

We need Coach T to close the gap on the field to keep recruits & baseball is a sport we can close the gap in a few years.

If it comes down to keeping a hot shot recruit or making an absolutely necessary change in head coaches. I'm going to go with making the coaching change.

And if said recruit rides the bench for his college career behind some even hotter hot shot recruit on west end...well #schadenfreude.

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
If it comes down to keeping a hot shot recruit or making an absolutely necessary change in head coaches. I'm going to go with making the coaching change.

And if said recruit rides the bench for his college career behind some even hotter hot shot recruit on west end...well #schadenfreude.

Agree 100%. It was the right move.
I’m hoping in 5 years we have a consistent regional team so the gap is no longer as wide and the lure of an SEC team over MT has lost its luster in baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT