ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Timeouts

MTOleBlue

All American
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2015
Can we have a lesson for these coaches about timeouts? Up 20+ on Houston and he doesn't call a single timeout until 1 minute left in the 4th quarter after Houston has cut the lead down to 5. How on earth is this okay? This is why we lose games like this. Big leads vanish when we play tired and sloppy and Insell's watching from the sideline. It's inexcusable. We are very lucky to have beaten Houston with this kind of baffling game management.

There was a stretch with both teams turning it over and shooting airballs for like 2 minutes straight which obviously favors the team DOWN BY DOUBLE DIGITS. This is problematic and has to be fixed if we want to go far in the postseason NCAAs. I get wanting to have them for end-of-game situations, but you won't have to call them at the end of a game if you never let up your big lead to begin with! It's so frustrating to watch and I'm sure for everyone involved, both players and coaches. Love CRI but this is one thing that is a pretty obvious flaw in the system

Last edited:
Can we have a lesson for these coaches about timeouts? Up 20+ on Houston and he doesn't call a single timeout until 1 minute left in the 4th quarter after Houston has cut the lead down to 5. How on earth is this okay? This is why we lose games like this. Big leads vanish when we play tired and sloppy and Insell's watching from the sideline. It's inexcusable. We are very lucky to have beaten Houston with this kind of baffling game management
I've been trying to diagnose Insell & his time out issue for years. I almost think he doesn't want to call a time out when we need one because he feels he's acknowledging to the other coach that they're getting the best of us. His ego can't bare to come across as showing weakness to the opposition even if it costs us points or maybe even a win. That's the only thing I can think of. Could be wrong, but it is frustrating.
Missed watching the 2nd half. Were we exhausted because once again coaches barely sub players from the bench?

I've been trying to diagnose Insell & his time out issue for years. I almost think he doesn't want to call a time out when we need one because he feels he's acknowledging to the other coach that they're getting the best of us. His ego can't bare to come across as showing weakness to the opposition even if it costs us points or maybe even a win. That's the only thing I can think of. Could be wrong, but it is frustrating.
Missed watching the 2nd half. Were we exhausted because once again coaches barely sub players from the bench?
My thought was maybe wanting to have them all for end-of-game situations, moving the ball up, etc. but who knows really. Yes, not many subs and there was a big stretch of the 4th quarter where there were turnovers right and left, sloppy play, throwing it away, wild shots, and obviously tired team -- but didn't have a break until way past the typical media timeout spot

Can we have a lesson for these coaches about timeouts? Up 20+ on Houston and he doesn't call a single timeout until 1 minute left in the 4th quarter after Houston has cut the lead down to 5. How on earth is this okay? This is why we lose games like this. Big leads vanish when we play tired and sloppy and Insell's watching from the sideline. It's inexcusable. We are very lucky to have beaten Houston with this kind of baffling game management.

There was a stretch with both teams turning it over and shooting airballs for like 2 minutes straight which obviously favors the team DOWN BY DOUBLE DIGITS. This is problematic and has to be fixed if we want to go far in the postseason NCAAs. I get wanting to have them for end-of-game situations, but you won't have to call them at the end of a game if you never let up your big lead to begin with! It's so frustrating to watch and I'm sure for everyone involved, both players and coaches. Love CRI but this is one thing that is a pretty obvious flaw in the system
I'm glad you brought it up before I did. He holds on to time outs like they're gathering compound interest.

ADVERTISEMENT