ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Thoughts on Deion at Boulder?

One guy on Twitter (a podcaster with 100 followers) waits 4 months until Sanders leaves to break a story. Salty peanuts, I call bullsh!t. It's 1:40 pm. What's he waiting on? He said his podcast is about the controversy about him leaving. He's just baiting people to listen to his podcast.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtfblue
One guy on Twitter waits 4 months until Sanders leaves to break a story? Salty peanuts, I call bullsh!t. It's 1:40 pm. What's he waiting on?
No one is closer to JSU sports than Neely. Neely would have broken a story if there was one. Also, Prime is still on campus prepping for the celebration bowl. He got back yesterday.

Last edited:
Where's it at? There ain't no story. You don't think they didn't check into everything before they committed millions to him. Why the scrutiny on Deion when no one says anything about Hugh Sleaze and his tampering with a witness in a abuse case going on at Liberty? He called the woman and told her to drop the case. He gets hired and no one says sh!t. Riley told all those players at USC they gone and he flipped that roster. He's celebrated for it.

Let a successful black man with some swagger elevate a school out of no where, get the P5 job and the wolves come out. It's bullsh!t.

If Deion came here, I'd run out in the streets naked, painted blue losing my mind in happiness. He's a winner ON EVERY LEVEL. What the F did Stock win? Let's schedule Colorado and they will dance on our helmets buried in the turf BY HALFTIME.
Pretty sure plenty of people have said things about both Freeze and Riley.

Reactions: ewglenn
Pretty sure plenty of people have said things about both Freeze and Riley.
I haven't seen it much nor did it make it on major news shows but Deion leaving JSU hit CNN. Freeze shouldn't even be working right now and he's coaching a P5. New Mexico St. beat his a$$ and no one says squat.

Deion tells players to hit the portal if they ain't gonna work for it and people go off. It's just funny and sad to me. Go watch the video of him talking to different positions after that talk. It's quite different. It's tough love with some follow through. He's gonna get everybody there. The portal is his friend and he's perfect for it.

Zimmer isn't coming but Alabama's co DC is.

Reactions: mtfblue
I haven't seen it much nor did it make it on major news shows but Deion leaving JSU hit CNN. Freeze shouldn't even be working right now and he's coaching a P5. New Mexico St. beat his a$$ and no one says squat.

Deion tells players to hit the portal if they ain't gonna work for it and people go off. It's just funny and sad to me. Go watch the video of him talking to different positions after that talk. It's quite different. It's tough love with some follow through. He's gonna get everybody there. The portal is his friend and he's perfect for it.

Zimmer isn't coming but Alabama's co DC is.
I’m sure that’s what Deion meant but he did not say that. I listened to the entire meeting and press conference. The media has every right to blow up because that’s what he said and implied. I’m not sure what your point is but there was plenty of coverage over Hugh Freeze.

I’m sure that’s what Deion meant but he did not say that. I listened to the entire meeting and press conference. The media has every right to blow up because that’s what he said and implied. I’m not sure what your point is but there was plenty of coverage over Hugh Freeze.
His point is that he doesn’t want to acknowledge the coverage of Freeze because that does not fit his narrative. He also must see all criticism of Deion as being because he is black and no other reason. In reality, any coach that said what Deion said would be criticized by the people criticizing Deion and praised by those praising him. I just personally think it is dumb to name your son the starter without a competition and then try to walk it back by saying he will have to earn it. Also pretty dumb to say some positions are already taken care of. Obviously one position is CB with Travis Hunter, but he shouldn’t be given the job either.

Freeze was also essentially blackballed out of coaching for 3 years, and then turned up at Liberty for another 3 before he got another shot.

And the only school to take him is run by win at all costs crooks and has a history of turning a blind eye towards bad behavior - most penalized program in SEC, SCam Newton deal, they took Bruce Pearl, they fabricated sleaze to try and get rid of Harsin, stabbed Tuberville in back, etc....

Deion's a polarizing figure - it's been that way since he was with the Braves and Falcons. That's the way he likes it, and it works sometimes.

I know he's getting roasted by the race-clowns on twitter for his "I'm here for the HBCU's to make a difference, yadda, yadda, yadda" stuff that he took to JSU.

But people are the same no matter your race - if you can get a promotion at work, you take it.

Listening to Deion telling the kids that they'll have to work hard reminds me a book tiled "Getting Your Kids To Say No In The 90s When You Said Yes In The 60s." Deion's non-existent work ethic as a player, is well documented in Jeff Pearlman's book about the Dallas Cowboys. I'm not saying he isn't allowed to change, but I'm guessing some of his former coaches are spitting out their coffee.

Freeze was also essentially blackballed out of coaching for 3 years, and then turned up at Liberty for another 3 before he got another shot.

And the only school to take him is run by win at all costs crooks and has a history of turning a blind eye towards bad behavior - most penalized program in SEC, SCam Newton deal, they took Bruce Pearl, they fabricated sleaze to try and get rid of Harsin, stabbed Tuberville in back, etc....

