ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL This MT fan wants to know. . .

I was deadly serious when posing the question of just who is this person.

For those who don't listen to (or listen to but don't pay close attention to) the pre-game broadcast this person has given the weather forecast for the game site for several years. During all that time I missed it if Dick Palmer has ever told anything about this person but that he gives "our" weather forecast for the game. (one time, IIRC, we were told this person was not available and Davis Noland of Channel 2 substituted.)

Yesterday the forecast was given both during Plamer's pre-game show and also by Walters just prior to kickoff.

I'm just wondering:

What is his last name (no google search using every spelling I can think up comes up with anything)?

Where is he a meterologist? TV?, Radio?, NOAA?, Research?, Retired?

What is his connection to MT or; does he possibly do this service for several schools' game broadcasts (doubtful since there is no apparent commercial interest connected to his slot in the show)?

I would just like to know just who is Lou Shitan (Cithan, Shitcan, Chitcan, whatever)???

. . . who the heck is Meteorologists Lou Chitan (sp.)?

I saw one of his tweets come across my timeline a few weeks back...was always curious myself. If I recall, I don't think he is a meteorologist by trade. I believe he is a university employee that does the weather as a hobby.

I would say don't quote me on that, but since this a message board...

I saw one of his tweets come across my timeline a few weeks back...was always curious myself. If I recall, I don't think he is a meteorologist by trade. I believe he is a university employee that does the weather as a hobby.

I would say don't quote me on that, but since this a message board...

Thanks, I was beginning to think I was the only poster who listens to the pre-game or that I was the only inquisitive listener.

As an aside concerning this person possibly being a weather hobbyist: If one calls themselves a meteorologist mustn't they be certified by some professional body? IIRC that came up with some "weather person" who got in trouble on a local TV station.

Lew Jetton is actually someone that MTSU is quite proud of, and that’s why you hear him on the radio during Blue Raider football games.

Lew Jetton is a loyal MTSU Alumnus and Blue Raider Sports Fan. He gives his time to MTSU when he can and he provides meteorology reports during Blue Raider Football Games. He has indeed served as a Television and Radio Weathercaster / News Reporter and also as a weekend Television News Anchor / Meteorologist. Lew Jetton is also a highly talented and successful musician – He is the guitarist and lead singer for Lew Jetton & 61 South, a band signed to a Blues Label with an album, “Rain” that climbed on the Roots Music Contemporary Blues Album chart at # 15 in the world. Great band!

Thanks jbblueraider: Not only did I not know how to spell his last name but I didn't consider the common spelling of Lew. Had I known the last name was of French derivation I still wouldn't have been able to spell it correctly.

Once knowing the correct spelling a quick search confirmed your information and much more. One site has Lew Jetton as the most notable person in the U. S. with that last name.

Thanks again for satisfying my curiosity.

ADVERTISEMENT