Deion's a polarizing figure - it's been that way since he was with the Braves and Falcons. That's the way he likes it, and it works sometimes.

I know he's getting roasted by the race-clowns on twitter for his "I'm here for the HBCU's to make a difference, yadda, yadda, yadda" stuff that he took to JSU.

But people are the same no matter your race - if you can get a promotion at work, you take it.
Well, the news coming out is that JSU screwed Prime. They had a contract that said if they sold more the 30k at any game, he gets a cut. Well, they averaged 45k per game but only reported 28k so they wouldn't have to pay him. Prime was all in and did more for them and they welched on him. He even has a video talking about it months ago. There's other money that was owed to the football program that never got paid as well. Deion paid a lot more than half his salary to support those kids. He worked for free basically.

Listening to Deion telling the kids that they'll have to work hard reminds me a book tiled "Getting Your Kids To Say No In The 90s When You Said Yes In The 60s." Deion's non-existent work ethic as a player, is well documented in Jeff Pearlman's book about the Dallas Cowboys. I'm not saying he isn't allowed to change, but I'm guessing some of his former coaches are spitting out their coffee.
He worked. He didn't work the way they wanted but who's in the college HOF, pro HOF and played in a World Series? If he didn't have a work ethic and was ready to play, how does that happen? Also, look at all of the businesses and media work. Everyone that worked with him at the NFL network said they were amazed at how hard he worked so it is what it is. He worked his a$$ off at JSU and there is no doubt of that. He did more for that school in 2 years than any other HBCU coach did in 40.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
He worked. He didn't work the way they wanted but who's in the college HOF, pro HOF and played in a World Series? If he didn't have a work ethic and was ready to play, how does that happen? Also, look at all of the businesses and media work. Everyone that worked with him at the NFL network said they were amazed at how hard he worked so it is what it is. He worked his a$$ off at JSU and there is no doubt of that. He did more for that school in 2 years than any other HBCU coach did in 40.
He didn't work as a player. As I said, it's well documented.

Amazing, more talk and buzz about Deion and football than MT Football on the MT Football message board.

Not complaining about the talk, just sayin'.

Adding a little more buzz and spice to this conversation. Anyone seeing or hearing some of the various interviews Tim Brando has been doing over the last couple of days?

Basically, Tim Brando is dropping pretty big hints that out West lots of college ADs are already well into discussions on the next wave of conference realignment. Brando has specifically been bringing this up regarding Deion and Colorado. Brando is suggesting that Colorado may soon be making a move to return to the Big12.

While I don't have one specific link to share for this, an online search of Brando and the topic will result in some interviews he has been doing talking about these matters. He hints at other discussions with some of the other PAC10 programs. He specifically mentioned Boise St and Fresno St as something to watch in the weeks and months ahead regarding possible conference realignment. Interestingly, I think Brando recently had been covering the Mountain West Championship game of Boise and Fresno. Don't quote me on that as I'm trying to piece together several clips from interviews he has done in the last couple of days.

Adding a little more buzz and spice to this conversation. Anyone seeing or hearing some of the various interviews Tim Brando has been doing over the last couple of days?

Basically, Tim Brando is dropping pretty big hints that out West lots of college ADs are already well into discussions on the next wave of conference realignment. Brando has specifically been bringing this up regarding Deion and Colorado. Brando is suggesting that Colorado may soon be making a move to return to the Big12.

While I don't have one specific link to share for this, an online search of Brando and the topic will result in some interviews he has been doing talking about these matters. He hints at other discussions with some of the other PAC10 programs. He specifically mentioned Boise St and Fresno St as something to watch in the weeks and months ahead regarding possible conference realignment. Interestingly, I think Brando recently had been covering the Mountain West Championship game of Boise and Fresno. Don't quote me on that as I'm trying to piece together several clips from interviews he has done in the last couple of days.
Oh, it's out there. The P12 commmissioner is being dragged because he said there would be no expansion till after the new media deal, slated for Jan or Feb, which makes no sense. Not to mention the deal can't happen till the board rules in allowing UCLA to leave or not.

Then Yormark of the B12 has stated expansion essentially will happen, by no coincidence, within a few months.

In other words he knows the schools aren't wanting to wait for a media deal or on UCLA and he can immediately offer close to $40m with the new B12 deal when the P12 is totally unknown.

Then the P12 backfills with MWC, with the last I saw being enough to make 16 as there are more and more rumblings that Stanford will jump to replace UCLA if the state blocks them.

This isn't anywhere near done which is even more reason as soon as that permit opens in March, there needs to be an excavator knocking crap down the same day. #BuildBlue

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Oh, it's out there. The P12 commmissioner is being dragged because he said there would be no expansion till after the new media deal, slated for Jan or Feb, which makes no sense. Not to mention the deal can't happen till the board rules in allowing UCLA to leave or not.

Then Yormark of the B12 has stated expansion essentially will happen, by no coincidence, within a few months.

In other words he knows the schools aren't wanting to wait for a media deal or on UCLA and he can immediately offer close to $40m with the new B12 deal when the P12 is totally unknown.

Then the P12 backfills with MWC, with the last I saw being enough to make 16 as there are more and more rumblings that Stanford will jump to replace UCLA if the state blocks them.

This isn't anywhere near done which is even more reason as soon as that permit opens in March, there needs to be an excavator knocking crap down the same day. #BuildBlue
Can't build fast enough. I like that.

Yea, Brando seemed to be mentioning that media rights deals for programs are actually growing in offers for programs out West and in the Midwest that recently feared the offers would shrink.

Interesting stuff.

Well, the news coming out is that JSU screwed Prime. They had a contract that said if they sold more the 30k at any game, he gets a cut. Well, they averaged 45k per game but only reported 28k so they wouldn't have to pay him. Prime was all in and did more for them and they welched on him. He even has a video talking about it months ago. There's other money that was owed to the football program that never got paid as well. Deion paid a lot more than half his salary to support those kids. He worked for free basically.
Not all that is true. He made over a million last year and will make over a million this year. He was saying ticketmaster was playing with the numbers of how many tickets they sold. They changed this year to JSU online ticket service. JSU actually came up with 3 million dollars to pay him to stay and he told them there was no amount money would get him to stay, because he had the P5 job. USF was a pawn to get UC to offer, and he wasn't looking for anything else. There is a lot of false narratives out there. He wanted to leave for thee 1st P5 job that would hire him. Not bad at that, he gained coaching experience and JSU gained finances and exposure. It was a partnership that both benefited from.

yeah, that rumor has been out. UC, UU, UA and ASU to the Big 12, and the PAC12 back fields with some MW teams

Amazing, more talk and buzz about Deion and football than MT Football on the MT Football message board.

Not complaining about the talk, just sayin'.
What's to talk about concerning MT? The program is a corpse on ice. J

JSU offered a mill, not 3 and it was to be divided among his coaches as well. Where in the hell would they get 3 mill? Deion has not been paid for the gate and wasn't last year. HE SAID SO IN A VIDEO. LOL. Ticketmaster pays the school and they said the numbers were 28k so they didn't have to pay him the cut. Deion paid out a lot more money during the water crisis and last years celebration bowl. This is being reported by multiple sources. He did his part. More than any SWAC coach has ever done besides Eddie.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaiderDeez
No one is closer to JSU sports than Neely. Neely would have broken a story if there was one. Also, Prime is still on campus prepping for the celebration bowl. He got back yesterday.
JT, well Neely is on payroll with Prime at Colorado. He is part of the video team....smh

JT, well Neely is on payroll with Prime at Colorado. He is part of the video team....smh
I don't blame him. His JSU pregame show and HBCU gameday coverage was amazing. Prime is bringing him along and he will do wonders there. Social media content is the name of the game and Prime is connecting in a way that other coaches have never been able to do. Where is our social media content? There is no connection with our program and the fanbase. There is a reason the town has other crap to do than watch us play.

I think Coach Prime is laying out a blueprint on how to do this in the modern era.

I don't blame him. His JSU pregame show and HBCU gameday coverage was amazing. Prime is bringing him along and he will do wonders there. Social media content is the name of the game and Prime is connecting in a way that other coaches have never been able to do. Where is our social media content? There is no connection with our program and the fanbase. There is a reason the town has other crap to do than watch us play.

I think Coach Prime is laying out a blueprint on how to do this in the modern era.
After 25yrs in retail grocery in all aspects from customer service, vendor management, contracts, sales route management, employee management, and now accounting, I can attest 100000% that a manager...ie coach...is only as good as the people he surrounds himself with.

A good leader knows that.

I keep reading about all this Deion Sanders leadership and being a good coach and role model and a good influence and all that stuff……and I can’t help but wonder if this is the same Deion Sanders from the 90’s that we’re talking about.

I keep reading about all this Deion Sanders leadership and being a good coach and role model and a good influence and all that stuff……and I can’t help but wonder if this is the same Deion Sanders from the 90’s that we’re talking about.
LOL. I know I'm different in a lot of ways than I was when I was young. People evolve and change, sometimes for the better.

A good coach is able to inspire his players to consistently execute plays, and the more talented his players are, the more successful the team will be.

Deion has shown that he can recruit and motivate his guys.

With the portal in place, I believe he will have Colorado vying for National Championships within the next five years.
I think Colorado COULD be a sleeping giant. Good academics and the campus is gorgeous. I think Deion will get dudes in there. The staff he is assembling is impressive as well

He's 55 now. I'm 50. I know I'm much different than I was in my 20's. LOL. A whole lot different.

He's done a lot of work in Texas with youth football and high school ball. I think that and life experience has helped him change as well.

People do change. I was an idiot until 25, and probably didn't actually grow up until 35. My wife is a saint for putting up with me all those years.

We'll see if Deion is all he says he is soon enough. The one thing about Deion was that he could not take adversity or criticism very well. He's about to get a heaping of it as he builds Colorado.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT